Finally intalled the OEM DRL and HID on a luxury ATS - Page 8
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Finally intalled the OEM DRL and HID on a luxury ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey dudes. Do you guys think the lower led lights would look good on a second generation CTS? They look ...
    TACAMO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS 2013 XTS
    Hey dudes. Do you guys think the lower led lights would look good on a second generation CTS? They look sexy on my XTS, but I don't have fog lights on my CTS. I wonder if the XTS and ATS lower lights are different sizes too.

vseries is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

Re: Finally intalled the OEM DRL and HID on a luxury ATS

Quote Originally Posted by maldoj2 View Post
    red wire + blue ? and grey ? if grey is neg then what will be blue for

----------

how do i wire them
    The DRL's run at 2 different brightness intensities, One is High for daytime and one is low for at night. This is why there are 3 wires on them Ground,High and Low. I purchased an ATS a month ago and will be doing the same mod as well as the headlamps.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by TACAMO View Post
    Hey dudes. Do you guys think the lower led lights would look good on a second generation CTS? They look sexy on my XTS, but I don't have fog lights on my CTS. I wonder if the XTS and ATS lower lights are different sizes too.
    They would not fit, the ATS DRL is way too tall

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Nighttime Daytime Running Lights??

vseries is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Nighttime Daytime Running Lights??
    Technically they become parking lights at that point but yes they run at night as well

rnr4mula is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Had 1995 Eldorado, Had 2001 DHS, Had 2005 STS, Have 2013 ATS

I have been looking into doing this to my ATS. I have the exact figures and part numbers but not in front of me right now. I did some research with some automotive collision estimating software to come up with one main fact. There is only one bumper used, therefore the lights are interchangeable between all levels of the ATS.
    All you really need are the following hard parts:

Left and right --- what GM calls "driving lights" --- Can be found new for around $115 each
    Left and right --- bumper inserts --- one is around $45 and the other around $85
    Left and right --- Not sure what those little chrome bars are called --- around $60 each

But Yohaishi may have answered the question that I have not been able to look at my ATS to figure out yet. He said that he wired them into the headlight circuit. I still need to get mine in the air to see if the plugs are actually there in the existing harness to power the lights. I have a hard time believing that they wouldn't be there but I also feel that Yohaishi had enough technical know how to install the lights he probably would have seen the connectors if they were there.

A word about the upper led and headlight assemblies, to start with they are over $1000 each and replacement GM bulbs are $300 each, that's expensive. The other issue to think about is that those headlights are "adaptive" I am not sure that if you did spend the money they would function properly. I am sure that the Body Control Module would have to have the programming to operate the "adaptive" lights and that programming is probably not there. I think Yohaishi made a good choice in going with what appears to be an aftermarket HID conversion light kit for the headlights.

If anyone is truly interested post a comment and I will come back and post all of the part numbers and list prices for the lower lights.

Nice job Yohaishi !!! Mine is next !!![COLOR="Silver"]

Yohaishi??
    Can you tell us what HID conversion kit you used??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.