New set of tires
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, New set of tires in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Last night my front left tire lost air suddenly, it is OEM Bridgestone potanza RF I went to the shop ...
    Fullmoon909 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6

New set of tires

Last night my front left tire lost air suddenly, it is OEM Bridgestone potanza RF I went to the shop on my way home and they told me it need to be replaced and since i ave over 31K miles on it I decided to replace all 4 . This morning I went to the store and found continental and Mechlin non RF the said the Mechlin pilot sport3 are more quite and softer so I bought a set for 1000$ and I really hope they are better than the awful OEM .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

oemtech is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T-Auto /Hemi Challenger R/T-6sp/Corvette LS3-Auto

Re: New set of tires

Anything is better than run flats!

OHHEY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS v6

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmoon909 View Post
    Last night my front left tire lost air suddenly, it is OEM Bridgestone potanza RF I went to the shop on my way home and they told me it need to be replaced and since i ave over 31K miles on it I decided to replace all 4 . This morning I went to the store and found continental and Mechlin non RF the said the Mechlin pilot sport3 are more quite and softer so I bought a set for 1000$ and I really hope they are better than the awful OEM .
    You won't be sorry, I got the Sport3+ on mine to replace the RF tires and it's like a different car. That is money well spent. Mine were about $800 installed, and I got a $60 rebate.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

CaptSoloNJ is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux

I for one, do not mind the run flats. They seem smooth enough compared to what I had on other cars (Goodyear Comfortreds).

The lack of need for spare tire is somewhat comforting (for now). I do not like the idea of filling a (compact no air) tire on the side of a road. On 2 occasions, over the years, I have had to tow the car anyway because the valves on the spares degraded or even the cap got fused to the valve where it would not come off.

The price of run flats have dropped significantly (like $150 each for Michelins).

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by OHHEY View Post
    You won't be sorry, I got the Sport3+ on mine to replace the RF tires and it's like a different car. That is money well spent. Mine were about $800 installed, and I got a $60 rebate.
    2nd for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Put a oem tire inflator compressor in the trunk and all is good in the event of murphy's law.

3Point6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2016 ATS Coupe 3.6 AWD Performance; 2002 Ford Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmoon909 View Post
    I've went through two sets of the Pilot Sport A/S 3 on my previous car. They are fantastic tires, will be putting them on the ATS when the time comes.

idealdreams is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS4 Premium 3.6L White Diamond Tricoat

Good choice on the A/S 3+ tires - I just bought a set for my ATS and what a difference they are in comparison to the run flats. Softer and quieter hit the nail on the head. Though $1000 seems pretty pricey, is that installed? I bought my tires in June from my dealer who charged me $745 and some change out the door installed for a set of 4.

artscadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev: 2007 CTS 3.6 RWD - Now: 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux

My previous 2007 CTS came with FE3 and Bridgestone Potenza summer tires. When they wore out, I switched to the
    Mich AS/3. I felt the AS/3 cornered just as well as the summer tires. Maybe the summer tires would grab better at 100+ MPH,
    but I don't need that and don't go to a track.

Now my 16 ATS has the standard runflats. Even with the runflats and FE2, the ATS corners great.
    I have a lease, so I don't plan to change. I think staying with the 17" runflats will smooth out the ride a bit.

The Mich AS/3+ is supposed to be even better than AS/3.

Fullmoon909 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by idealdreams View Post
    Good choice on the A/S 3+ tires - I just bought a set for my ATS and what a difference they are in comparison to the run flats. Softer and quieter hit the nail on the head. Though $1000 seems pretty pricey, is that installed? I bought my tires in June from my dealer who charged me $745 and some change out the door installed for a set of 4.
    All tires sold in Saudi Arabia are with installation

Hibar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011SRX,2015ATS RWD base 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by artscadillac View Post
    My previous 2007 CTS came with FE3 and Bridgestone Potenza summer tires. When they wore out, I switched to the
    Mich AS/3. I felt the AS/3 cornered just as well as the summer tires. Maybe the summer tires would grab better at 100+ MPH,
    but I don't need that and don't go to a track.

Now my 16 ATS has the standard runflats. Even with the runflats and FE2, the ATS corners great.
    I have a lease, so I don't plan to change. I think staying with the 17" runflats will smooth out the ride a bit.

The Mich AS/3+ is supposed to be even better than AS/3.
    Good luck with that my 2015 ATS has 29K now on the 17" R/Fs and they ride just as hard now as when new, due to primarily hyway driving I don't mind that much , its only on washboard surface's or bumps that you really get the jolting effect, they still look good tread wise but I will change out in a few K more miles [ only rated 30 K] for non R/Fs Michelin Premiers from Costco.

gewats is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 ATS4 3.6 PREMIUM SEDAN

i had the mich primacy run flats on my new 2015 ats, and got rid of them with only 3000 miles, the ride was bone jarring. spent 800 for the a/s3+ including install, and could not be more pleased. the handling is fantastic, and the ride is improved by about 40%.

scorcher is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 2012 SRX

Could not get rid of the run flats soon enough. Bought a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Best tire I have every owned. great performance in all wet and dry conditions. This would not be a good tire for snow.

IowaATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Premium

I went with Continental CDWS 06 or something like that cause the Bridgestone RF Summer Tires weren't worth a shit in the snow. Now I feel like I can go anywhere and the ride is great.

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

I don't find the Run flats that bad. You guys should send me all your take offs and I will never have to buy tires.

scottritger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 /2.0t

I went with Pirelli P Zero (not Nero). $109 each out the door, mounted, balanced, nitrogen and tax. They are being closed out.

----------

I've been wondering about the impact on the front end with RFs as opposed to standard tires.

18. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.