ATS 2t, rwd, prem. at 3 months
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bluztoo
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS 2t, rwd, prem. at 3 months in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; ...
    bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD

ATS 2t, rwd, prem. at 3 months

Wanted to share my thoughts about this car after having it three months. First off, thanks to you Cadillac engineers, execs. and workers who make this car possible. Itís an incredible car.
    I love the torque curve in the turbo 2. Itís fun every time I get in the car.
    The suspension and handling are wonderful. I have the magnetic ride control and Iím glad I made a point of getting it. Let me add the interior of the premium is just excellent from the wonderful seats to the wood panels, to the leather-stitched dash. The mix of performance and luxury, including the size of this car, is exactly what I wanted. And Ė an American car. Great.
    The summer tires were a gas when it was summer. Iíll use them up, then replace them with the equivalent that are not run-flats. After throwing on my snows I know that the RFís are noisy and too pass on too much. I also think the car should have had a rum-dum spare at least. Iíd put a continental style one on the back, but Iím not sure I would care much for that look on such a sleek car.
    I love the CUE controls, but add a knob for volume and push-to-tune. Then the critics will get off your back and not use it as an excuse to pass on this great car. Please, please, please upgrade my software. Should have the most recent available to me which is what I thought I was buying (based on the language of the website).
    Really enjoy the heads-up display. Good to know speed with this car and I donít have to take my eyes off the road. That is even more important as it is so easy to climb above the speed limit. I would probably never have purchased it separately, but now I feel like I couldnít live without it.
    Remote start fits the same category Ė I use it almost every day now that the temp has dropped. Donít leave it on long, but great to come out to a car thatís ready to go. The onstar app has also always worked for me Ė along with sending addresses to the car.
    Navigation Ė nice, but I want a little more here. Better maps mostly and certainly the ability for the software to actually understand what Iím saying. Still itís fine and competitive but Iím kind of spoiled by my iphone/ipad apps.
    I like the ten-speaker system sound, and I think the car has the perfect level of quietude. Probably would like an equalizer that gave me a little more choices on frequencies, but now Iím just being picky.
    The steering is a sheer delight. It is quick, responsive, and I still feel like Iím connected to the road. Along with the torque it is one of my favorite aspects of the car Ė and a great turning radius.
    The vertical lights on the front of the car are more than just a luxury spiff. I feel like they set the car off, and cause other cars to see me much more quickly. Sweet. The light-up door handles are just delicious decadence. They look so cool.
    Is the car perfect? I only met perfect once, thirty years ago, and Iím still married to her. Iíve noted some things I would change and do differently. But I had given up on driving being any fun. Not any more.
    GJB and MikeySF like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allantť

Re: ATS 2t, rwd, prem. at 3 months

Great comments; I surely agree, having had my ATS for almost a year. Perfect car? Of course not; no one (or 'thing') is perfect. But, close? You bet!

And I should have mentioned the Brambo brakes which really are wonderful.

small723 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 Premium

Great summary there, I agree with you. The biggest complaint that I have is with the voice commands, the voice system is HORRIBLE. When I even say "Cadillac Dealership" and returns back with a terribly wrong list of choices something needs to be updated.

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

Quote Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
    I love the CUE controls, but add a knob for volume and push-to-tune.
    Yikes!! Don't criticize the CUE. People don't like it when you don't won't embrace the latest technology.

AirBusPilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by bluztoo
    I’d put a continental style one on the back, but I’m not sure I would care much for that look on such a sleek car.
    What..?

The only point I was making airbus, is I would like to have a spare and a place for it. No, I wouldn't mount one on the back.

jpenn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Great overview of the 2.0T ATS. I presently own an 09 CTS 3.6 DI Premium and have enjoyed it for 5 years. I'm planning to trade next Summer for either a new ATS coupe or a BMW 428ix. I drove the 428 a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed with styling, handling and power. My question to you is, do you feel the 2.0T is as good an engine as the 428 and the 3.6?

jpenn - have not driven a 428. I know that BMW is famous for their motors so I'm sure it's excellent. Have driven a 3.6 (one-week rental and a weekend rental). The 3.6 is smooth and has nice power. Those that don't care for turbo lag probably prefer it to the 2.0t. I like to drive mine in sport mode and there's almost no detectable lag. I think the tour mode on these is really about gas mileage and I find it "lugs" a little too much, although the torque is there to support the low rpms. I'm guessing the choice between the BMW and a Cadillac will hinge on other things. But try the ATS first. You might love it.

bubi999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dearests,
    have the same ats 2t premium,
    for 2 months, enjoy it very much.
    Have big problems with adjusting
    the rear axle... NOT POSSIBLE.
    I think its a general problem GM is
    not aware of and they might do a recall.
    At least in my car the problem is inherent.
    Am counseling with my lawyer to get my
    money back or get a new car, not a lemon.
    I presume all 2013 models have the problem.
    Would love to have feedback on the issue.
    Best,
    bubi999

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by bubi999 View Post
    Dearests,
    have the same ats 2t premium,
    for 2 months, enjoy it very much.
    Have big problems with adjusting
    the rear axle... NOT POSSIBLE.
    I think its a general problem GM is
    not aware of and they might do a recall.
    At least in my car the problem is inherent.
    Am counseling with my lawyer to get my
    money back or get a new car, not a lemon.
    I presume all 2013 models have the problem.
    Would love to have feedback on the issue.
    Best,
    bubi999
    Are you kidding?

First what is an axle adjustment that you are upset about having a lack of? In almost 50 years of driving, I've never driven a car that had an adjustable axle.

Second, you think this is a problem that GM is unaware of and then turn around and say you "presume" all ATSs have the problem.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpenn
    Great overview of the 2.0T ATS. I presently own an 09 CTS 3.6 DI Premium and have enjoyed it for 5 years. I'm planning to trade next Summer for either a new ATS coupe or a BMW 428ix. I drove the 428 a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed with styling, handling and power. My question to you is, do you feel the 2.0T is as good an engine as the 428 and the 3.6?
    I've not had the time to drive a 4 yet.... I'm kinda scared to... The 3 and 4 series share that near prefect engine and transmission, and reportedly the 4 series had even better steering and handling than the 3.

But.... It's just from reading, not driven it yet. Oh, and I'm only talking the Sportline trim, the others suck lol.

artscadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS With Sport Perf Pkg

Did you compare Mag Ride to the standard ride?
    I know your Prem RWD has a tighter suspension FE3, so it should corner better, but dies Mag Ride ride any smoother?
    Is it Mag ride that allows Tour + Sport mode?

I agree they should have designed room for a donut spare, at least optional for any willing to give up some space, not decide for us.

Doesn't the steering wheel have a button for volume? The old CTS did.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Mag ride is very smooth, but not smooth like the Cadillac of old, and that's a good thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.