Gold 2013 ATS sale - yes, no?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Gold 2013 ATS sale - yes, no? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hi - I'm interested in getting a used 2013 ATS from a local Chrysler dealer. It's a 2013 2.0 Luxury ...
    harris512 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Gold 2013 ATS sale - yes, no?

Hi - I'm interested in getting a used 2013 ATS from a local Chrysler dealer. It's a 2013 2.0 Luxury but it's Gold with grey leather with 15k miles. According to Carfax, build date was 11/2012.

Apparently no one wants the gold, because I've been watching the dealer cut $500 a month off the price - it's now down to $24k!!! I test drove the car and was impressed but the color stops me dead. I keep imagining what to do to the car cosmetically and tastefully.

So my questions to you all are:

1. Would you buy a car if the price is great but the color is not?

2. How are you enjoying your 2013 ATS? Would you recommend waiting for a 2014? Don't know what the changes are from 13 to 14, but I figured this car still has 3 years of warranty on it.

3. Because it's at a Chrysler dealership, they aren't familiar with the level trims. They tell me it's "Luxury" but the center stack CUE does not include navigation. There are sensor dots on both front and back bumpers, but I don't think it has the Driver's Assist package. The glass does not appear to be tinted. The back seat does split and fold, so I assume it's not the base. Is there a base "CUE" where the screen doesn't have nav or did I not hit the right icon?

4. Anyone else with a Gold ATS do any mods? I figure - tint the windows, eventually get black wheels? Maybe gold is coming back? I saw the new Land Rover commercial where the LR was gold with black wheels.

thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    IMHO, the gold is fugly. If someone have me one, if sell it and buy something else.

Tinted windows, and maybe some gunmetal rims might help, but still...

Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Gold 2013 ATS sale - yes, no?

If the price is low enough buy it and get it wrapped whatever color you like

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

I don't think you want to be coming out of your front door every morning to drive your car and thinking "man... that's an ugly colour!"

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

If the price is right buy it and if the color does not grow on you spend the savings on a wrap or a high quality paint job in the color you want. You can even go with one of the Cadillac colors. It's not like you will hurt the resale value since its current color seems to have done that already.

jsehlms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T LUX 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by harris512 View Post
    1. Would you buy a car if the price is great but the color is not?
    If the color was something I couldn't live with, then no. Just because someone else likes or dislikes a color shouldn't sway your opinion.

2. How are you enjoying your 2013 ATS? Would you recommend waiting for a 2014? Don't know what the changes are from 13 to 14, but I figured this car still has 3 years of warranty on it.
    Other than driving it home from the dealer (220 miles) I haven't really driven it, but the bit I did, I loved it. There are a few changes, but I didn't feel they warranted paying more for the electrical outlet in the rear console. Sure there have been some issues, and many attribute that to a first year model, but no matter how many years they've made a vehicle, there can be issues. Every year is different so there are always new things which can go wrong.

3. Because it's at a Chrysler dealership, they aren't familiar with the level trims. They tell me it's "Luxury" but the center stack CUE does not include navigation. There are sensor dots on both front and back bumpers, but I don't think it has the Driver's Assist package. The glass does not appear to be tinted. The back seat does split and fold, so I assume it's not the base. Is there a base "CUE" where the screen doesn't have nav or did I not hit the right icon?
    If the rear seat splits and folds down, then it's either a Luxury or Premium. Premium came with Nav, Luxury it was a $1295 option. The sensors you see are the park assist sensors to notify if you are nearing an object at slow speeds.

4. Anyone else with a Gold ATS do any mods? I figure - tint the windows, eventually get black wheels? Maybe gold is coming back? I saw the new Land Rover commercial where the LR was gold with black wheels.
    Sorry, mine is Thunder Grey Chromaflair, which just like the Gold was discontinued halfway through the model year, so I guess you could consider the Gold a 'special edition' color I'd tint, black wheels, black chrome grill.

What wheels are on the vehicle? Luxury came with 17s, but you could order the 18s for $850.

exbagboy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium White Diamond

Try to get it for cheaper and then do a wrap or get it plastidipped (matte black or pure white)

79505269.jpg

Not as bad as I thought. Wish it was a more aggressive orange.

Hmmmmm never even thought of wraps - would love to see any ATS examples!

Thx for replies!

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

If you dislike the color, and think that it will not grow on you, I would say no! 24k for a used ATS with 15k miles on it, and with an odd color is not a great deal at all! Never settle down for it if you dislike the car. You will hate the car and your decision for the rest of your ownership.

That money plus 2-3 extra grands can buy you a used 2.0 turbo ATS luxury with a regular color (same mileage):
    http://www.fredbeanscadillac.com/Veh...-PA/2081190593

http://www.landersmclartyford.com/us...204df76d8a.htm

The asking price is not low enough to justify the costs of a high quality paint job, as some suggested. As for the wraps, I am not sure how well and how long it will hold up, and how it will look like. Nothing replaces a good, factory paint job! I would say, it is not worth it. If you don't like the color, walk away.

Wow - good prices there. Makes sense!

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by exbagboy View Post
    Attachment 183545

Not as bad as I thought. Wish it was a more aggressive orange.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'd be getting that shit wrapped faster than a dude on a date with the cheapest hooker

Pure white wrap. That one costs around 3K though.

Cadillac-CTS-V-23.jpg
    small723 likes this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

now THAT's slick.. wonder why cadillac never offered the ATS in pure white, I really dont find the diamond white (coffee cream) as sharp as summit white

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Uggggh That plain white wrap is as boring as white bread. Makes the ATS look like a mail type vehicle.....find the plain black just as bad. Diamond white or black is the only way to go with those colors. The gold really isn't that bad....was a popular color on some Vettes for awhile; would have loved to see a Tuscan Bronze treatment instead as they did on some limited edition CTS cars in the past....how about a Hot Lava Orange.....lol

Buy the car and paint it what ever you want......
    harris512 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.