Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Did I get a good deal on my 2013 ATS??????

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  DrGeraldP 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just bought a 2013 Ats 2.0T RWD standard with the heated seat package and a sunroof.....it had 1700miles on it and the sticker was 37,4xx and change...I bought the car for $29,459

Do you guys think I got a good deal?

happy new year

#9 ·
The car was a gm buy back...original owner had a small problem with it and returned it....only had 700miles on it when it was returned....My dealer insured me I have my factory warranty and if I had any problems with the car in 30days I can bring it back and they will reverse the deal....So far no problems and love it

It was sold as a certified used with a warranty

#10 ·
Hi ATS2.0,

I am glad to hear you are loving your ATS so far and your dealer gave you the option to test your vehicle for 30 days to make sure you are completely satisfied. Your dealer is correct insuring that your factory warranty is still valid, as factory warranties are transferred with each vehicle, not the owner. Continue to enjoy your ATS ownership experience!

Kindest Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

G
#11 ·
Just purchased a '13 Black Diamond Tricoat with about every available option Cadillac has to offer..was a showroom demo with 4500 miles...stickered at $55,544..put a Thousand down and financed 37K...!! Germain Cadillac Columbus Ohio...woots

#14 ·
Supposedly, I am buying a brand new 2013 ATS 2.0 Turbo AWD Luxury with reddish leather heated seats and heated steering wheel for $35K tomorrow. I think the sticker was just north of $46K. It is now March of 2014 though, so dealers are more motivated. 2015s about to arrive!

#16 ·
No one is going to do the deed and show you their sales breakdown sheets to prove they're actually getting 10K off MSRP due to a dealer write off. I'll be the first to call bullshit at that without significant compounding rebates, extenuating circumstance (like your buyback) and/or maybe a trade being involved. Then unless you're doing direct comparisons within your area it's not going to be a very fair comparison. I've had a cousin in the sales position at a major luxury dealership and I'm going to tell you their margins on small new car sales are tiny and that has to include your sales person's commission which by the time you've beat him up may be as small as < $100-150.

#17 ·
Yes you had a good deal. Three weeks ago, I bought a 2013 ATS4 (AWD) 3.6L Premium for slightly under $35K. The car had 9K miles. I have all the options except no sunroof and no heated seats. Strange for a car labeled as "Premium." But, I am happy with all the tech features plus Bembro brakes without the unsightly brake dusts. How about the HUD and multi-safety alert system? What cool features, don't you think? To compare it with the 2006 Jaguar S-type V8 4.2L that I traded is not a good idea. They are peach and apple.

#20 · (Edited)
I have all the options except no sunroof and no heated seats. Strange for a car labeled as "Premium".
Those are options because some people don't like the reduced head room and or the heated seats based on climate. They are available options which can be added for about 1400 to the price. If these were standard the car would just cost that much more.

The problem is most people want those features so they feel slighted that they are options. I prefer the way Cadillac has done it by giving people a choice.

In the end when you compare what is standard in the premium over performance you see the value added. Choice is a wonderful thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.