Are the standard Brembo brakes exclusive to Cadillac?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Utopia
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Are the standard Brembo brakes exclusive to Cadillac? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Or does the competition utilize them too? (BMW, Audi, Mercedes)....
    DonnyATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS

Are the standard Brembo brakes exclusive to Cadillac?

Or does the competition utilize them too? (BMW, Audi, Mercedes).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CaddySales3.6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 performance

Re: Are the standard Brembo brakes exclusive to Cadillac?

They are a segment exclusive for Cadillac.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

lol my cobalt has the 4piston Brembo's to... does that count? :P

Utopia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V Coupe

There standard on the Regal GS.
    tex2670 likes this.

myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

I also remember someone saying they use these on sti's, evo's, etc. Basically, standard multi-vehicle brembo's.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

this is sort of a broad question, if you constrain the segment to c-segment sport sedans (non ultra high performance) then yes it is a segment exclusive, if you include the ultra high performance models (Audi's S & RS, Mercedes AMG, and BMW M) then no, they are not, because some of those c-segment cars have them too....

what sets Cadillac apart is the broad usage of Brembos in ATS, CTS, and XTS Cadillac is probably the market leader in fitting these superb brakes in cars for regular duty every day use.

that said.....just because one car has brembos (which is the market leader in brakes)...and one does not doesn't mean one has better brakes than the other, BMW and Mercedes are both capable of eating just about anybodys lunch on any component they choose to focus their attention on....indeed my 84 BMW 733i had 4 pot front and 2 pot rear top loading (brake pads) brembo style brakes too and a trick dual master cylinder arrangement where one was attached the front left and rear right wheels the the other the opposite, in order to insure you could never have total brake failure since they served as backup to each other...changing the pads on that car was just awesome, it was almost fun, you spent more time jacking the car up than changing the pads.....(remove clip, pull out pad with needle nose plier, push caliper pistons back in, slide in new pads, and snap clip back on, it was literally as fast as it took to write this sentence)

in the performance variants i'm pretty sure (not 100% verified) that BMW and Audi are using Brembo and AMG are either house brakes or another vendor but all are excellent, it's in the non performance variants that Cadillac is differentiating themselves by using Brembo

Esymr2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6M, 1991 MR2 Turbo

There are certain Acura TL's with Brembo's that use the exact same pads that the ATS with Brembo's use.

BeeJayAy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS4 2.0T. auto Mocha Steel Metallic

Cadillac used the cross car brakes (LR-RF & vise-versa) in the late 1980's or early 1990's. Not sure if they were used on all models, but were on Eldos and Sevilles.

cross car brakes is such a simple and cool idea, i'm sure it was killed off by ABS

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

It's not just about the performance of the brakes but once you get used to high(ish) end brakes and you go back and drive something with lower end brakes the way they feel will totally throw you off

SCATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS- 2.0T/Man/Base/RWD/CUE/Blk/Blk
    [QUOTE="pissedoffwookiee"]this is sort of a broad question, if you constrain the segment to c-segment sport sedans (non ultra high performance) then yes it is a segment exclusive, if you include the ultra high performance models (Audi's S & RS, Mercedes AMG, and BMW M) then no, they are not, because some of those c-segment cars have them too....

Your talking V competitors here, not mainstream ATS competition

what sets Cadillac apart is the broad usage of Brembos in ATS, CTS, and XTS Cadillac is probably the market leader in fitting these superb brakes in cars for regular duty every day use.

Yes, this

SCHIDER23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS

Anyone change their rear brake calipers, to 2 pots?, and does anyone know which model would work with an ats?.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Wait for the ATS-V and see what upgrades become available. That's my path.

1420TATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    My'09 e92 M3 & '12 X5M didn't come with Brembo but it stops better than my wife's ATS 😣

Quote Originally Posted by SCATS View Post
    this is sort of a broad question, if you constrain the segment to c-segment sport sedans (non ultra high performance) then yes it is a segment exclusive, if you include the ultra high performance models (Audi's S & RS, Mercedes AMG, and BMW M) then no, they are not, because some of those c-segment cars have them too....

Your talking V competitors here, not mainstream ATS competition

Yes, this
    i think you missed something in my post

if you constrain the segment to c-segment sport sedans (non ultra high performance) then yes it is a segment exclusive
    this is where i'm not talking V competitors

if you include the ultra high performance models (Audi's S & RS, Mercedes AMG, and BMW M) then no, they are not
    this is where i am talking v competitors

Are the standard Brembo brakes exclusive to Cadillac? Or does the competition utilize them too? (BMW, Audi, Mercedes).
    this is a very broad question that i attempted to ascertain the heart of

the blunt answer to the question is no

if we whittle it down from cadillac and just talk the segment ATS is in, the answer is no

if we whittle it further down to the sub segment of non ultra performance cars in the segment, the answer becomes yes

since OPs question was broad i provided 3 answers that fit within the scope of the question in the hopes the answer he sought was in there

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.