Window trim, door handles, and grill painted..... finally. - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Window trim, door handles, and grill painted..... finally. in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; That front license plate is killing the whole look. In my state you have to have a front license plate ...
    AIRASSAULT18B is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, ATS 3.6 PREMIUM THUNDER GREY

Re: Window trim, door handles, and grill painted..... finally.

That front license plate is killing the whole look. In my state you have to have a front license plate but if you keep it in your car then put it on your dash if you get pulled over its fine. The dealer here never installed the front holder but stated if my wife wanted it installed they just drill/drive screws into the bumper. My wife asked me & I told me if it was my car I would not do it but, its hers so she can do what ever she wants. So she did not have them F-up her car.

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by AIRASSAULT18B View Post
    That front license plate is killing the whole look. In my state you have to have a front license plate but if you keep it in your car then put it on your dash if you get pulled over its fine. The dealer here never installed the front holder but stated if my wife wanted it installed they just drill/drive screws into the bumper. My wife asked me & I told me if it was my car I would not do it but, its hers so she can do what ever she wants. So she did not have them F-up her car.
    yes the plate sucks. Nothing I can do about it and as far as killing the look, it still looks better to me than the chrome trim everywhere especially with gunmetal wheels.

Jerzeyboy730 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenter
    yes the plate sucks. Nothing I can do about it and as far as killing the look, it still looks better to me than the chrome trim everywhere especially with gunmetal wheels.
    You're car looks great...yeah front plates suck, don't agree it's "killing your car", some states have laws that suck, and your state is one. So I'll have to disagree with last post, and say even with a tag on the front, your car still looks great.

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by nyinstaller View Post
    liking the grille only problem is he painted over the chrome. just wondering how long it will last.
    Well, to answer your question about 3 weeks. Despite all the prep work, it didn't stick. This week, we took everything apart and had it vinyl wrapped from a local shop for $300. He used a premium 3M vinyl and gave me a 5 year guarantee against any issues with the vinyl or workmanship. When I say we took everything apart we took EVERY piece off the car so it could be properly wrapped. That included the window trim pieces which we had to drill out the 6 rivets that hold each one in place and then re-rivet them once they were wrapped. Came out great and looks just like the paint did.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.