Rattling and Squeaking
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Rattling and Squeaking in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Anyone else hear something rattling coming from the front passenger side door? It's very annoying considering it started at less ...
    josefelipe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rattling and Squeaking

Anyone else hear something rattling coming from the front passenger side door? It's very annoying considering it started at less than a year of use. I also hear squeaking from the gauges.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Unless you want to start taking the car apart yourself, I'd suggest having it looked at and repaired at the dealer. I'm assuming its still under warranty.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Rattling and Squeaking

i had the same issue. dealer couldnt find it and they will prolly create more rattles. but i found it. and fixed it. check under the passenger seat front. theres a plastic guard. joggle that guard. if u hear the rattling, u know u found it. pull out the guard and adjust or clamp the grip points a bit so it sits tighter. mine would constantly make a rattling sound. so i put some tape over the metal parts to ease up the friction and prevent the squeeking. hope that helps.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by josefelipe View Post
    Anyone else hear something rattling coming from the front passenger side door? It's very annoying considering it started at less than a year of use. I also hear squeaking from the gauges.
    Hi josefelipe,

I am sorry that you are dealing with rattling and squeaking noises in your vehicle. It seems like you are reaching out to fellow forum members for some feedback, but if you decide you would like to take your vehicle in to a dealership, I would be happy to help. If you are interested, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information so I can get the ball rolling.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hot Rod Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Manual STD

I have the same thing. Sounds like it is coming from the dash on the passenger side but it might be the guard under the seat as well. I'll go look now as I have an appointment at the dealer Wed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod Joe View Post
    I have the same thing. Sounds like it is coming from the dash on the passenger side but it might be the guard under the seat as well. I'll go look now as I have an appointment at the dealer Wed.
    Hi Hot Rod Joe,

I apologize that your ATS is currently making a rattling noise. I see you already have an appointment with a dealership, but I would like to offer my assistance. Should you feel you need any additional help in working with the dealership, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss your concerns further. Please keep the forum posted on how your dealership experience goes.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

I heard some rattling from that direction the other day. Usually I just turn up the stereo and it goes away. :-)

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Driver side door panel seems to be a common problem. I tend to put my arm up on it and then it squeaks. No problems if I keep my arm off of it.

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Blue crayon-the door panel squeaking on the front driver and passenger doors is a known problem. At least on my 2013 ATS. There is a technical service bulletin on it but I don't know the number. There are clamps that retain the door panel to the door. The clamps are metal. Pressing on the panel induces the squeaking. Cadillac now has Teflon coated clamps/retainers. Once applied, all door squeaks are gone!

jnak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I have also noticed a rattle from the passenger door area, but it turned out to be the seat belt buckle rattling against the door. Moved the seat belt and the rattle went away. For some reason, my passenger seat belt always ends up in the same spot where it rattles against the door.

Vernon Cooke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Passenger seatbelt rattle can also be remedied by buckling the seatbelt (i.e. invisible passenger).

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    Driver side door panel seems to be a common problem. I tend to put my arm up on it and then it squeaks. No problems if I keep my arm off of it.
    I've noticed that too if I lean on the door in a hard turn.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jnak View Post
    I have also noticed a rattle from the passenger door area, but it turned out to be the seat belt buckle rattling against the door. Moved the seat belt and the rattle went away. For some reason, my passenger seat belt always ends up in the same spot where it rattles against the door.
    Same issue here. I may resort to buckling it. Every time I have something on the passenger seat, I get random seat belt chimes so that would solve both issues.

btforem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ats

maybe someone dropped a bolt inside the door on after a long weekend

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.