13 ats losing value quickly - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 13 ats losing value quickly in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The seems to be quite a difference between the Premium model and Performance as far as resale value is concerned. ...
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: 13 ats losing value quickly

The seems to be quite a difference between the Premium model and Performance as far as resale value is concerned. Mine is the same as joewins in that KKB shows it to be worth about $36,000+ as opposed to the groomie's $27,000 average (I'm ignoring his low ball offer of $23,000). That's almost a $10,000 difference! The cost for stepping up to the Premium as opposed to the Performance is not that great and almost identical if you add on options with the Performance. Considering what I paid for my loaded Premium, a 20% hit is pretty fair IMO. A good lesson for those trying to decide between a Performance versus Premium model to buy.

Iiari is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by joewins View Post
    I was curious, kbb shows a private party value for my premium 3.6 as $36k, so it's depreciated about 20%. That seems about average or a little higher for first year, low milage. Not that I'm looking to sell it, enjoying it too much.
    I think when Edmunds sold their long term ATS they took a 25% hit on their higher than usual mileage vehicle (which I think they said their fleet average was around 23% or so). So 20% seems reasonable for a lower mileage vehicle.

I'm leasing another vehicle now through late '15 since I've been waiting to see how an eventual ATS-V looks, but the nice depreciation on the existing ATS might make buying a used V6 outright very tempting by that time though...

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium

Not sure how accurate KBB is or how up to date they are staying, but if you browse sites like autotrader you will find many legit dealers selling Premium 2.0T (some AWD, some 3.6) with less that 10K miles on them for $33-$35,000. I think I counted 15 in that price range and 30 Premiums listed under $36,000. Performance models on average look to be about $3-4K lower than Premium. (lowest listed is $30K) Options may lower or raise the prices a little bit, but these are also retail prices not private party and they are also just the asking prices not necessarily the price you could buy one for. So could be even lower.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

When i searched auto trader in my area (Cleveland) for Premium 2.0T and they had 22 cars- most which ranged between $37,589 , $37,991 , $39,880, $42,458, etc. to a high of $44.900 all relatively low mileage vehicles ranging from 6,000 to a little over 13,000 miles and one with a high of 18,800....and that was still $35,990. The point being that the $36k mark is pretty accurate at KBB....at least in my area. A lot depends on the deal you get on your newer car; sometimes dealers will fudge the numbers, break fairly even on re-selling your trade and make the difference up on your new vehicle mark-up. You always get more selling privately, of course, which bolsters that $36 k average figure even more.

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium

yeah, local area would make a difference. Up here in WI a RWD will not sell nearly as well as an AWD so I would image they sell for a bit less as they aren't very sought after. I just looked on Autotrader to crunch some numbers.

Nationally, Autotrader shows 56 available used 2013 3.6 Premium cars
    AWD cars average dealer list price is $37,345 (27 total cars)
    RWD cars average dealer list price is $36,636 (29 total cars)

Nationally, Autotrader shows 31 available used 2013 2.0T Premium cars.
    AWD cars average dealer list price is $37,814 (8 total cars)
    RWD cars average dealer list price is $35,628 (23 total cars)

Nationally, Autotrader shows 57 available user 2013 3.6 Performance cars
    AWD cars average dealer list price is $34,419 (30 total cars) Looks like there are a lot of AWD Peformance models for less than $33,000
    RWD cars average dealer list price is $36,018 (27 total cars)

Nationally, Autotrader shows 28 available used 2013 2.0T Performance cars.
    RWD cars average dealer list price is $35,671 (20 total cars)
    AWD cars average dealer list price is $35,410 (8 total cars)

This was just for people that are looking for an idea of what their cars may sell for. This does not take into account anything more than engine, trim level and drive type so there could certainly be fluctuations especially as rustybear3 said, depending on location and options. It also does not take into account actual sale price, only dealer's listed price so the average actual sale price would certainly be lower.

moreso I am going to use this thread as a marker to see how much this changes in the next 6 months. Once lease returns start coming in and the 2015s hit it would be interesting to see where the numbers come in at that time just for the sake of seeing the difference 6 month makes. These aren't huge sample numbers either so of course have to be taken with a grain of salt.

louie1487 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You need to look elsewhere. I traded my '13 2.5 Lux in for $26900 with about 13k on it in Feb.

Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

Guys, talked to a couple other dealers some as far as Texas and again just fishing per say and had a few offers as high as $ 29,500 so I think it just varies by some dealers. Maybe, this guy was having a bad day but he did call me back today with a 27k trade in offer. More than likely just going to keep her, as she has been pretty good to me so far.
    louie1487 likes this.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I wonder what percent of the cars list as premium or performance models truly are. In general just looking at cars on Autotrader, I've noticed listings will sometimes say a trim level that the car doesn't have; especially if the car is for sale by dealer that is not that brand new (e.g. an accord being sold at a Ford dealer or an unbranded used car dealership).

listrats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

I traded in my 2012 SH-AWD in mint condition for 28k when KBB said 32-33k. Dealers want to make money on the trade ins also, and if they are at KBB for 32k, they might have to sell for 30k hence give me 28k. I did not mind because of the amazing deal I got on the ATS.

Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

Just to let all know. I kept the ats and added her a new buddy as I purchased a 2014 2 door wrangler oscar/mike edition. Now I'm good to go on the pavement and the back country too. The great caddy is too good a car to let her go.

100%_N1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Groomie
    Just to let all know. I kept the ats and added her a new buddy as I purchased a 2014 2 door wrangler oscar/mike edition. Now I'm good to go on the pavement and the back country too. The great caddy is too good a car to let her go.
    Nice choice! Congrats. I've got an '83 CJ that's still kickin'.
    Groomie likes this.

ILoveJuicySteak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0t

First of all, you cannot expect to get a "good price" on a year old car. Any car depreciates by like 30%? the second you take it off the lot.

The car will show its true value in 5+ years when you can reflect on cost to own, over a significant period of time.

xofruitcake is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Probably the best way to look at depreciation is from the lease residual that car company like GM, BMW etc put up for their cars. I leased a 2013 BMW 535 now during one of the promotion period back in Dec 12, BMW offer 73% residual (73% of the MSRP) for a 2 year 12K mi lease. Normally BMW offered 60-68% of residual depending on the time of the year (lower residual as it get close to the next model year launch) for 5 series. For ATS, that would be the gold stand to compare to since BMW tends to be more willing to keep their residual high. From the number that people posted here, ATS seems to be doing pretty well. Somewhere in the high 60% after 2 years is pretty good (2013 ATS is almost a 2 years cars now). It is especially true if someone get GM card earning, rebate or financial subsidy (e.g. low interest loan) on top of getting close to invoice... My 535 lease is going to be up this Dec.. I am interested in an ATS if the banks offer high or mid 60% residual with good size rebate for 2 years lease or low 60% residual with good rebate..

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Groomie View Post
    New car losing value quickly
    Did you know that not all owls are wise?
    ILoveJuicySteak likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.