Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Zaino

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Ancient Mariner 
#1 ·
Just used Zaino on my ATS. Looks really good. Like it much better than the Ice I was using.

#2 ·
Been using Zaino for the last 12 years. Absolutely one of the best in terms of durability and gloss. But I needed to try something else, so I just did (after claying) my Z4 with Blackfire Wet Diamond and Clear Crystal. Although interpretation of the results are subjective, I'd say that Blackfire's application-by hand-was easier than that for Zaino. Furthermore, the car's finish does look somewhat better (perhaps more reflective) than that for Zaino. As for durability and protection (against bird sh*t and such), only time will tell. But as the ca's exterior is well maintained and garaged, I figure that I should get at least 6 months before I have to redo anything.

I plan to do my ATS (originally done with Zaino) in the fall when the weather cools up a bit. Don't really know if I'll see a difference as my car is one of those colors (Glacier Blue) makes it hard to see differences on.

#10 ·
Another long time Zaino user who just switched to Blackfire Wet Diamond last year - in a nutshell my impression is that Zaino gives a glossier shiny effect, while the Wet Diamond results in a deeper, darker wet-look finish. I just splurged and went with the BlackFire BlackIce montant wax and will apply that after completing a mild paint correction with a DA polisher this coming weekend.

#5 ·
Out of curiosity, Tadpole, any real evidence to prove that DG is a relabeled Zaino I've got no problem that being the case, just curious. BTW, most of these sealant/protectorant products are pretty good; which ones to use is highly subjective. But I do believe that Zaino is one of the most durable...at least fro some "tests" that were done a while ago. Most likely, over the year, many of the similar products have caught up to Zaino and may ahve even surpassed them.

#7 ·
I started using Zaino in 1996 at that time there was talk that DG and Zaino was the same. One of my fav products to this day is Zaino/DG car soap. The talk of them being the same made me buy some DG car soap. It was very close in color, smell, and feel. I ordered Zaino again and they had changed the color to blue and the scent had changed. My guess is that being the same color and smell was too close so they changed color and scent.
Over time Zaino would add a few new products at about the same time as DG.
Take a look at both product lines. Both use numbers, call there wax polish, have pre bonding agents, towels look the same, some of the bottle are the same and odd amounts 8oz bottles, it goes on and on.
I can't say 100% they are all the same but it is so close Zaino does not warrant cost difference $9 for 16oz of car wash or $30 for 128oz of DG.
IMO DG/Zaino are both very good today and can do as well as many of the new products and better than some.
Give it a try you will like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.