Some before/during/ after shots of my headliner mod
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Some before/during/ after shots of my headliner mod in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I really like my car but one thing I didn't like was the color of the headliner. I didn't get ...
    nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T

Some before/during/ after shots of my headliner mod

I really like my car but one thing I didn't like was the color of the headliner. I didn't get why it was completely different from the interior of the car. so I decided it was time to change that.

so check out some pictures of my car

now I also ordered the suede steering wheel and shifter. They were both on sale for the holidays at shopchevyparts.com

the shifter was like 110 or so
    and the steering wheel was 140 I think however both worth it considering they match my interior. plus I still have the stock stuff so I can always change back.

anyways here are some before, during and after shots. excuse the pictures I used my iPhone which has a crazy glare during the day. wont allow me to get a good angle.

the suede I used was much better than the suede oem used on the shifter and wheel. much softer better quality. better be for wholesale 35 dollars a yard.

I am a professional installer so even the glue I used is better than anything oem would use as well as I am sure I used a lot more then they would ever so.

before

during

after

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Re: Somoe before /during / after shots of my ats 2.0 turbo

Wow. Like seriously, that looks amazing.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

now u can "draw" on ur headliner with ur fingers

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Nice.

$35 a yard? It's not Alcantara. What do you use?

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

That looks hot I have always wanted to see a Cadillac without the Chevy Upper pillars and headliner thanks.
    This is one of those final touches Cadillac needs to add in the future to differentiate its self from the other GM's even if it just the headliner due to any long term durability reasons if there is any IMO

Suede I use is called tech suede. Honestly its one of the top brands available. Ive been doing headliners etc for a long time and this material is the most durable and overall quality ive ever used. and allows some stretch to get around bends curves etc. alcantara is over priced as well as just a brand name. if you compare the two it wont be much of a difference. All suede you would see in a car is synthetic of course with any thing else there is cheap stuff, good stuff and over priced stuff.
    My camera doesn't do it any justice. Anyone who doesn't like the current color and likes black would love this addition. I do.

And yes I get to draw on my ceiling without causing damage. LOL

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

nice!!! I had this done on my old SS, makes a WORLD of difference, defiantly makes it feel like more of a cockpit.... its kinda odd that in the "jet black" interior the headliner isn't black, thats one of the reasons I wasnted morello red so bad is to get that black ceiling.

Not a fan of the suede wheel and shifter but to each his own

^^^^ the suede wheel and shifter are ok. even owning them I have my mixed opinions. The suede used on both is hard and appears to be cheap. The steering wheel has a lot of wrinkles on it. They will work them selves out but still, kind of agrees with the cheap factor. other than that not worth full price but then again I didn't pay full price. 8-)

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Re: Some before/during/ after shots of my headliner mod

Not my cup of tea.....makes the interior seem really dark and cave like...makes interior space seem even smaller. I think that's why they went with a light headliner, to give it a more spacious feeling. The suede "winkles" and grain directions would drive me nuts. The old Cadillac brougham's had a more luxurious headliner, which resembled a suede like appearance, without the grain problems of suede.....an extremely soft material. Nicely done, headliner replacement can be tricky.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Wow!!! Outstanding job. Looks richer.

Well done!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    nice!!! I had this done on my old SS, makes a WORLD of difference, defiantly makes it feel like more of a cockpit.... its kinda odd that in the "jet black" interior the headliner isn't black, thats one of the reasons I wasnted morello red so bad is to get that black ceiling.

Not a fan of the suede wheel and shifter but to each his own
    I'm kind of undecided on the suede wheel and shifter. On my previous CTS coupe I had the leather/fake wood wheel which I kinda liked. The V has the suede wheel. It feels nice to the touch, but I lost the heated steering wheel as that isn't available. Not sure if it's because of the wheel or unavailable on the V period because the button for the heated steering wheel is now the traction/stability control switch (on the V the switch moved from the IP to the steering wheel) as a result there is no more room for buttons.

I also am leery on the long term durability of the suede.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD
    Nice work. I'm more of a fan of the light color, but having clean visors would be a big improvement for me.

ATS2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD

shit that looks great! Would you be interested in selling a kit to do this mod? please pm me if you would!

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ATS2.0 View Post
    shit that looks great! Would you be interested in selling a kit to do this mod? please pm me if you would!
    lol ever done a headliner or this sort of work? its freaking hard to get it right, and if you dont.. oh man it looks like shit. I had to re-do my cobalt 4 times before I got it right, it either sagged, had a wrinkle or two or just looked off. If you aren't a total pro at this I wouldn't be doing my Own ATS as a first, in a kit or not, I'd defiantly be getting a professional to do this.

My cobalt looked great after I got it right, but that was a simple headliner with not too many slopes, but the ATS isn't something I'd attempt with a kit or anything lol. Any GOOD customs shop can do this, just ask to see a book of there work and google reviews on them first.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

You should paint the trim pieces black to match.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I would not want this for my car. I wanted a very light color (which does pretty much match the seats). But I think this is an AWESOME DIY mod for those who don't want the light headliner, etc..

Thanks for posting this.

As for making it a sticky, that can easily get out of hand. I'll think about a sticky with links to POPULAR DIY threads. Maybe the number of likes for the original post could be the deciding factor. But just using DIY in the title makes it semi-easy for DIYers to search for projects to do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.