Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone buying or debating getting a tune? Would luv some feedback

7K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  mikesul 
#1 ·
I have a black raven 2.0 turbo auto performance and I am really wanting a CAI, custom exhaust, and a tune. I luv my ats and got rid of a 09 custom hemi orange challenger srt 8 with custom built 426 with magna super charger. Man that beast was
not only pretty and heavy but loaded with 653 rwhp pushing about 800 hp at thei crank. I am not trying to do that with the ATS just would like some small mods with maybe a hand held tuner. You guys got any ideas or thoughts on how or who can
help me make this happen. Any thoughts or comments are more than welcome

I hope you all are enjoying your caddy's as much as I am. Thank you Cadillac for
design and also the customers service. Cadillac is making America proud

O.k. Nuff rambling let the thoughts commece

Thanks
Groomie

#2 ·
Pics of said Challenger!

'n yes, I'm getting mine tuned in the coming months. In the mean time though I'm getting it dropped 1.5-2", getting a custom Intake and DP made as well, possibly a fully cat back w/ Electric cutout.

I'm just waiting to get the tune done because

1) want to make sure I dont have a lemon car
2)getting my bolt ons first

#3 ·
A question re: the cable. Maybe I am not understanding something (as I am not extremely familiar with this subject), but I don't see why one cable would be able to read and write while another would only presumably be able to read. This seems to be implied when reading the BNR website. The cable is simply a medium through which a signal travels. In other words, if a cable can read (i.e., receive a signal from the car), why can't the cable transmit a signal to the car (i.e., write)?

I see there is a mention of "commanded speed" for reading/writing. I can understand how a bandwidth requirement could come into play, but that seems interface dependent (e.g., USB 1.0 v. FireWire), and only related (although to a much lesser extent) to the type of materials used to make the cable (e.g., conductivity properties of the metal). I'm not saying that you are incorrect, I am just looking for more technical information to help me understand.

Additionally, I am under the impression that the ECU utilizes "look-up tables" to determine boost pressure, air fuel ratio, etc. to achieve the desired 272 hp output. If this is correct, does the tune simply amend the "look-up tables" to have data providing greater power output? Additionally, with "select-a-tune," does the ECU house the factory "look-up tables" as well as the new "look-up tables," then use the appropriate table based on user input?

Thanks for the help.

#4 ·
Stevo,

My thoughts exactly. I want to do my bolt on's before I get the tune as I also do not want mine to be a lemon. But, I am anxious and ready for some of these aftermarket things to start appearing.
I think I am going to black it all out also.

Thanks,

Groomie

#6 ·
I am interested in adding a tune to my ATS and soon. I have added mods to cars within the 1st week I have owned them. I don't plan to added the exhaust as much as I would like it. I just leased mine and plan to get into the ATS-V or a CTS-V Wagon later so I don't want to put much into my 2.0T. I am normally a huge modification geek but I promised myself I would take it easy with this car.

#7 ·
I have the Trifecta tune, and it has turned my 2.0T into a much better performance car. I think I finally got one of the major performance companies to build an intake and hope to see product by the end of the week. The great thing about Trifecta tunes is that with data logging and email tunes I can get it the car retuned for no charge!

#11 ·
the other driver didnt have as many runs in as I did that night, but we did learn that you can't disable the TC if you have low tire pressure. I can say that I have let multiple people at my dealership drive the car since the tune was done and they all said they noticed a drastic change in power and powerband. Bad News Racing for the win!

#22 ·
If you look at the picture of my car at the track in the other post you can see my numbers(NHRA lic.#) on the side window that match the time slip, also the car in front is the Mustang I raced, you can just see his 1st 2 numbers. The times depend a lot on the track elevation, weather and weight of the vehicle. I can't remember what he said his mustang weighed, but he's almost 300lbs and I'm 165!! Is your car a manual or auto?

Kevin

#26 ·
Yup

yup^ I said the same thing, but I have the modding bug with every car I own, this things gonna be a missile when I'm done with it
Yeah I know, I have had the bug since I was 16. I mod it all, from the 911 C4 I owned to the BMW E60 with a V10 I just sold. I am serious about upgrading to another model as soon as I get past year 2 of my 3 year lease so I don't want to be too far into this car. I hope I like the ATS-V when it is released because I really like the size and looks of the ATS over the CTS.
Oh and, by the time my car hits 1000 miles I will tune it. I am looking forward to the added power for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.