Performance differences between ATS Standard AWD and Luxury 2.0T
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bozack
  • 2 Post By Hoosier Daddy
  • 2 Post By rustybear3
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Performance differences between ATS Standard AWD and Luxury 2.0T in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey all, so originally I was in the market for a Ford Focus ST, my wife just got a SRX4 ...
    bozack is online now Cadillac Owners Member

Performance differences between ATS Standard AWD and Luxury 2.0T

Hey all, so originally I was in the market for a Ford Focus ST, my wife just got a SRX4 Luxury and I wanted something more fun than my beige beigemobile in the Accord V6 EXL however I determined I am too fat and my commute sucks too much for a Focus and its recaro bucket seats, plus the jump on my insurance for a Focus seems crazy (nearly a grand more a year)

The dealership near me has a really good deal on a ATS standard with CUE and I think NAV, I know it only has the lowly halogens and pleather interior but wondering if there were any performance considerations to take into account?

Thanks
    Don Baggett likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tex2670 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): IS250AWD

Re: Performance differences between ATS Standard AWD and Luxury 2.0T

Detailed spec comparison at Cadillac.com:

http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-s...equipment.html

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by bozack View Post
    Hey all, so originally I was in the market for a Ford Focus ST, my wife just got a SRX4 Luxury and I wanted something more fun than my beige beigemobile in the Accord V6 EXL however I determined I am too fat and my commute sucks too much for a Focus and its recaro bucket seats, plus the jump on my insurance for a Focus seems crazy (nearly a grand more a year)

The dealership near me has a really good deal on a ATS standard with CUE and I think NAV, I know it only has the lowly halogens and pleather interior but wondering if there were any performance considerations to take into account?

Thanks
    FYI If its a base it does NOT have NAV.

Performance considerations:

If its a base, Brembos are optional.
    If its not a Premium, LSD and bigger diff is only on manual trans.
    AWD adds weight and eats HP.
    ben.gators and Cuest like this.

Hey thanks all,

So being in NE I am a fan of the AWD, especially when the only other alternative is RWD and this will be my only vehicle.

Also you guys are right, no NAV but it does have a 10 speaker Blose setup. Right now the car is just under $35K and here are the specs...

PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP includes standard equipment (1SD)
    SEATS, FRONT BUCKET (STD) (AQ9)
    SUNROOF, POWER (CF5)
    RED OBSESSION TINTCOAT (G7E)
    JET BLACK W/JET BLACK ACCENTS, LEATHERETTE SEATING SURFACES with oil-rubbed Bronze appearance trim. (H2G)
    CUE INFORMATION AND MEDIA CONTROL SYSTEM AM/FM stereo with 8" color information display, three USB ports, SD card slot, auxiliary input jack and Natural Voice Recognition (Included and only available when (Y24) CUE and Surround Sound is ordered.) (IO5)
    SEATS, HEATED DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER (KA1)
    ENGINE, 2.0L TURBO, I4, DI, DOHC, VVT (272 hp [203 kW] @ 5500 rpm, 260 lb-ft of torque [353 N-m] @ 1700-5500 rpm) (STD) (LTG)
    TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC (STD) (MYA)
    EMISSIONS Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington state requirements (NE1)
    WHEELS, 17" X 8" (43.2 CM X 20.3 CM) PREMIUM PAINTED ALUMINUM (STD) (Upgradeable to (Q5U) 17" x 8" polished aluminum wheels.) (R1U)
    TIRES, P225/45R17 ALL-SEASON, RUN-FLAT (STD) (RA6)
    AUDIO SYSTEM FEATURE, CD PLAYER, SINGLE DISC (Included and only available when (Y24) CUE and Surround Sound is ordered.) (TG5)
    AUDIO SYSTEM, SIRIUSXM AND HD RADIO (U2M)
    AUDIO SYSTEM FEATURE, BOSE SURROUND SOUND 10-SPEAKER SYSTEM (Included and only available when (Y24) CUE and Surround Sound is ordered.) (UQS)
    REAR VISION CAMERA (Included and only available when (Y24) CUE and Surround Sound is ordered.) (UVC)
    LICENSE PLATE BRACKET, FRONT (Included for required states at no charge.) (VK3)
    CADILLAC USER EXPERIENCE (CUE) AND SURROUND SOUND includes (TG5) single disc CD player, (U2M) SiriusXM and HD radio, (IO5) CUE Information and Media Control System and (UQS) Bose premium surround sound 10- speaker system (Includes (UVC) rearview backup camera. (IO5) CUE Information and Media Control System replaces (IO3) Audio system when (Y24) is ordered.) (Y24)

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    AWD adds weight and eats HP.
    AWD does add some weight, but eats HP? Overall BHP engine horsepower is exactly the same between AWD and RWD. It is the way it is delivered to the ground that differs and causes slight power losses. WHP is also affected by size of tires, transmissions, etc. Only an engine dyno can provide accurate differences if any; completely subjective otherwise. I would love to see this test applied to the ATS just for fun. But that's a whole 'nother topic...lol.

To the poster: Just be aware that what you are describing car wise, is pretty basic. I'd check out a few other models and make sure you can settle for "lesser" options.
    vwvr6tom and Speedhunter like this.

Thanks Rusty, yeah I know, not much on it, but it is a commuter car, the SRX we got is a luxury model which didn't have a ton of stuff either but still way more than the Hyundai Sonata lease we came out of, and so long as this car has integrated Bluetooth and satellite radio I will be happy, I never use NAV and don't need the park assist stuff. Care more about the performance and the looks as I am so tired of my Beige Beigemobile of a Honda but don't want to spend a ton of cash.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Is this a 2014 with no miles?

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

The focus is more to insure than the ats? The insurance on my ats premium is completely ridiculous.

2014 no miles and no idea on insurance for the ATS yet, just know the Focus ST seemed ridiculous as it is a Focus and nearly a grand more than what I pay now per year for a Focus.

Chadillac76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

I was considering a Focus ST also. ATS performance, to me, is better. 2.0T = More horsepower, better brakes, better suspension, better interior and no torque steer. Rear wheel drive ATS. I got a base 2.0T with brembos. Actually love the leatherette interior. Feels soft like leather but more durable and easy to clean.

Hey you guys were right, the base is too basic, one thing I absolutely must have is the homelink stuff and it doesn't have it. Looking at either a used 2013 or 2014 now, they have a lux 2014 with 9k on it for 33 or a performance 2013 with 14K on the odo for 33...

listrats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

Just lease a 14 instead of a used 13. Monthly payments will be lower with the lease and a new car. You will be able to steal a performance trim 2014 with the 15s on their way.

Neuroleptic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo manual

I would go for the performance. You get better wheels and the LEDs. Those alone are worth the extra price. I have a standard and regret not having those features.

Quote Originally Posted by listrats View Post
    Just lease a 14 instead of a used 13. Monthly payments will be lower with the lease and a new car. You will be able to steal a performance trim 2014 with the 15s on their way.
    I won't do a lease on a commuter car, don't want to deal with any damage that might come up and the hassle of it. Right now I am looking at a 14 with 9K on the odo in the luxury series, don't care about wheels and LEDs. Thanks

Speedhunter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    AWD does add some weight, but eats HP? Overall BHP engine horsepower is exactly the same between AWD and RWD. It is the way it is delivered to the ground that differs and causes slight power losses. WHP is also affected by size of tires, transmissions, etc. Only an engine dyno can provide accurate differences if any; completely subjective otherwise. I would love to see this test applied to the ATS just for fun. But that's a whole 'nother topic...lol.
    Well said and I believe someone on the forum had their stock AWD ATS on a dyno and IRC the numbers were approximately 240WHP and like 260WTQ. Therefore for a stock 2.0T ATS would probably be under 220WHP by all means.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.