What did you drive before your ATS? (pic thread) - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What did you drive before your ATS? (pic thread) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; 2012 VW Beetle Turbo APR stage 2....
    Tvp125 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black ATS 2.5

Re: What did you drive before your ATS? (pic thread)

2012 VW Beetle Turbo APR stage 2.
    vwvr6tom likes this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Tvp125
    Do you mind if I ask you are a guy or a girl?
    Bertha D Blues likes this.

exbagboy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

If I lived in a small European city, I'd rock that beetle or a mini cooper!

don.davis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

Carpenter, partly because I could never pile the family (4) into my car and we always had to take my GF's Yaris. Partly because I've always loved sports cars and sports sedans (had everything from an NSX and 928 S4 to Saab 9000 turbo, never mind all the Alfas and BMWs overseas) and had for the past 5-6 years been "playing it cheap" either in a vanpool or with the Honda - and just wanted a nice car again that I wouldn't have to worry about. The Insight had recently (late last year) thrown a battery pack error and was more than halfway through it's serviceable life, which was also key in the decision.

Still kind of shocked at the frequency I visit gas stations now compared to the Insight, but I try not to think about it and of course, CUE makes up for it. (I crack myself up.) Also, to me, this car has a lot of personality and I almost have to try not to give it a glance as I'm walking away, I find it pleasing from every angle. Basically decided to "live a little now" and buy a new car that is quiet inside and comfortable and looks good. (Except in that new Crimson! )

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by don.davis View Post
    Carpenter, partly because I could never pile the family (4) into my car and we always had to take my GF's Yaris. Partly because I've always loved sports cars and sports sedans (had everything from an NSX and 928 S4 to Saab 9000 turbo, never mind all the Alfas and BMWs overseas) and had for the past 5-6 years been "playing it cheap" either in a vanpool or with the Honda - and just wanted a nice car again that I wouldn't have to worry about. The Insight had recently (late last year) thrown a battery pack error and was more than halfway through it's serviceable life, which was also key in the decision.

Still kind of shocked at the frequency I visit gas stations now compared to the Insight, but I try not to think about it and of course, CUE makes up for it. (I crack myself up.) Also, to me, this car has a lot of personality and I almost have to try not to give it a glance as I'm walking away, I find it pleasing from every angle. Basically decided to "live a little now" and buy a new car that is quiet inside and comfortable and looks good. (Except in that new Crimson! )
    NSX is STILL a sexy looking car. Always really liked those cars although I've never driven one.

Yeah, you're right, it's a real head-turner. I think I had every kid under the age of 20 stop me at some time or another to check it out, NEVER any girls, although one might attribute that to the driver and not the car... The NSX was a LOT of fun. Terrible turning radius and heavy steering at low speeds. Rock solid at any speed and absolutely glued to the ground. Great acceleration too, and mileage wasn't bad either. Almost no trunk space. I was lucky enough to have it while I was stationed in Heidelberg, Germany, and routinely ran it at well over 100mph. Once touched 170mph between Mannheim and Frankfurt. The only mods it had were a custom stainless exhaust, other than that it was completely stock. Took it on the Hockenheim track once (you could pay the equivalent of about $12 and do 15 minutes on the track with anyone else who cared to drive their cars, any speed you wanted to) and had my GF in the front seat holding the camera steady on a tripod. By the end of the first lap her hyperventilation was louder than the car and the only word she could say was F***. F***. I had to cut the run short after that lap, but what a rush, doing 100+ in the straight, Porsche turbos passing on the right and some punk in a tricked-out Opel passing on the left like it was a day in the park. Just amazing. Off topic but I'd post the 30mb video if we had a way, it's worth it just to watch and hear the cars. Best fun for $12 I ever spent. I guess I should have posted pictures of the NSX as my previous car instead of the Insight!

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by don.davis View Post
    Yeah, you're right, it's a real head-turner. I think I had every kid under the age of 20 stop me at some time or another to check it out, NEVER any girls, although one might attribute that to the driver and not the car... The NSX was a LOT of fun. Terrible turning radius and heavy steering at low speeds. Rock solid at any speed and absolutely glued to the ground. Great acceleration too, and mileage wasn't bad either. Almost no trunk space. I was lucky enough to have it while I was stationed in Heidelberg, Germany, and routinely ran it at well over 100mph. Once touched 170mph between Mannheim and Frankfurt. The only mods it had were a custom stainless exhaust, other than that it was completely stock. Took it on the Hockenheim track once (you could pay the equivalent of about $12 and do 15 minutes on the track with anyone else who cared to drive their cars, any speed you wanted to) and had my GF in the front seat holding the camera steady on a tripod. By the end of the first lap her hyperventilation was louder than the car and the only word she could say was F***. F***. I had to cut the run short after that lap, but what a rush, doing 100+ in the straight, Porsche turbos passing on the right and some punk in a tricked-out Opel passing on the left like it was a day in the park. Just amazing. Off topic but I'd post the 30mb video if we had a way, it's worth it just to watch and hear the cars. Best fun for $12 I ever spent. I guess I should have posted pictures of the NSX as my previous car instead of the Insight!
    A couple years ago we went out to Vegas and I fulfilled my dream of driving a legit and current supercar. Before I did that I got my wife to go on what they called their drifting ride-a-long. My wife got 2 laps in a C6 Z06 driven by a professional driver and as you can guess by the name of the experience it was a thrill ride. Basically they go around the track sideways the enitre time..lol She screamed and screamed. It was glorious. Despite that, she was nice enough afterwards to take pics of me racing the Aventador for 7 laps. What as experience that was.

Got to out and race against these guys. (The Z06 ride along car is in the background here too)

Carpenter, sweet. That must've been a scream. Not many people get to do that!

louie1487 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I used to own a VW. Seems like they had a "special" tool for everything.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 ATS4 (BD 8/12)

German cars seem to as I noticed. A lot of weird angles that need thin metal tools. That's why I made some instead of paying an arm and a leg for a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by louie1487 View Post
    I used to own a VW. Seems like they had a "special" tool for everything.

Hot Rod Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Manual STD

smallIMAG7083.jpg

De-badged and no wing SRT-4 Neon. I still have it. Truly a beast even in its almost stock form. It's fun to drive but not a highway cruiser.

onecleancaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS
    2005 Corvette
    LG Motorsports Super Pro headers
    B&B Bullits
    MGW Shifter
    Pfadt coilovers and sways
    Airaid intake
    LG Tune
    414whp/418wtq

image-1683445679.jpg
    Attached Images
    Ragtop 99 and exbagboy like this.

SCATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS- 2.0T/Man/Base/RWD/CUE/Blk/Blk

Joe ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

I sold my weekend car, a 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo, to make room for my ATS951-2.jpg
    tunedATS likes this.

Zivnuska is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2.0T, Manual

2007 Z06
    Ragtop 99 and exbagboy like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.