Acura TLX
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Acura TLX in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Acura TLX Forum Starting to see some articles popping up on the new Acura TLX ( replacing the TL and ...
    Drwilsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD Premium White Diamond

Acura TLX

Acura TLX Forum

Starting to see some articles popping up on the new Acura TLX ( replacing the TL and TSX). While it is slightly bigger than the ATS, some of the articles are mentioning the ATS as a direct competitor. What you you guys think about this car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jhatfie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS4 Performance 3.6L, 2014 Jeep GC EcoDiesel

Re: Acura TLX

I think it looks decent, if not a bit boring, but better than the previous TL. It is priced well at under $45000 with V6, AWD and tech/advance package which is a lot cheaper than a loaded premium V6 AWD ATS. AWD V6 gas mileage looks pretty good with 21 city and 31 hwy kills the ATS V6 mileage. Seats do not appear to be very well bolstered, which I do not like. They would need to come out with an AWD type S that is more aggressive looking and handling before I would personally consider it.

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance w/Red & Carbon Interior

Don't remember where I read a review but the bottom line was it was just an "ok" car.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

SCATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS- 2.0T/Man/Base/RWD/CUE/Blk/Blk
    TLX= tarted up Accord LX.. No thanks .. And this article has the balls to say it has a brilliant chassis that stands up against a 3series and ATS? Not a chance from a FWD Accord.. Maybe at the parking lot in the mall, but not on back roads or tracks! I love people that truly believe in thier heart of hearts that the Accord qualifies as a sport sedan.. A luxe Acura version that's heavier with nicer wood trim does not a sports luxury sedan make.. Just like LINCOLN.. LUXO barge built on a vegetable lasagna high volume khaki sedan = FAIL

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Quote Originally Posted by SCATS View Post
    TLX= tarted up Accord LX.. No thanks .. And this article has the balls to say it has a brilliant chassis that stands up against a 3series and ATS? Not a chance from a FWD Accord.. Maybe at the parking lot in the mall, but not on back roads or tracks! I love people that truly believe in thier heart of hearts that the Accord qualifies as a sport sedan.. A luxe Acura version that's heavier with nicer wood trim does not a sports luxury sedan make.. Just like LINCOLN.. LUXO barge built on a vegetable lasagna high volume khaki sedan = FAIL
    Acuras have always been based off of the European Accords...which we got as the TSX and a stretched chassis in the TL. The chassis is actually pretty stiff, but it's hurt by being FWD or FWD based AWD.

So is the chassis as good as the 3 or ATS? I dunno maybe, but I can tell you for a fact it's severely crippled by its driveline...the SH-AWD TL is decent though.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I've owned two Acuras in a row and have logged over 500K miles on them. They are very well built cars, however I personally don't like the direction they have taken their styling. The last TL had that horrible front beak that they later softened. Plus, since moving from the midwest to Florida, I no longer want front wheel drive or all wheel drive cars so I'm planning to move away from the brand for my next business car.

DaddysCaddy13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I too had an TL (2008) and can honestly it was better built then my 2012 CTS ?? But sadly Acura is losing out to Lexus and Infinity because of miss management ....SMH

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

tex2670 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): IS250AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Acuras have always been based off of the European Accords...which we got as the TSX and a stretched chassis in the TL. The chassis is actually pretty stiff, but it's hurt by being FWD or FWD based AWD.

So is the chassis as good as the 3 or ATS? I dunno maybe, but I can tell you for a fact it's severely crippled by its driveline...the SH-AWD TL is decent though.
    You mean the TSX has always been based off of the European Accord. Not the entire Acura line.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    I've owned two Acuras in a row and have logged over 500K miles on them. They are very well built cars, however I personally don't like the direction they have taken their styling. The last TL had that horrible front beak that they later softened. Plus, since moving from the midwest to Florida, I no longer want front wheel drive or all wheel drive cars so I'm planning to move away from the brand for my next business car.
    Personally, it seems to me that Acura is settling in on putting out conservative (boring?) models which appeal to the masses, which are still bulletproof, and have moved away from trying to produce the "sportier" near-luxury alternative. It's too bad, really. If you think about the original NSX--if Acura could produce a real flagship luxury model or performance model, rather than just some "safe" choice for people to cruise around in, they could put out an amazing car.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

didnt they try to compare the ILX to the ATS a year or so ago?

Drwilsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD Premium White Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    didnt they try to compare the ILX to the ATS a year or so ago?
    Maybe somebody did, but I usually see the ILX being compared to the Buick Verano.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwilsc View Post

Maybe somebody did, but I usually see the ILX being compared to the Buick Verano.
    I think this was what I remember. But it's more of a dealer thing.
    2013 Cadillac ATS Vs. Acura ILX - Coral Springs, …: http://youtu.be/AUEit7lepig

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 ATS4 (BD 8/12)

Not for me. It doesn't look right. Body lines are really boring to me. Maybe the car sits to high for me.A drop kit and some wheels might set it off. Also looks heavy.

bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

I came from a TSX. It was a really good car for me for 9 years. Very reliable, the engine loved to rev, the manual transmission was a gem, and the 05 models had decent styling. On the other hand, it had a 40-foot turn radius, the mileage wasn't great for the modest power, the suspension beat you up, and it plowed big time when you cornered fast. I suspect the TLX will have a similarly bad turning radius, and it still has a bad forward weight bias, so the handling is probably still compromised. In addition, it is really, really boring to my eyes, except for the front with its ugly beak and silly jewel headlights. The interior seems nice, if a little too generic Honda. All in all, it is a decent value and would probably be a good car for most people, just not the real driving enthusiasts.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5
    I'm right there with you. The truth is most people drive their cars to the extremes where it really matters whether the car is FWD or RWD. This is especially true if torque steer is controlled.

I was a big Acura fan and customer for 20 years.

I left the brand 2 years ago mainly because of the styling direction they have taken.

----------

SH-AWD is pretty sweet too. I had it in my '06 RL and it really made the car feel smaller than it was.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.