One year passed, thoughts on your ATS?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, One year passed, thoughts on your ATS? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I figured I'd make a thread for anyone who's had there car for close to or over a year post ...
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

One year passed, thoughts on your ATS?

I figured I'd make a thread for anyone who's had there car for close to or over a year post up there impressions. The idea isn't a bashing fest, but to see how this car has grown on/off people, please refrain from sensless GM bashing and this IS NOT about customer service issues, this is strictly about you and your ATS and how you feel about it.

I leased mine around a year ago, 2.0tM/T RWD and I gotta say it's a great car, but I'm sort of bored with it? maybe its the lack of options on it (my fault) but I'm just sorta bored with it and want to move on. I dont have cue, the base stereo is with a capital "C" Crap!, the base seats are extremely unsupported and the lack of "garnish" on the base model to me has become a large elephant in the room after seeing it next to premium rides. I looked for a while to lease one with a little more flare for close to my rate, but I got such a good price that's just not going to happen and I find myself looking around at other cars more and more.

The issue is I wasn't totally aware of how much the base level leaves to be desired until owning it for a while and then getting to drive a premium yesterday it REALLY became apparent. I used to be a HUGE modding freak with cars, but this being a lease that I will NEVER buy out I can't really mod this thing, I feel detached from the car like it's not me you know? I dont know how much longer I'll have it, been looking into a few other cars, CamaroSS, SubaruSTi, Evo9,10, 300SRT...hell I wouldn't even mind an SS turbo cobalt (raced one last week and got my ass kicked ) was looking at used CTS-V's but I cant get the payments down.

In summary, I dont hate this car, it really is a great machine but I'm just bored with it? already and want to move back to the modding crowd and OWN a car thats truly mine... I feel like I'm renting this and just overall detached from my car, and that's a big deal for me, I know that feeling may be hard to understand but it just bothers me.
    Rozay619 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ATS
    ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Performance AWD T

Re: One year passed, thoughts on your ATS?

I feel you, that's why i had mine ordered since none in my province were the way i wanted it, and i knew i would regret it

My review:

9 months in here with PErf. 2.0T AWD

I remember reading the negatives points of this car being

Small inside Space :which does not bother much i actually liked that it has a shorter lenght than a A4. the few times i have people in the back i put my seat in my personal ''race'' position and they'Re good !

CUE: crashes sometimes but I kind of like it
    • Transmission:
    is where i do mind a bit, i find in regular mode it really has problems whilst acceleration, and it does bother me sometimes. The 6 speed in my bosses 2011 E series or my girlfriends 328XI 2011 can manage gear changes much better i find, and these are old cars, when i drove the 2013 328XI or A5 the 8-speed was just wonderfull !
    Stevo Supremo likes this.

Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

My wife and i went with the 2.0T/ Auto. I agree with just about everything steveo mentioned regarding the interior and the stereo... i too opted for the base model, no cue, no HID's or DRL's.... More upset that the HID's weren't standard on a $40k luxuary?!?! The car drove nice, while it ran(for me that is) and seemed to have plenty of power when you need it....

I will say the MPG was amazing for a car with as much power as it had!! I drove from San Diego to Las Vegas and around Vegas for 3 days and still had nearly 70 miles till empty when we were ready to leave.. i want to say nearly 500 miles in total on that one tank!!!

Overall, the car was fun to drive and nice to look at!!! It really did turn heads, especially when blowing by other cars...

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

it has grown on me more and more every day. im all for modding to an extent and even tho this is a lease for me, im still gonna mod.
    i will possibly keep the car anyway
    absolutely no complaints other than cue wont show album art when bluetooth streaming is using google music, pandora cant skip with steering wheel, and HVAC blows random teperatures in auto sometimes (mine is updated)

but after 9 months of ownership, i would do this car again over and over again. one thing i was a little iffy about at first was the MT.
    but its amazing and im so glad i went with it. it really does get smoother and smoother overtime. my "uneducated" guess is that they saved money and didnt chamfer the edges of the gears. so aech shift was a bit rough. now that its worn in and used up, the edges have worn out and created their own fillets. so its alot smoother now. thats just my limited engineering guess.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Glad to see polite and intelligent responses so far and that people with base levels see what I mean

well if I ever did an ATS again (which I wont unless it's wrapped in a V suite) I would go with one that has more options, I fell once for a base model Cadillac and I wont ever do it again, I know some will say I shouldn't have gotten a base model caddy, but being a university student the allure of a brand new caddilac was rousing. Every time I want to get some parts I just keep thinking "naaahh it's a base lease that I wont keep" making it feel more and more like a rental It's an overwhelming sense of boredom and disconnect between me and my machine, and I've never had that before and it really does bother me.
    Rozay619 likes this.

mrstecks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I've had mine now for 15 months (2.0 T / AWD Premium), and I'm even more in love with it now than I was at the beginning.
    I'm pretty sure I've uttered the phrase "God, I love this car!" every single time I've driven it.

Haven't had any of big gremlins that some have experienced, and I actually LIKE Cue. But that's probably due to the fact that I really don't use it as the makers intended. For instance, I've used the sat-nav once in the last 15 months. hahahaha...

The ONLY thing that even slightly bugs me is the low city mpg I get (mid-teens). But mostly that's due to my complete inability to slowly pull away from a stop or drive in a conservative manner.
    The highway mpg has been pretty good.

Mine is a lease, and I'm still debating whether to buy it out or not. That decision will have a lot to do with how much I love/hate the ATS - V when it comes out.

Cheers!
    Mark

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

I have a base, with CUE, and the only thing I wish I had was the headlights, and thats simply from a styling perspective.

As for modding a lease...why not?
    Tuning will make you love the car all over again.
    There are options for the stock turbo, that are undetectable to the dealer as well....
    small723 likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

I have a number of glitches scheduled to be serviced soon -- including a herky-jerky seat back when being reclined.

Glitches that I am NOT so sure will get fixed:

- My phone calls when driving at highway speed are unbearable for recipients. That does not vary whether I use my phone over BT to CUE or use the built-in OnStar phone. People get seriously annoyed if I call them. I hear them fine. It is fine when parked. When using my phone hand-held (unpaired to CUE) people do not have a problem. When driving they say it is like a wind tunnel and not road noise. The dealer made one repair attempt but I fear it was not well focussed on the problem... they have not given up though.

- My "clicking-clacking" heater! I have had several reprogrammings and it is better than it used to be in terms of frequency of the clicking. However, it is now louder (huh?) somehow. My dealer has long said they would try any approved repair including one that might require removing the dash. They make that offer though in a way that makes me wonder if they doubt that is such a wise course of action ... maybe the dash never goes back together so well? So despite that, I am likely to ask them to proceed... it is just getting so damn loud now (and to be fair maybe that is partly just that I am noticing it more?).

- NavTeq. ARGH. Garmin updates regularly and my multiple Garmin units have had about 5 updates since the CUE based data files were created in my ATS (built fall 2012). No NavTeq updates? I get routings to turn left at streets that have not allowed left turns for more than a year. When I ask Cadillac about the "speed limit" function being useless in Canada because the NavTeq database is not set up, they just say that is NavTeq's fault... as though I should take that up with their supplier ???

I have been in for service on a lot of other nuisance glitches... my dealer makes this as painless as possible I guess, but I am not convinced to get an SRX as I had expected I would by now. I am okay with being an early adopter of a first MY car, but I am concerned that some things don't seem to be getting addressed by Cadillac.

Still, I love driving the car, but it is not the only car I would equally enjoy and the nuisances linger on my thoughts.

Hey, and the AutoShow is in Toronto and I will head down there this weekend to see what is on offer.

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Love my ATS. I have the 2.0T Standard
    -Love the ride, 50/50 weight, fun factor (minus the RF tires)
    -Looks amazing
    -Quiet, comfortable, friends enjoy it
    -Cannot wait to mod with a Pfadt 35 package

Hate my ATS
    -Electrical nightmare, so many bugs in this vehicle for the 1st year
    -Wish I would have bumped up to a Performance platform for tech packages and features
    -Again... not enough features for a 40K car
    Rozay619 likes this.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Still loving my Performance 2.0T. Cue is cool, more for passenger "wow", as I use steering wheel controls for everything. I would have liked to have gotten the magnetic ride, but no heartache (slightly hoping someone figures out how to add it, but I won't hold my breath).

Looking forward to some bolt ons for upgrades, nothing too involved when under warranty.

No major bugs, good dealer any time I've had it in for service.

Would buy again and would recommend

jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

I took ownership one year ago tomorrow.......on Valentine's Day. So I have a sweetheart, kick-ass ATS that has given me more pleasure than any women that likes sitting in my passenger seat. Sorry, all you gorgeous women, I live for my ATS!!!!

I will give her a new oil therapy and lube job, plus a nice hot bath tomorrow. After that, I'll put some sweet AP 303 on her lovely interior skin areas and it will feel like she wan't s more. I was lucky on Valentines Day last year, and this coming year will be just as exciting.

One year of ownership has been a fantastic "ride"!!! I've had very, very minor issues and they were taken care of to my satisfaction. Can't wait for warm weather to show again this is a Rock Star and a Rocket Ship!!!!!

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by jeffroeson View Post
    I took ownership one year ago tomorrow.......on Valentine's Day. So I have a sweetheart, kick-ass ATS that has given me more pleasure than any women that likes sitting in my passenger seat. Sorry, all you gorgeous women, I live for my ATS!!!!

I will give her a new oil therapy and lube job, plus a nice hot bath tomorrow. After that, I'll put some sweet AP 303 on her lovely interior skin areas and it will feel like she wan't s more. I was lucky on Valentines Day last year, and this coming year will be just as exciting.

One year of ownership has been a fantastic "ride"!!! I've had very, very minor issues and they were taken care of to my satisfaction. Can't wait for warm weather to show again this is a Rock Star and a Rocket Ship!!!!!
    uhhhhhh......either ur taking this car thing too far, or uve only had 20 dollar hookers for "women"....lol

Drwilsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD Premium White Diamond

I have only had my 3.6 premium AWD for about 3 months but I love it.
    I think I was only going to spend 40 grand instead of 50 I probably would have bought a loaded Buick Regal or something rather than a 'lesser' ATS.
    It seems the base version of nearly any car tends to get boring.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

At the 10 month mark and no regrets, it really is a beautiful car inside and out and I look forward to driving every time I get in it and I feel good when I do. I find myself looking forward to future models because I would buy one again (at this point). My first car with HUD and RFT, love HUD don't care for the RFT and looking forward to tires replacement. Only downside is it is hard to find a good dealer within a reasonable distance and lack of resolution for known problems.

jeffroeson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Metallic Silver, 2.0L Turbo, Performance, Morello Red

How bout both......care to say what yur car does for you?

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    uhhhhhh......either ur taking this car thing too far, or uve only had 20 dollar hookers for "women"....lol

----------

Figures a 23 year old something doesn't have a sense of humor.........

Quote Originally Posted by jeffroeson View Post
    How bout both......care to say what yur car does for you?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.