is this the solution for bad smell in AC
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JavaGirl
  • 1 Post By ben.gators
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, is this the solution for bad smell in AC in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ...
    sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

is this the solution for bad smell in AC

i was answering a thread about someone issue on the ATS. as a joke i posted this picture.

image.jpg

and i found the whole story here. if you look the message from OP he explains it

http://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledin...give_you_2013/

[–]GabeWasHere[S] 22 points 12 jours de ša
    it actually wasn't for the heater core, the hvac housing was holding water from the evaporator drain tube being shoved up during assembly, but it would be the same for a heater core replacement.
    perma-lienparent

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: is this the solution for bad smell in AC

According to flycaster there is a newer solution where they go in through the bottom of the car and do not have to touch the interior.

There is a third solution, which I use. A few minutes before my destination, I turn off the AC compressor, but leave the fans blowing. This does a good job blowing out out hoses and vents. Then there is no condensate to cause a stink the next time you start.

Check around this site. There are already several threads on this topic.
    70eldo and sebounet like this.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

I always just leave my A/C in Auto and have never smelled anything on startup. I have in previous cars done what JavaGirl suggests and turn off A/C compressor a few blocks before I get home, but I don't on my ATS. I have noticed that majority of complaints with A/C mold smell live in the South where the humidity is higher.

Lorne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo Performance Manual
    Experienced mild smell on startup in summer here in Southern Ontario, but haven't noticed it since it got cold.

----------

Dealer did an HVAC update last time I was in for service. I wasn't clear what it was for. Was it to address this issue?

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

I live in Hawaii and I have the same issue. I have been using the technique that Javagirl mentioned and it works. I will keep doing this until a standard, safe, procedure comes out to fix the problem without tearing up the entire dash!
    JavaGirl likes this.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012

I told my SA to let me know when they are proficient at performing this mod. I figure I'll get it looked at next summer. Never had the musty smell too bad just a little on start up in the summer. My driveway is on an incline and the pan really drains heavy when I pull in the driveway but not when I park on flat surface.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.