#1 ·
Hey guys like the title says we need minimum 10 firm commitments to get a deal
from BNR on a tune/cable package

1 SIREN05
2 donavo
3 MYERSBALLS
4 ROMANATS
5 ?????

BNR once we hit 10 what will the group buy be??

#201 · (Edited)
I went to www.wot-tuning.com, a sub web site of Trifeca Performance and downloaded the latest version of the software EZ Flash that u need to
load the tune when it arrives. It is version 1.6.17.0 last updated today at 1;59 PM. iT SAYS VER 3.5 OF net.
Site also has the drivers that u need with red cable and EZ Flash. Here is link
http://www.wot-tuning.com/forums/files/file/1-ez-flash/

frank

PS got my cable today.
PPS: I suspect this info will probably come with the tune but provide it for those who are interested and want to prepare for when tune arrives.

#204 ·
Thanks for the link. It also says, "You may receive a "Setup Error" when performing this first step if the framework is already installed. If you receive a "Setup Error" you may proceed to the next step. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may skip this step." I'm on Win7, and am assuming that Win7 comes pre-installed with .Net 4+ but you know what they say about "assuming". When I click the link it doesn't do anything, not an error, per se'.

#208 ·
The tune install takes 30-40 minutes, so make sure you are in "Service Only Mode". As stated earlier push and hold the start button (no foot on brake) for 5 seconds. If you watch your DIC, you will see the message come up. Then follow instructions. You don't need to put a charger on the battery.
The tunes are for auto and manual. After the install you can do a driving "data log" and email it to BNR. Adjustments specific to your car will be made, if necessary.

#225 · (Edited)
Put my tune in and it took better part of 1/2 hr to do as it read/writes twice. Once it got to 100% 1st time, then flashed a quick message on screen
that I could not read fast enough, then did another read/write cycle.

couple things: 1st- the 1st cpu I tried to use kept giving font errors. EZ needs 96 dpi and no mather how I adj res etc I could not see accept box in custom tune EZ program. All other EZ boxes ok. Changed to different cpu and all went well. 2nd- when you hold down start for 5 sec, dash segments all light up but no message u are in service mode

OK- How does it work. VERY GOOD. I have a OBDII gauge so I can read out all engine parameters so I set it to read boost and knock retard.
For a quick best comparison, put it in 3rd gear and set rpm to about 3000. In tour mode or stock, wot at 3000 yields 13-16 psi and no knock.
In sport or tune mode, I see 20-22.5 psi and a couple deg knock retard. Car lifts up in front because it is pulling so hard.
Wot from a start gives more boost than stock thus pulling harder- feels great. I will have to record some runs with my gauge and play them back to
get more exact numbers. Gauge can read out mass air flow and torque directly so will record those to. Stock gave 30 #/min which cals to 260.8
ft #, the # GM gives for stock.

Make SURE your cpu has ALL power saving shutoff before u program. U do not want it to go to sleep 1/2 way thru programming.

#226 ·
Glad you like it Frank (you spoke to me on the phone)! The reason it takes so long is because we are doing a complete OS rewrite, not just a partial flash for jus a couple values like the COBB does. EFILive tuning and HPTuners is the same way, only a few seconds to flash just a few changes to the stock program. After the initial flash of our custom OS to the ECM, updates will be much faster as they will flash in the same manner- just a few changes to what is already there.

It will take longer for the automatics than the manuals as it will flash the ECM, and then the TCM. The manual cars will only take like 15 mins or so to flash initially depending on your computer hardware. I've had people with really old hardware tell me it takes an hour plus to flash, but on a current PC it shouldn't take anywhere near that long.

#227 ·
Thanks for reply. Would be curious about the changes to trans without getting into trade secrets. It felt
good especially on launch. When I talked to Vince he said the auto slip rpm was elec set and thus
programmable but not sure if that is ready for prime time. Good to know trans was included in tune.

#228 ·
Thanks Frank good to hear you like it so far and thanks for posting. That's awesome that you have the gauge so we actually measure the improvement and document it. You drive a auto correct? If we could use it on a 6 speed to see if the problems with the tune were fixed or to see if there is any difference in output it would be sweet.

#236 ·
A bonus in tune for those with automatics. The 2nd read/write cycle tunes up the trans and it feels to me that most of the delay in throttle response
from torque management is gone.
For those with automatics, we now get a green S showing we are in sport/tune mode AND we get a D with 1-6 depending on gear. VERY NICE since I like
seeing the gear I am in but u got that in the headsup only in manual mode. Now we get D1 to D6 in our sport o on dash in lower rh side.

#241 ·
If you have a manual it will only write once, ECM tune only.

If you have an automatic, you'll see a box asking for custom engine, custom transmission, stock engine, stock transmission. Underneath those options you will see a check box that says "Auto Program Transmission after Engine tuning" or something like that. If you leave it checked EZFlash will flash the engine, then the transmission.

#248 ·
Installed tune today and man does it feel quick it chirps tires in second gear. Car is much more responsive and pulls harder just like everyone else said. I did not drive it too much but definitely noticeable difference. Also I want to say BNR support is unbelievable. Had some issue with set up. went home send an email by the time I was outside Jerry called me on a Saturday Night. Can you ask for more ?

#249 ·
i am super jealous!! i get my ATS 2.0T manual on Monday (standard Trim) with a bunch of adds. I read every post on this thread and feel as tho i dont have enough information. Im not really car/computer savy and have never done any electronic mods to any of my cars. I do have a long history of GM car issues with frequent visits to the dealership. I have a big fear losing my warranty. I understand that it is possible to flash back to stock but i think i need to see it to believe it. Are there any videos out there showing the tuning and reversal process? I will gladly dish out the money for the tune and cable at full cost if it will work. AND the million dollar question of whether or not i can do it myself. I live in NYC and have 93 octane readily available at most gas stations. Can someone help/offer support. I intend on doing some D3 body mods which is what brought me to Trifecta followed by finding this thread. D3 is charging $629 for what seems to be the same thing that is offered here. Am i mis understanding it. sorry for being ignorant but im trying to eduMacate myself! thanks for the continued support.

#251 ·
A quick note for some of you- Anybody that has a VIN starting with 1G6AA, has an automatic transmission, has the 2.0T engine, and purchased during the BNR ATS Group Buy should contact us for an update.

We've recently made some new advances on those particular tunes and are also going to include some new GM updates. Please PM me here to get the update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.