Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Another Cadillac dealer service vent

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Seahorse 
#1 ·
Brought the 2014 ATS in to the dealer because the Nav system failed. Car sat there 4 days and the dealer kept saying "new CUE should be in tomorrow". Had two other issues on the repair ticket. Tires out of balance and a rattle in the front left fender. They stated that they could not start another repair until the first issue is finished. On the fourth day I spoke with a parts person about the special ordered CUE screen to see when it would arrive. They stated another 24 days before it was scheduled to arrive. (factory back order). Dealer would have left it sitting there another 24 days before even starting on the other two simple issues. I took the car home that Friday evening and told them to call me when the Cue screen arrived. They didn't call. I dropped by 3 weeks later to find out the story. They said they tried to call and let know the screen had arrived. Sure they tried to call, with a phone number from an old file that had been disconnected 3 years ago. Even after giving them my new number on each repair request for the past 3 years.
Anyway I brought the car in last Monday evening. Picked it up on Friday evening. This time I added the headlight alignment issue to the list. The Cue screen was replaced and the tires balanced. I also asked for the front alignment to be checked because the steering wheel stays about 5 degrees to the left, even on flat roads or while driving in the left lane. The steering wheel being that far from center could cause the headlights to shine to the left as the car thinks I'm turning left all the time. Dealer stated the alignment was not covered under the B to B warranty.
I drove the car Saturday night and the headlights went haywire and were shining up into the trees like they were before they "fixed" them. (replaced the headlight module). Also noticed greasy knuckle prints on the inside of the windshield where they had replaced the CUE system. That's when I saw the hole in the center of the dash cover. I think that is where the light sensor would normally be.
9 days in the shop so far. They replaced the CUE screen and balanced the tires. Now I have to schedule another trip to the shop. It will be at least another 3 days in the shop as they will likely have to order something to repair the sticky headlight controllers.
Looks like a total of 12 days in the shop if I'm lucky (with scheduled appointments) over 7 weeks and no loaner car. If I had not insisted on taking the car home while the CUE system was on order, it would be a the dealer for about 7 weeks. Plus they can't find any of the repair tickets, even though it under warranty. I want records of the repairs.
OK, just another rant on poor Cadillac dealer service. I'm done.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Seahorse,

We sincerely regret to hear that the service you received from this dealership has left you disappointed, as this is not the experience we would hope for our customers to have. We would be more than happy to reach out to the dealer and provide an additional layer of support for the next time that you bring your ATS in to have these additional concerns addressed. If you’d like any assistance from our team, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage and the name of the dealership. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Service

#7 ·
Called the dealer to set up another appointment for the headlight issue. It's not fun driving down the interstate with headlights shining into the trees. Their response when I asked for the service writer that I had been working with was" sorry, he is no longer with us". Then silence. I asked if I could still my car fixed? (sarcasm) Yes, I guess so, but the girl who works with loaner cars is out today. Call back tomorrow. This dealership is a joke and GM lets it continue.

#5 ·
I have a Cadillac (Covert Cadillac in Austin, TX) only dealer and their service is top notch. Always get a loaner, they have even sent someone to pickup/return the car and leave a loaner for me to drive. They have fixed 99% of my issues. I have a nagging HVAC issue that only shows up on long trips... like 1,500 miles. The HVAC works but may blow hot air out of the drivers while ice cold air out the passengers side for no reason at all.

I always wash my car BEFORE I take it in for service and they wash it before I pick it up. Why? Because I told them when I pick up the car it should look like it did or better than when it came in. They will still get to fix any issues that pertain to the rest of the power train warranty.

Now, will I take it back there after the B2B warranty and the Free oil changes are over. Probably not as I have a 4 post lift in my shop.

#6 ·
Part of the issue with dealerships can be the service adviser you get. In the past I've had some terrible dealings with a couple service advisers at the same dealership I am still at. I have had a new adviser the last 18 months and she's been great. My car was just taken in Wednesday last week for a headlight issue. She set the appointment up and put me in an XT5. She called me later that day and said they had to order a harness and if I wanted could keep the XT5 over the weekend. (ended up they had to order 2 harnesses) so I just got my car back today. As always she said she'd have someone drop my car off at my work (she always does this for oil changes too) and pick up the loaner. I told her I didn't fill it back up yet with gas and she said not to worry about it. It was full when I got it and had less than a 1/4 tank. My car always come back washed and looking great.
As a side-note, I don't get why they put a shifter like they did in the XT5 and the seats might as well be rocks. Drives nice though.

#10 ·
How can they NOT have a repair history of your car? Are they using clay tablets instead of a GM-linked computer system?

I would have had a come-to-Jesus meeting with the Service Manager when they changed your repair priority to accommodate a back-ordered part.

And no rental car? Mine gives me one for minor scheduled services. It sounds like it's past time for you to find a new dealership.

I hate hearing stories like this. I've had so many great dealership experiences over the years.

CC

#11 ·
Same here, makes me realize that all dealerships aren't the same. My dealer put me in a brand new CT6 loaner for an OIL CHANGE. If that isn't great service I don't know what is.

#12 ·
These are the type of dealers that need to be reported. Most just find another and move on. I always get offered a loaner, loaners are always made available even if they do run out of Cadillacs. My service advisor texts me updates as I have asked him and he prefers it too. Saves him and I time. No need to worry about missing calls, leaving voicemail, other people answering your calls, etc. Once I had an alignment done and the steering wheel wasn't centered. I texted him and the Service Mgr called me to offer them to pickup my car and they leave a loaner.

There service has been so great, that if I ever looked at another brand, I would base it on the quality of the service departments of the local dealership(s), but thinking of purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.