Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Another site like 17vin.com?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  idealdreams 
#1 ·
Guys,

Looking for ATS w/ Driver Assist and easiest way I've found to weed them out for sure is 17vin.com. Unfortunately it has been down some time.

Is there a similar site I can hit up?

TIA.

#2 ·
As you are probably finding out, there are very few ATS with Driver Assist.
It's an option even on the Premium.

Because of the cost dealers don't stock ATS with DA. They hardly stock any Premium or Perf.

Even those who special order their cars don't want to pay for DA, so they are rare.

#7 ·
Driver Assist package also adds rear cross-traffic alert and blind spot monitoring for the 2013s depending on which MY the OP is looking for. Those two features weren't brought into the Driver Awareness package until later MYs.

I really wanted my ATS to have blind spot monitoring and was pretty bummed when I found out that that option was only available in the $3,000 Driver Assist package.

#8 ·
Does the car auto brake if it thinks it's going to hit something? I get a lot of false alerts on my Premium ats (no driver assist) with the vibrating seat. If you are going around a curve it thinks oncoming cars or parked cars are something I'm going to hit. I've also had false alarms from shadows under expressway bridges. If the car locked up the brakes when that happened I would sell it in a heartbeat.

#9 ·
I'm fairly certain it would use the brakes in those situations if Adaptive Cruise Control were enabled. But otherwise I'm not too sure. I know it would auto-brake at low speeds (I think less than 5 mph) if you were going to hit something when maneuvering in a parking lot or something. I've had those same false alerts while driving 70 mph on the freeway around a curve...scared the hell out of me. It disables cruise control when the forward collision alert goes off so between the flashing red screen on my HUD to the vibrating seat to the drop in speed I nearly had a heart attack. Can't imagine having braking thrown into that mix!

#11 · (Edited)
I suppose we should get back to helping the OP figure out how to tell if an ATS has driver assist or not. Assuming you're seeing pictures of these cars, too, the simplest way to tell if the car has the driver assist package is to look at a photo of the grille. If the Cadillac emblem looks like it's a "sticker" or sits behind acrylic, then it has the driver assist package. If the emblem looks like it's 3D, and you can touch the feel the rigidness of the emblem, then it does not have the driver assist package. This is because the radar for the adaptive cruise system sits behind the emblem.

Another way to tell is to look at the steering wheel. If the cruise control icon has a tiny car on it, then it has the driver assist package. If the icon is just an arrow pointing to a speedometer, then it doesn't have the driver assist package.

Depending on the age of the ATS you're looking at, you can look at the side view mirrors to see if it has blind spot monitoring. On earlier MYs, blind spot monitoring was only available in the driver assist package. As I mentioned earlier, though, they moved that feature to the driver awareness package for the newer model years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.