Pfadt Race Engineering is finishing up the development on our ATS Intercooler. Just wanted to share some insider pics. We know POWER is the main goal and we open up that potential with the Pfadt Intercooler.
- Retains factory quick connect intercooler fittings for simple installation and maintenance.
- Front mount in lower grill for maximum cooling efficiency
- Short intake path for unmatched boost response
- CFD tuned air distribution vanes for increased charge cooling and low restriction and more HP
- Lightweight, compact high efficiency aluminum core capable of flowing 1000 CFM which is enough air to support 650 HP
Wanted to also point out the key development we did even before the first fabricated piece: Internal Flow Distribution Vanes. Below are a couple of CFD plots of flow in our Pfadt Intercooler with and without these directional vanes that help distribute the flow across the entire intercooler core. A lot of intercoolers on the market will simply plug a pipe into a core and call it good. Problem is you wind up utilizing a small portion of the available frontal area for cooling. The more efficient you can get your intercooler to operate at, the more flow you will be able to cool, and ultimately the more power potential you will have. Check the pics. You can see that without these vanes about HALF of the core will see stagnant flow, and result in heavily reduced cooling and power output.
With Flow Distribution Vanes:
Without Flow Distribution Vanes: