How often do you see an ATS on the road?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How often do you see an ATS on the road? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Question for both owners and shoppers (like me). The reason I ask is that I can count on one hand ...
    MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

How often do you see an ATS on the road?

Question for both owners and shoppers (like me).

The reason I ask is that I can count on one hand the amount of ATS sedans I've seen in my local area over the past month or so. I was thinking about this again over the weekend as I was a chaperone for son's school event in Orlando. I was traveling in a coach bus and staring out the window at the cars during a two-hour ride and was looking out for the ATS and new CTS and didn't see any. Are they really this rare or is there just a shortage in Florida?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Drwilsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD Premium White Diamond

Re: How often do you see an ATS on the road?

I hardly ever see another ATS here in northeast Ohio. Kinda good in a way, makes my car exclusive.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I see more 3rd gen CTS's here than ATS's.
    The four ATS's I see around my area are all base or luxury models driven by women.

There are 83 unsold 2013 ATS's sitting in a couple lots within 40 miles of me.

wlk12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I see one about every two or three days here in Southern California. May see more soon with the high incentives. They're really overstocked, or perhaps the new CTS is stealing sales, or both.

jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

Just depends on popular Cadillac saturated areas. In northern Iowa, I am only daily driver amongst too many older folks.

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

Very, very rarely. I think I've seen two in the past 10 months since we bought ours. Of course, I may have seen more and assumed that they were CTS's. The CTS is quite popular here and to me they look just about the same.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

here in San Diego i see a murdered out one (has light blade so Performance or premium) about every other week when i drop my daughter off at daycare (i see a colleague of mines ATS every day so that doesn't count) and i spot one about every other day so maybe 3 to 4 times a week but my spottings might be skewed by my neighborhood i live in a more affluent north San Diego Neighborhood and i'n 1 to 2 exits from 5 golf courses that i can be at in 5 to 7 minutes, so lots of caddys here

that said the difference between an average ATS spotting of every other day (2 to 3 days tops) to every 5 minutes for a BMW or Mercedes is dramatic

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

One in the 2 months I've owned mine.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

This is crazy. I was just in Orlando last week on a Disney bus looking for the same. We were on our way home to the airport. I saw 1 ATS. That was it. Here in CT I have seen 2 on the road. Not many at all just at the dealer. Most people don't even know what an ATS is. They look confused when they see the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    Question for both owners and shoppers (like me).

The reason I ask is that I can count on one hand the amount of ATS sedans I've seen in my local area over the past month or so. I was thinking about this again over the weekend as I was a chaperone for son's school event in Orlando. I was traveling in a coach bus and staring out the window at the cars during a two-hour ride and was looking out for the ATS and new CTS and didn't see any. Are they really this rare or is there just a shortage in Florida?

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Very, very rarely. I think I've seen two in the past 10 months since we bought ours. Of course, I may have seen more and assumed that they were CTS's. The CTS is quite popular here and to me they look just about the same.
    I remember reading an article about how the 2013 CTS sales suffered as a result of the success of the 2013 ATS. However, with all of the ATS overstock references mentioned, you would think Cadillac/GM would really be pushing some incentives.

Personally, I think the car has a striking design. The last one I saw on the road up close crossed in front of me in an intersection as I was waiting for my turn arrow. The profile and lines of the car looked fantastic. I'm not sure which trim it was but it did have the full LED light blades which looked incredible.

However, if I could have $1.00 for every black, silver or white entry level trim BMW 3-Series I see on the local roads, I could pay for a nice family vacation.

Tvp125 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black ATS 2.5

I maybe see one a day sometimes two on a good day.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

There is a guy in my campus who drives a black ATS. Hasn't met him in person yet, but I keep seeing the car around. It seems to be a standard or luxury model - no LED or HID. I consider that a good thing! That makes my performance special and unique in the campus!

There are a few rental ATS that I see them around. One is 2.5L base ATS, and because of the bar codes on the windows, it should be owned by a rental company. Another one is a white ATS luxury 2liter turbo. It should be a loaner car, owned by the Cadillac dealership. There is no bar code on the windows, however there is "no smoking" label on them. My Cadillac dealership puts them on the loaners.

There is a black 3.6 liter performance or premium. It is owned by a young girl who lives in Waikiki. But I would say she is not into cars! Once I had parked in a mall, and she showed up in her ATS, but she even didn't take a look at my ATS which was parked right in front of her!

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    In almost a year since I got mine, I've only seen maybe 15 in buffalo area.

MRTQ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Performance

Two times since I got mine about two months ago, both Lux models. I feel special! I have seen several several XTS's though.

bdwalters is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

My next door neighbor has a frequent visitor who has a silver premium 2.0T. I saw a grey premium at the nursery one day, and I've seen a black raven one in the neighborhood. I probably see a dozen 3 series a day in my neighborhood, on the other hand. I do like that my car is a little more unique. I don't like being or thinking just like everybody else. In Houston and Austin, I didn't see many 2013 models still in inventory when I bought mine in December, but Houston is a big luxury car town from what I can tell. Then again, maybe these dealers just manage their inventories well.

I've seen maybe a couple new CTSes so far.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.