Most interesting MPG
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Most interesting MPG in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; 5500 miles and a year old. I usually run 93 O out of BJ's ever changing gas; however, I recently ...
    flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Most interesting MPG

5500 miles and a year old. I usually run 93 O out of BJ's ever changing gas; however, I recently ran the tank down to about nil and dumped in Chevron's Tectron and filled the tank with Shell 93 O. When the tank ran low, I then went back to BJ's 93 O. Fooled around with driving between D and SM on mostly local urban road and noted the car was getting around 22-23 mph...about the same before the Tectron treatment. Also, prior to the treatment, when running 70-80 on US 95, the car got around 28-29 mpg. However, the other day, I ran on 95 at the usual 70-80 while in SM and got a solid 32 mpg. This is the first time in a year of ownership that I've seen a true 32 mpg; and was I ever impressed....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

johneed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Most interesting MPG

I wonder how much the warming temperatures had to do with that? Here in MN, it is unbelievable how much MPG drops in the winter

tahawk69 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Just about every vehicle's mpg is affected and lowered with colder temps. As it warms up mpg should improve.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    Just about every vehicle's mpg is affected and lowered with colder temps. As it warms up mpg should improve.
    I noticed that too..was wondering why I lost 3-4 mpg during this last cold winter in Toronto...now I know..I'm back to 30 MPG if I do straight highway cruise control in warm weather...otherwise its like 26 MPG so weird but guess that explains it.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Where does one even find 95 octane?

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C View Post
    Where does one even find 95 octane?
    I'm thinking that the 95 refers to I-95 that runs from Maine to Florida.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
    I'm thinking that the 95 refers to I-95 that runs from Maine to Florida.
    Haha! Had to re-read the original post. Thanks for the clarification.

steptoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD DI

This is a bunch of crap. I own a premium 2L AWD and will drive to Toronto and let you drive my car while I drive yours and see for myself if this 30mpg is even close to your claim. Did you know that 30 mpg would take you from Young St to Stornaway Que. (NOT) That would not happen in one million tries. I'm done with this site and all it's misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2021 View Post
    I noticed that too..was wondering why I lost 3-4 mpg during this last cold winter in Toronto...now I know..I'm back to 30 MPG if I do straight highway cruise control in warm weather...otherwise its like 26 MPG so weird but guess that explains it.

tahawk69 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

I drive almost all freeway and my avg mpg is 23. Instant mpg sometimes shows 30ish, but has also shown 99 when going downhill. Lol take it for what it's worth.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    This is a bunch of crap. I own a premium 2L AWD and will drive to Toronto and let you drive my car while I drive yours and see for myself if this 30mpg is even close to your claim. Did you know that 30 mpg would take you from Young St to Stornaway Que. (NOT) That would not happen in one million tries. I'm done with this site and all it's misinformation.
    wow so angry. i was on highway for 10 mins or so after fillup and got down to 8l/100km so dunno if computer is lying or what..

steptoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD DI

A bit of a reprieve , my last fill up was a bit weird I had an eighth of a tank and still got 64 liters in the tank. I guess it has something to do with the gas or my gas station is ripping me off. Anyway it was a very important fill up for me, with gas prices rising I will not drive a car that gets 17 city and 23 highway no matter how much I love everything else about the car. So after reading this post I thought it was time to do some investigating on what else is out there, on the way I noticed my gas needle was holding nice and steady. Started doing some math and came up with better numbers in regards to my fuel economy. I'm guessing from fill up to warning light I should be around 630 or thereabouts my best to date and very respectable. On 60 city 40 highway. I'm a bit over a half of a tank right now. Anyway drove to a Aura dealership to take a look at a loaded TL. I have already been in a BMW, Mercedes, and Jag, not all to test drive. One thing is for sure, Cadillac has to do better with the responsiveness when accelerating. Much to be desired. Since I am giving my thoughts on that, I should say that Cadillac and Bose is kicking butt with the sound system. BMW rivaled it but the Cadillac was just a bit better; the rest don't even come close, (my factual opinion). Like I was saying I really hope my mps continue to improve because I really love this car and want to keep it. Will post again the warning light comes on. I will tell you this it looks like all that talk about summer gas and cold temps is very true.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Normally the calculated mpg is reasonably accurate if the car is 100% stock and good condition. Mine's not stock, so it is at best a relative indicator until I check its accuracy.

The best way to get an accurate mpg is to measure over 2 or 3 tankfulls to minimizing filling error. If you are off a quart in 30 - 40 gallons, the difference is immaterial.

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

I get close to 30 mpg with all highway driving. Mileage is actually better on 2 lane roads with a 55 mph limit than it is on freeways, because of speed. From Huntsville to the NW Atlanta suburbs includes 4 lane, 2 lane, and freeway ... and I typically get about 29.5 computer indicated, and it's very accurate.

Overall driving, which is suburban, is about 25.5.

A person's driving habits is very important.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.