Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Traded in my 2014 ATS

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hoosier Daddy 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I traded in my 2014 ATS 3.6 luxury for a 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special in Ruby Red Metallic.

I very much enjoyed the ATS and I had no issues or problems and I highly recommend it to those interested!

I had 21000 miles on it and got $27k for the trade-in, which was more than Edmunds, Kelly blue book or the Black Book said it was worth so feel that I did well. The only reason I got rid of it is was I wanted more power than the upgraded exhaust and KPE tune could provide.

I know that I could have gone to the ATS-V but I didn't want to spend $65k and the Mustang gives you a lot of power and all the options I had in the ATS for $42k, . Of course there is nothing better than the sound of a V8 and playing with the 435hp. With a few reasonable mods its pretty easy to get the HP up to 470, add a Roush super charger and your pushing 750 HP with no issues!

Anyway, I've enjoyed this forum and will continue to check in from time to time.

I will be posting my KPE tuner in the for sale section in case anyone is interested, $175 shipping included.

See less See more
#2 ·
I went the opposite direction in power, I traded a 2015 Corvette Z51 in on the ATS 2.0T.

If I kept that car I know I would have done myself harm, when I traded it I had 5400 miles on the Corvette.

I never keep a car very long, I went from one car to another growing up, I tire of cars quickly.

I keep them nice do my own work, I refuse to let anyone else work on them other than things I can't do myself, there isn't much I can't do.

#4 ·
Enjoy the new ride! I am keeping my 2014 ATS but I have a 2016 Corvette Z06 on order that will be delivered at the national Corvette museum later this Spring. The ATS remains because I don't want to use the 650 horsepower Z06 as a daily driver and it will be a garage queen during the winter months.

#6 ·
The Sky was a great design and that is one you should definitely keep. With your upgrades it must now drive as nice as it looks!

The dealer called today and let me know that my order was accepted for production so it is about 2 months away from museum delivery. Once the weather finally warms up it will really be tough to wait for it. In the meantime I have to be satisfied with the photos from the Chevrolet build site :(

Attachments

Reactions: Ragtop 99
#7 ·
I traded in my 2014 ATS 3.6 luxury for a 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special in Ruby Red Metallic.
Congrats and condolences. I ordered a 2016 GT Premium Performance Package (the congrats part) but kept my ATS (the condolences part). Interestingly I will have adaptive cruise in the manual trans Mustang but can't get it in the ATS. Likewise I will have cooled seats which weren't available in the ATS but might be now. Glad I didn't have to choose between the ATS and the Mustang. I will be unloading my 2011 Mustang though. I'm guessing there may be an unusually good market for private sale used Mustangs. The local dealers have rows of them in their back lots that they can't sell because of the air bag recall that they can't get the parts for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.