#1 ·
Hey guys like the title says we need minimum 10 firm commitments to get a deal
from BNR on a tune/cable package

1 SIREN05
2 donavo
3 MYERSBALLS
4 ROMANATS
5 ?????

BNR once we hit 10 what will the group buy be??

#163 · (Edited)
Got my USPS tracking today too.

Had a nice talk and there are some cool features in the works especially for automatics since the TC slip is electronica;;y controlled on ATS.

One thing I learned is the ATS tune is for 91 octane since the whole west coast is 91 as the highest normally available fuel. The 2.0 LOVES
E85 so those that want max HP can opt for that.
As for those of us who have the luxury of 93 or 94 octane, when you log data and return it to BNR/Trifeca, they will check and if all looks
well will probably not change boost much if any but give you more timing and thus torque.
My old LNF had 9-10 deg at wot but this mtr according to BNR is more efficient and thus needs less timing showing about 5 deg at wot.
Interesting stuff.
BNR ( Jerry) give me reference to an Aeroforcetech Interceptor OBDII gauge that will readout all sorts of data like boost and knock retard, log
it for later review and can plot and send to web like I did with Dashhawk when I 1st got ATS ( early post). Buying one.
frank

#177 ·
Done[/QUOTE

I mentioned that to BNR but I believe the tune comes as Trifeca designed it and not upgraded for better performance and you should not try
to cut out the dtatalogging and sending data set. These are VERY complex engines and software with many more variables than just boost
and octane and as such individual engines can vary so the ONLY safe way is to datalog your individual engine and send data to BNR/Trifeca
and let them adjust the tune on a one and one basis. This is a good thing and I for one am happy they offer the service to the end user. It makes
for the best and SAFE tune for us.

I mentioned in a previxos email about the Aeroforce OBDII gauge that I am going to use to monitor boost ( just to see) and knock retatd ( for safety)
I did this before with my Solstice GXP and HHR SS and it helped both live long lives. If you have a permanant gauge you can glance at and see if
you have knock ( possibly bad gas), you can possibly save your engine. BNR says 1.4 turbo guys use a Ultrscan display gauge for only $60 to
see data on their cars. I asked them if it works with ATS 2.0. No answer yet
frank
retired engineer GM race programs
Awesome thanks

#197 ·
Lol. I wonder if they send out a generic tune for all ATS's or if they do slight alterations to each tune. Not rushing or anything just want to know the process and why it's not sent right away. Hopefully they go thru each tune independently...

----------

BTW Ive been going over the tune install repeatedly so I don't ruin my ECM. Ive read about people hooking the car battery to a charger so that the voltage doesn't drop during the install which can mess up the writing process. Anyone have any experience with this and know how necessary it is? Also make sure you install your tune with the car in "Service Only Mode" which is selected by pressing and holding the PUSH START button for five seconds without pressing the brake pedal (I believe). If anyone can chime in and confirm or has any previous experience tuning with EZ flash please chime in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.