Just want to let everyone know..
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Just want to let everyone know.. in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I've been lurking these ATS forums for a few months now.. While I was learning what I could, and getting ...
    Belman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 4 Premium 3.6

Just want to let everyone know..

I've been lurking these ATS forums for a few months now.. While I was learning what I could, and getting my ducks all in a row..

Well today I put money down to start a build on a brand new 2014 3.6L Premium AWD.. Optioned all the way out.. The dealer told me 6 to 8 weeks..

I hope I get a good one ....
    ben.gators and Ragtop 99 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ep_83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Re: Just want to let everyone know..

Congrats. As you probably know from the test drive it's a hell of a ride. Enjoy

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Congrats, new car just in time for spring!

Pie R Squared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS RWD 3.6 Premium Red Obsession/Platinum

Belman, welcome here. I custom ordered my 2014 3.6 Premium and it took six weeks after I ordered to get to the dealer. I have had my car for a little over two months and it has been excellent, I think I got a good one. What color did you order?

Fullmoon909 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6

Congratulations man. It took delivery of 2014 3.6 rwd three weeks ago and man it one hell of a car ( my last car was 2011 vw scirocco 2.0 tsi )

About 30 seconds into my first test ride.. I could tell this was one heck of a car.. The acceleration, the handling, the braking, were totally superb..

The spring time arrival should be great.. That will give me time to prep my 2002 Grand Prix GTP for sale..

The color the misses choose is a Radiant Silver.. With Platinum and Brownstone interior..

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Congrats. Love the color combo. Please post some pics when you get it.

I'm pretty much lurking as well. I plan to purchase mid year and hope to choose to see what the 2015 will offer before making a decision.

redsoxski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance ATS 3.6 white diamond tricoat
    Congrats BMan... Outstanding choice in the 3.6 and very nice interior combo. Get ready for the ride of your life~ happy motoring!

dirty south Guest

I lurked for awhile too...just picked mine up on Saturday...Taken it out 4 times today...I've run out of reasons to go anywhere! I'm getting terrible mileage screaming around town...Weird...sarcasm?

Great car...I'm a little surprised I can't get the back end to slide out a bit more...If you hit a corner right and get on the gas early and hard in second it will slide a hair...I'll probably to a software tune down the road...But it really is a wonderful car...

enjoy

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Belman View Post
    I've been lurking these ATS forums for a few months now.. While I was learning what I could, and getting my ducks all in a row..

Well today I put money down to start a build on a brand new 2014 3.6L Premium AWD.. Optioned all the way out.. The dealer told me 6 to 8 weeks..

I hope I get a good one ....
    Hello Belman,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2014 ATS! Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. If you were provided the 6 digit order number, we are more than happy to keep you updated throughout the build of your vehicle if you message us. We can be reached via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by dirty south View Post
    I lurked for awhile too...just picked mine up on Saturday...Taken it out 4 times today...I've run out of reasons to go anywhere! I'm getting terrible mileage screaming around town...Weird...sarcasm?

Great car...I'm a little surprised I can't get the back end to slide out a bit more...If you hit a corner right and get on the gas early and hard in second it will slide a hair...I'll probably to a software tune down the road...But it really is a wonderful car...

enjoy
    I am glad to hear you have been enjoying your ATS so far, dirty south. I had the opportunity to test drive a 2013 ATS, and I absolutely loved the feel while driving. If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to assist!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Belman,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2014 ATS! Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. If you were provided the 6 digit order number, we are more than happy to keep you updated throughout the build of your vehicle if you message us. We can be reached via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care[COLOR="Silver"]
    Laura... I'm going to take you up on that build monitoring.. But looking thru my paper work, I don't seem to have a 6 digit order number.. I think that's because we closed the deal on Saturday the 18th.. And the dealer said the order wouldn't go in until Tuesday the 21st..

After I get the number.. I'll give it a little time.. Then maybe we can see what you can tell me..

Thanks in advance..

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Belman View Post
    Laura... I'm going to take you up on that build monitoring.. But looking thru my paper work, I don't seem to have a 6 digit order number.. I think that's because we closed the deal on Saturday the 18th.. And the dealer said the order wouldn't go in until Tuesday the 21st..

After I get the number.. I'll give it a little time.. Then maybe we can see what you can tell me..

Thanks in advance..
    Hello Belman,

You are welcome. Yes, it's because you just placed your order, but you should get an order tracking number soon. Once you obtain that number, don't hesitate to contact us so we can keep you updated throughout the build of your vehicle.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Neuroleptic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo manual

Quote Originally Posted by dirty south View Post

enjoy
    To engage fun mode: press and hold traction control button for 5 seconds. TC light will flash, keep holding, then stability control will turn off. Enjoy!

FluxTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post

To engage fun mode: press and hold traction control button for 5 seconds. TC light will flash, keep holding, then stability control will turn off. Enjoy!
    Anyone tried this yet?

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by FluxTZ View Post
    Anyone tried this yet?
    Sure.

I posted a while back that the traction and stability control don't do anything until AFTER the driver has exceeded the optimum amount of spin or yaw. In other words, you just turn them off if you want to smoke the tires or get really sideways (i.e. the slow way to go). Plus even when they do engage they don't stop the spin or yaw just reduce them unlike a lot of systems out there.

However, I've done some more experimenting (absolutely in the name of science and in no way grin inducing) and found that not to be true in every situation. On rare occasions, they will impede progress by completely stopping the spin and yaw.

Disclosure: my car is tuned but I don't believe the tune effects those systems other than making it much easier to spin the tires or hang the rear out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.