Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Do I need a Tune with Pfadt parts? Is this a good price?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Chadillac76 
#1 ·
My friend sold his ATS and he had Pfadt parts on it. He is offering me his intake and downpipe for $300.

Would you say this is a good buy? Would I need a tune or could I just install them? If so, who would you suggest and would they have any issues with the tune with Pfadt parts on my car?

#2 ·
They will likely work without a tune, but you'll be leaving a bunch of power and drivability on the table.

We dyno'd a an ATS with a CAI and DP on the stock tune last week and it made about 20 rwhp/20+ ft-lbs over my car with both running the stock tunes. After tuning the car there was a giant leap in torque output, 80+ ft/lbs if I recall ;)

#3 ·
Price is pretty good; that's about (or even less) than what the downpipe sold for by itself.
Also, if the downpipe is catless, you will instantly set off a check engine code for the rear oxygen sensor.
I am currently running a new CAI and a catted DP on my setup without a tune. There is a difference in feel and sound, but the factory tune limits power, so you won't gain any top numbers. Under the curve though, you may feel a bit of a difference.

#9 ·
Please PM me the VIN and the email used for the original purchase of the owner of the ATS that the Pfadt P35 package was installed on. I'd be happy to transfer the calibration over if the chain of custody can be established for the parts. In other words we would be amicable to send you a free calibration for your car if we have proof of purchase for the specific ATS P35 purchase.

They will likely work without a tune, but you'll be leaving a bunch of power and drivability on the table.

We dyno'd a an ATS with a CAI and DP on the stock tune last week and it made about 20 rwhp/20+ ft-lbs over my car with both running the stock tunes. After tuning the car there was a giant leap in torque output, 80+ ft/lbs if I recall ;)
If so, who would you suggest and would they have any issues with the tune with Pfadt parts on my car?
Mike has some good stuff as well if you want to go that way. In my opinion I think either way you're in good hands. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.