Any Buyers Remorse Based on the Size or Quality of the ATS? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Any Buyers Remorse Based on the Size or Quality of the ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by danniboi I'm getting service done, just brought the car in today but as soon as I get ...
    MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Any Buyers Remorse Based on the Size or Quality of the ATS?

Quote Originally Posted by danniboi View Post
    I'm getting service done, just brought the car in today but as soon as I get it back to the course and I have two bags in there I'll snag a pic for ya no doubt. I will have to admit that the bags I was referring to were not "cart" bags, they were regular golf bags. I could see an issue trying to squeeze two cart bags in the trunk, with or without an additional sub box.

Either way, I dont mind sharing and you'll get to see how this box fits in my trunk. It was originally built for a 3 series Mercedes but slid into my trunk like a glove. The installer didn't believe me that the box wasn't built for an ATS Guess it's a win for me.

Cheers

----------

I can get two golf bags in there with a subwoofer box in the trunk.. however as I previously failed to mention, these are not "cart" bags, they're regular golf bags.
    Great! Thanks! Looking forward to the pics.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

This is my first Cadillac and despite some problems (the most major being bad pistons at 12k miles), I have little complaints.

Fit 'n finish are top notch, quite a step up from my previous cars. The premium stereo is even acceptable if I had to live with it for the life of the car.

Performance is a step down from previous cars but overall it seems like the ATS has the correct power/weight ratio for its class and feels "zippy" enough around town.

Cabin room is a tad on the small side but I've adjusted. I rarely have more than 1 passenger so the rear seat space isn't a factor. Trunk room is small. It's fine for hauling groceries but isn't enough for trying to transport large items (e.g. old parts like wheels, tires). Even some boxes I thought would fit couldn't clear the rear deck and had to be placed on the back seat.
    vwvr6tom likes this.

josefelipe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Some remorse yes. I have a 2013 2.0T and at around 10,000 miles the tinted plastic shield that covers the gauges began to squeak, in addition to a rattle coming from the front passenger door. Oh and the power steering has gone out a few times when starting the engine, although, turning it off then on again has always fixed it. Also as you will see from other threads, the engines tends to idle roughly. This however has diminished over time but not completely. Having said all this, the car is a joy to drive, great fun. And of course it looks awesome.
    vwvr6tom likes this.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

No Remorse here but they definitely need to improve assembly quality and Q.C. because I am still seeing some stuff on 14 models that should not be.

Quote Originally Posted by josefelipe View Post
    Some remorse yes. I have a 2013 2.0T and at around 10,000 miles the tinted plastic shield that covers the gauges began to squeak, in addition to a rattle coming from the front passenger door. Oh and the power steering has gone out a few times when starting the engine, although, turning it off then on again has always fixed it. Also as you will see from other threads, the engines tends to idle roughly. This however has diminished over time but not completely. Having said all this, the car is a joy to drive, great fun. And of course it looks awesome.

Interestingly, after starting this thread earlier today, I was out this afternoon running errands and I saw three ATSs on the road. The numbers are definitely increasing. However two of the three were the base model recognized by the single exhaust. The third one I saw was a Raven black Premium and the stance and look of the car was completely different. The larger wheels, dual exhaust and LED strips really make the car look better!
    vwvr6tom likes this.

bluecrayon is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Sometimes a bit of remorse. Usually it's just me and maybe once a week my 2 kids, 1 in car seat and 1 in booster, which is a little tight. Tonight for the first time in a year, I had 4 in the car, I'm average sized and 2 average sized wives in the back, which is fine but adding my 6'3" 250 lb brother in the front made for another story! Definitely noticed a significant drop in performance with an extra 550 lbs in the car too.

bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

The trunk is fine for me. It's not an ideal road trip car for a family, but I have something else for that. The back seat is sufficient for our child and the rare times I drive to lunch, but my wife and I are both short.

So far the quality seems solid. I have one piece of weather stripping that is just a little misaligned, and the fuel door lock doesn't always release the first time. I'll get these issues fixed with my first oil change. The mileage is really my only major gripe with the car. I don't regret getting this over the 3 series, the car I had origianlly intended to buy before testing driving the ATS and falling in love the looks, handling, and breaks.

don.davis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

These have a back seat and trunk?

No remorse on mine at all, a 2013 ATS4 Performance 2.0T automatic, from the "last on the lot" list. Trunk size is fine for me, I don't golf and have a pickup to haul big junk around in. I rarely have anyone else in the car, so the rear seat is really just someone where to toss stuff if I don't want it up front. No issues with build quality, I haven't had a single complaint about squeaks, loose stuff, rough idle. At about 3k miles, it still seems solid as a rock, is fun to drive, looks fantastic (Cobalt blue I think they call the color, with polished 18" rims), and has nearly all the bells and whistles I can think of. Would prefer that CUE behave a little differently sometimes, but overall, no issues there either.

If really, really pushed, I would wish that it had more power and got better mileage. Lexus seems to eke more MPG out of their sports sedans, for example.

Don

CADILLACATS2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

No remorse, 2013 3.6L and car is awesome

Felton10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 luxury

Somewhat of a mixed bag on the answer to this one. Comparing it to my previously owned 2008 CTS. Love the way it handles and the size.
    The base engine in the ATS vs the base engine 6 the CTS-way way worse-I don't care if it is a modified Malibu engine-200 hp should be enough for a car of that size and weight. From the vibrations at idle to the shaking when you you are in a certain gear-not a goo dor smooth engine- certainly not the quality you would expect form Cadillac. Also other little creature comforts they could have added at minimal cost-rain sensing windsheld wipers specifically.

Jerzeyboy730 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    No remorse, and it will be a more memorable car in my obsession.....I just really regret not getting LSD (limited-slip differential)

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    The current GM recalls also have me a little concerned as well as the overall health of GM in comparison to other luxury brands.
    Why do you feel that way? Did all the Toyota recalls make you feel the same way about Lexus?
    vwvr6tom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by USe-car View Post
    Why do you feel that way? Did all the Toyota recalls make you feel the same way about Lexus?
    No because I've never owned a Toyota/Lexus and I'm not considering purchasing one. It wasn't until the CTS redesign a few years ago, that I've (re)considered a GM sedan due to my back-to-back, bad purchases (lemon-law experience) I had with Chevrolet and Pontiac back in the early 90s. The Cadillac CTS and now the Cadillac ATS are the first GM sedan models I've considered since that experience as I switched to the Acura brand in 1994. I now want to purchase a RWD, athletic performance sedan and I like the bold Cadillac styling. However due to my past personal experiences with GM sedans, I'm still a little gun shy so that's why I started this thread.

Toyota/Lexus also did not declare bankruptcy and require a federal bail out to survive. I've negotiated service contracts with firms who went through Chapter 11 reoganization and their number one objective was too further reduce costs and unfortunately, in some cases, quality suffered as a result. That's why I consider a recall from GM different than a recall from other financially healthy auto manufacturers. I read earlier this week that this recent round of recalls will basically wipe out their 1Q profits.

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    No because I've never owned a Toyota/Lexus and I'm not considering purchasing one. It wasn't until the CTS redesign a few years ago, that I've (re)considered a GM sedan due to my back-to-back, bad purchases (lemon-law experience) I had with Chevrolet and Pontiac back in the early 90s. The Cadillac CTS and now the Cadillac ATS are the first GM sedan models I've considered since that experience as I switched to the Acura brand in 1994. I now want to purchase a RWD, athletic performance sedan and I like the bold Cadillac styling. However due to my past personal experiences with GM sedans, I'm still a little gun shy so that's why I started this thread.

Toyota/Lexus also did not declare bankruptcy and require a federal bail out to survive. I've negotiated service contracts with firms who went through Chapter 11 reoganization and their number one objective was too further reduce costs and unfortunately, in some cases, quality suffered as a result. That's why I consider a recall from GM different than a recall from other financially healthy auto manufacturers. I read earlier this week that this recent round of recalls will basically wipe out their 1Q profits.

I'm just trying to point out that people are always comparing Asian vehicles of today against American cars from the 1990's and it's not a fair comparison.
    vwvr6tom likes this.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

No remorse. My ATS is the best driving car I have ever owned. It's not perfect but no car is. If I were to buy a different car, It would be a new CTS V-Sport but at $20,000 more expensive, I'm happy with my ATS. We bought an SRX to haul stuff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.