Why I traded in my ATS - an open letter to Cadillac - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Why I traded in my ATS - an open letter to Cadillac in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; well what ever someone got a great deal on a used caddy. this is to be expected anymore they rushed ...
    smurfkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t luxury

Re: Why I traded in my ATS - an open letter to Cadillac

well what ever someone got a great deal on a used caddy. this is to be expected anymore they rushed to market with the ATS i knew it woul dhave a bunch of small probs for the first year and half or so of production that is why i am just now looking to buy one. key rule of thumb of rbuying new cars never buy the first model year of a car. this is why ill never buy a 2014 vette ill be buying at least a '15 in a few years.

kimobu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium

I had about 26k miles on it.

It is too bad my service rep didn't seem to know about the foam issue.

ep_83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

I respect your decision OP. I myself love my car and will propably end up leasing another one. Question: Why didn't you get a 328xi since it was on your original short list?

kimobu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium

Didn't like the dealer and wanted to buy american. I felt the best way to give Caddy props for developing a small car was with my wallet. And it is a great car. I'm just very picky about technology.

steptoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD DI

You're right. You are picky. The ATS is a great car inside and out. The most interesting thing happened this weekend. I finally had a chance to drive my ATS 2L a long distance of highway driving. I filled it up until it spilled over...about 19 gallons. My wife was with me and we both used the cruise most of the way and had a light tailwind. It was sunny and 75. I got 560 miles out of that tank. Couldn't believe it! Guess the ratings are based on perfect conditions. On the return trip I got about 23 miles to the gallon, we ran the air periodically. The nav worked great but it put me on every tollway it could, so next trip I will program tollways off. It was one of my most enjoyable trips ever. We turned a lot of heads. I still remember a young girl hypnotized by my LED'S as she crossed the street and pointed them out to her dad.

redsoxski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance ATS 3.6 white diamond tricoat
    Drove my car from ATL to JAX, Fl round trip in 3 days.... What a great road trip with my ATS. Avg 27.3 mpg and Cue worked flawless. Saw many clients and used OnStar in all cases for directions, which I used while driving. Bose sound system with my CD's had me singing out loud. The ride was so smooth with my 3.6 Performance and I can not, can not wait, for the ATS V. This car is the most fun I have ever owned and hats off to the Caddy Engineers... Great job. No complaints here~ happy motoring.

AudiA4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by kimobu View Post
    I want to preface this by saying that this is my opinion.
    I realize I'm probably in the minority in caring more about CUE than the car itself, but I'm a young technology professional, and value that significantly. Cadillac over promised and under delivered.
    TL;DR: Internet nobody dislikes CUE
    Let me get this straight, you were dissatisfied with the technology in the car, and you bought a Volvo C70?!! SERIOUSLY!!!! We just bought a Volvo XC60 T6 R Design, and I bought it IN SPITE OF it's TERRIBLE technology [and no, you can't update Sensus to Car Play]. So, I'm not following you.

erossonero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance

Guys, he said he bought the car knowing GM promised upgrades, etc. Which clearly GM did not deliver. Whereas he knows what he is getting with the C70, and he is looking to install an aftermarket CarPlay device on it.

From what I have seen, CarPlay is way superior to our CUE.

I love my ATS, but being another tech guy, I also love my technology. CUE barely works with my Note 3, and I have many problems that OP (and others) have with their CUE, but I look past all of that, because I like my 272hp, my led drl, my morello interior, bose system, etc

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by kimobu View Post
    Didn't like the dealer and wanted to buy american. I felt the best way to give Caddy props for developing a small car was with my wallet. And it is a great car. I'm just very picky about technology.
    Japanese cars are almost better with technology

that being said...how much of a loss was it on that ATS?...YIKES!!...they are not exactly high resale value retentions queens

The 328i BMW would have fared far better in value retention

Warren

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.