Cadillac Owners Forum banner

rear door lock issues

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  torkibe 
#1 ·
Hello.
Does anyone have any issues with the door locks not unlocking from the outside of the car? I would say 75% of the time when I park and get out of the car then try to open the driver side rear door it won't open or unlock. I have to use the keypad and push the unlock multiple times for it to work, however it will open when you pull handle from the inside. The firat few times this happenedmy 4 yr old son was freaking out when the door would not unlock. I imagine this would be a huge safety issue in the case of an emergency and the rear door would not open from the outside. Anyone notice latch issues on their ats?

#5 ·
Hi tahawk69,

I can understand your frustration with this lock issue that you are describing. I noticed you were heading to the dealership tomorrow, did you plan on bringing this up then, or were you trying to gather some additional information first? Please PM me if I can be of any assistance or if you are able to resolve this concern with the dealership.

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

#6 ·
Austin J,
Thanks for offering assistance. I have an appointment with don gooley in st clair shores today to address a few issues. Hopefully everything will be fixed and will also have them check on the shift cable recall while I'm there. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.