Advice/Questions: Rims, grill, both?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Advice/Questions: Rims, grill, both? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hello -- new poster here and new owner of ATS AWD 2.0 T black raven color with upgraded 800.00 dealer ...
    helloharv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS AWD 2.0 T

Advice/Questions: Rims, grill, both?

Hello -- new poster here and new owner of ATS AWD 2.0 T black raven color with upgraded 800.00 dealer rims

My questions

I am thinking of getting these rims :http://www.carid.com/konig-wheels/la...ed-465508.html

it says 17x 7 or 17x 8 --- How would I know which ones to order ?

what is the market for selling my current rims ?

Advice wanted :

I really like the chrome grille look and thinking of buying one BUT I also like black rims. Should I do one or the other or would both still look ok?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Re: Advice/Questions

Do you have a Standard model and the upgraded 17" polished wheels, or a Performance and the upgraded 18" wheels. (both are an $800 upgrade)
    The 17" rims are 17X8. If you have the front Brembo brakes you will have to make sure the wheels will fit over the brakes as well.
    Just personal preference, but I like the chrome grill if you keep high polished wheels on the car. With a machined face on the wheels you picked I think it would still look ok. (especially if you are leaving the door handles and window trim chrome as well. If you have the 17" high polished rims you can definitely sell them. They don't have a ton of value though. I sold mine for $350 and the buyer paid shipping. Listed them locally and had no luck. You may fair better though. I would say $500 would be top dollar on a set.

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    Do you have a Standard model and the upgraded 17" polished wheels, or a Performance and the upgraded 18" wheels. (both are an $800 upgrade)
    standard model with the upgraded 17 inch polished wheels

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

I edited my prior post with more info for you.

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    I edited my prior post with more info for you.
    thank you very much

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Nice looking rims. Are you wanting to reuse the tires? If I were investing in rims, I'd go up to 18" or maybe 19" and a high performance non-runflat summer tire. Maybe keep your 17" for winter if needed. 18" non-runflat performance tire will out handle and be more comfortable than the stock tires.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Re: Advice/Questions: Rims, grill, both?

What's funny. I just ordered rims that have almost the same pattern as those. The lip is polished and a lot smaller. They clear my brembos. They came Saturday and test fitted. Don't know if those will clear. I'll have them on this week. I'll try and post a pic or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    Hello -- new poster here and new owner of ATS AWD 2.0 T black raven color with upgraded 800.00 dealer rims

My questions

I am thinking of getting these rims :http://www.carid.com/konig-wheels/la...ed-465508.html

it says 17x 7 or 17x 8 --- How would I know which ones to order ?

what is the market for selling my current rims ?

Advice wanted :

I really like the chrome grille look and thinking of buying one BUT I also like black rims. Should I do one or the other or would both still look ok?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.