Did I get a good deal on my 2013 ATS?????? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Did I get a good deal on my 2013 ATS?????? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by ATS2.0 Hey guys i just bought a 2013 Ats 2.0T RWD standard with the heated seat package ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Did I get a good deal on my 2013 ATS??????

Quote Originally Posted by ATS2.0 View Post
    Hey guys i just bought a 2013 Ats 2.0T RWD standard with the heated seat package and a sunroof.....it had 1700miles on it and the sticker was 37,4xx and change...I bought the car for $29,459

Do you guys think I got a good deal?

happy new year
    No one is going to do the deed and show you their sales breakdown sheets to prove they're actually getting 10K off MSRP due to a dealer write off. I'll be the first to call bullshit at that without significant compounding rebates, extenuating circumstance (like your buyback) and/or maybe a trade being involved. Then unless you're doing direct comparisons within your area it's not going to be a very fair comparison. I've had a cousin in the sales position at a major luxury dealership and I'm going to tell you their margins on small new car sales are tiny and that has to include your sales person's commission which by the time you've beat him up may be as small as < $100-150.

DrGeraldP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4 V6 3.6L Premium

Yes you had a good deal. Three weeks ago, I bought a 2013 ATS4 (AWD) 3.6L Premium for slightly under $35K. The car had 9K miles. I have all the options except no sunroof and no heated seats. Strange for a car labeled as "Premium." But, I am happy with all the tech features plus Bembro brakes without the unsightly brake dusts. How about the HUD and multi-safety alert system? What cool features, don't you think? To compare it with the 2006 Jaguar S-type V8 4.2L that I traded is not a good idea. They are peach and apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATS2.0 View Post
    Hey guys i just bought a 2013 Ats 2.0T RWD standard with the heated seat package and a sunroof.....it had 1700miles on it and the sticker was 37,4xx and change...I bought the car for $29,459

Do you guys think I got a good deal?

happy new year

johneed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That car ended up being a service loaner with 5,800 miles. I found a brand new 2013 ATS4 2.0T Performance trim with Black Diamond Tricoat paint, CUE, NAV, moonroof, cold weather package, and bonus iPad for just under $37,000. I'm taking delivery on this afternoon. Total $$ out the door of $39.999.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello johneed,

Do you have any updates about purchasing the 2013 ATS? I hope you were able to go through with the purchase. If so, are you enjoying your new vehicle?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by johneed View Post
    That car ended up being a service loaner with 5,800 miles. I found a brand new 2013 ATS4 2.0T Performance trim with Black Diamond Tricoat paint, CUE, NAV, moonroof, cold weather package, and bonus iPad for just under $37,000. I'm taking delivery on this afternoon. Total $$ out the door of $39.999.
    Hello johneed,

Thanks for keeping me updated! I am glad that you took the time to look around and was able to find another good deal! I know that I posted on another post of yours today as well. I’m looking forward to seeing a picture of your vehicle when you have a chance to post it! Please keep us updated on your experience of taking delivery of your vehicle as well!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by DrGeraldP View Post
    I have all the options except no sunroof and no heated seats. Strange for a car labeled as "Premium".
    Those are options because some people don't like the reduced head room and or the heated seats based on climate. They are available options which can be added for about 1400 to the price. If these were standard the car would just cost that much more.

The problem is most people want those features so they feel slighted that they are options. I prefer the way Cadillac has done it by giving people a choice.

In the end when you compare what is standard in the premium over performance you see the value added. Choice is a wonderful thing.
    M5eater likes this.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Those are options because some people don't like the reduced head room and or the heated seats based on climate. They are available options which you could have added for about 1400 to the price. If these were standard the car would just cost that much more.

The problem is most people want those features so they feel slighted that they are options. I prefer the way Cadillac has done it by giving people a choice.

In the end when you compare what is standard in the premium over performance you see the value added. Choice is a wonderful thing.
    im 6' 2", and with a roof I barely fit inside with my helmet I use for autocross in.

whenever the ATS-v comes around, If I can't fit inside with the simpson, the sunroof is going. I have the convertible corvette if I want an open air motoring experience.

DrGeraldP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4 V6 3.6L Premium

I did not realize that headroom gets compromised with sunroof. It makes sense with M5eater situation. As I mentioned, I am happy with it. Zooming in and out effortlessly in the city of Nashville in sports mode (I use the touring mode on long drives). BTW: Thanks for reminding me this perspective about options vs. standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Those are options because some people don't like the reduced head room and or the heated seats based on climate. They are available options which you could have added for about 1400 to the price. If these were standard the car would just cost that much more.

GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.