Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac, If I could change one thing on my 2015 ATS, Rear and side view mirrors

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  emorrisette 
#1 ·
Am I the only one that finds that the 1/8 inch part of the side view and rear view mirror that does not auto dim and issue at night? The chrome around the rear view mirror has to go too. Cars lights behind you go through this non-dimmed area of the auto dimming mirrors causes temporary blindness. Its irritating to the eyes to the point I move the mirrors and no longer use them at night. Yes, its a safety issue, blindness and/or not using the mirrors. The reflection off the chrome trim on the rear view can be intense at times.

I have a very long list of things I do like and even love on the ATS which I am drafting and will post at 10k miles.

The mirrors are the one thing I hope Cadillac will redesign. I am looking for a tasteful solution to replace the mirrors from another car or aftermarket if anyone has some suggestions.

Maybe this is just me but please 'Like' this post if you agree about the mirror issue I experience.

#2 ·
Am I the only one that finds that the 1/8 inch part of the side view and rear view mirror that does not auto dim and issue at night?

The mirrors are the one thing I hope Cadillac will redesign. I am looking for a tasteful solution to replace the mirrors from another car or aftermarket if anyone has some suggestions.
Don't count on Cadillac redesigning them. The entire 2013 rear-view mirror did auto-dim. But focus groups or something led Cadillac to sacrifice that to eliminate a visible frame. So unless they are recruiting a smarter class of people for the focus groups (which kind of defeats the purpose) future Cadillac buyers will still be squinting or replacing the mirror with the 2013 version.

#4 ·
You don't drive at night? I love driving at night in the summer. I'm a night person anyway. While everyone is getting in bed I'm out and about and going to work. I guess this is why during the day with all the cars on the road and not so good drivers out I get road rage. I never do anything but I can get really pist off driving around in the daylight. Some people just shouldn't be driving anymore. When I get to that point when I feel I can't drive I'll bet you I won't. Just sayin.

#6 ·
Yeah seriously - I swapped out my 2013 with a frame to the 2014 frameless! A lot of guys did, and most of us kept our original mirror...

Personally that non-tint gap doesn't bother me because my mirror is set that usually car headlights aren't in that area anyway. I get more issues with the fact that the drivers side mirror dims (same gap, THAT one annoys me) but the passenger side mirror does not dim at all.

#7 ·
Oh wow, i did not realize this issue. I have the 2013 and i was jealous of the 14+'s when i had a loaner. The frameless does look a lot better but now i am kind of happier with what I have now. i don't recall driving the loaner at night to notice this though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.