Side amber lights replacement ?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Side amber lights replacement ? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Does anybody now if there is an aftermarket clear side lights that would replace the yellow lights on each side ...
    Steve247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Side amber lights replacement ?

Does anybody now if there is an aftermarket clear side lights that would replace the yellow lights on each side of the car? I have a 2013 ATS 3.6. Would look so much sharper and cleaner looking. Can some one please makes suggestion. Thanks...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: Side amber lights replacement ?

No, instead you need to paint them.....get the color match to your car and mix with some clear to let some light through, i don't know the ratio of paint to clear, i'm sure a painting pro/stud/studette can fill you in on the details

Steve247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    POW - is that really the only option ? I have the opulent blue color ! Any other suggestions, maybe. Really dark tint ?? Wouldn't the paint chip of the plastic ?

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Steve247 View Post
    POW - is that really the only option ? I have the opulent blue color ! Any other suggestions, maybe. Really dark tint ?? Wouldn't the paint chip of the plastic ?
    Theirs no known clear markers, unless you have access to a vac.mold maker you're probably not gonna get them

The paint wont chip as long as you prep it right, I mixed 96% clear with black to tint my reflectors translucent black a year ago and they still look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve247 View Post
    paint looks and works really nicely on lenses, when you see cars with smoked tail lights the nicest ones are painted in body shops, some people rattle can then and some plasti-dip and some use film, but the best is painted by a skilled person

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Had my wife's glacier blue's amber lights painted at a body shop. Came out great: Blends in beautifully with the car's body and shows amber when signalling. Cost me $50. Here are a couple of pics. The colors are different because I shot the first with flash and the second one without flash. The first pic is truly representative of the car's color.

P1030200e.JPG

P1030202e.JPG

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

looks great flycaster!!! sorta looks like mine.. but mines black on a black car but you get now how the light comes through

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I'm sure the aftermarket manufacturers will have these available soon. I know they are a popular mod with the Corvette crowd. Note, it is illegal in most (if not all) states as their transportation statutes require an amber front reflective lens and a red rear reflective lens.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    I'm sure the aftermarket manufacturers will have these available soon. I know they are a popular mod with the Corvette crowd. Note, it is illegal in most (if not all) states as their transportation statutes require an amber front reflective lens and a red rear reflective lens.
    Thanks for the heads up, but please don't tell the cops (LOL).

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    I like the clear lens look, especially on the older, C5 generation Corvettes where the front lenses wrap around the corners. What I laugh about is when the owners cry about getting tickets from the LEOs. I have a friend who is a LEO and he told me that most cops are very aware of what's legal and not legal, however don't like to give mod violation tickets because they usually get thrown out of court if the owner of the car provides proof that they have corrected the issue. They usually give them as add on or "bonus" tickets when they pull someone over for speeding or when they need an excuse to pull someone over after seeing them leave a nightclub parking lot or any other suspicious activity.

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T
    Requirement maybe but if you changed the light to white I don't think anyone (cop) would give you crap. However as known a clear lens would be needed for that. I hate the amber check out my modified mirror turn signals

Had my wife's glacier blue's amber lights painted at a body shop. Came out great: Blends in beautifully with the car's body and shows amber when signalling. Cost me $50. Here are a couple of pics. The colors are different because I shot the first with flash and the second one without flash. The first pic is truly representative of the car's color.

Attachment 173138

Attachment 173146
    that looks amazing... i want that going to have to talk to my body shop guy

----------

Quote Originally Posted by nyinstaller View Post
    Requirement maybe but if you changed the light to white I don't think anyone (cop) would give you crap. However as known a clear lens would be needed for that. I hate the amber check out my modified mirror turn signals

this looks beautiful, the only thing that could be anything close to that would be if they were switcbacks

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee
    that looks amazing... i want that going to have to talk to my body shop guy ---------- this looks beautiful, the only thing that could be anything close to that would be if they were switcbacks
    Switch backs are doable
    Meaning I can do it. However it would be annoying as think about it if you have the lights. When they are on you can see them as the driver that would cause a visual issue.

The white is a definite difference and looks so much better

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

I'd be more concerned about passing the VDOT annual safety inspection than the cops. Has anyone in VA made the change and been through an inspection?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.