Hit 3k miles today, positive observations and Mobil1 oil change notes
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Hit 3k miles today, positive observations and Mobil1 oil change notes in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; After seeing all these problem threads i thought i would post a positive review. I've had no serious issues, i ...
    JoeC1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Hit 3k miles today, positive observations and Mobil1 oil change notes

After seeing all these problem threads i thought i would post a positive review. I've had no serious issues, i did get a warning to "service theft deterrent system" today but probably just a key fob battery. I've been enjoying the car, i've had a few brand new cars lately and was never happy with them but i don't see a trade anytime in the future on this one. It has it all from looks and luxury to power and handling.

I changed the oil today at 3k miles with Mobil1 and AcDelco PF64 filter, same one was on it from the factory. Oil life was at 56% but i'm not waiting that long for service on a turbocharged engine. The oil was very dark and i noticed an improvement, seems smoother and quieter already. I would change it at 3000-3500 and let them do the free one every other service. I'll be bringing Mobil1 with me though.

I've got the catch can and intake from IHuntv8turbo on the way, will be installing that and having him tune using HP Tuners. After selling the 19" Niche Milans i've decided to back to TSW where i originally started, probably the Sochi when it comes out like i had planned. There is a downpipe and exhaust in development that we are working on too that should be really nice so if you guys can wait i would...

I hope i don't have any of the serious issues like some people are having but i'm also seeing a lot of complaints which seem extremely minor and mostly tech related, glad i didn't get the CUE.
    Ihuntv8 and Ancient Mariner like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Re: Hit 3k miles today, positive observations and Mobil1 oil change notes

Good to hear, I'm sure there's at least a few of us fully satisfied owners on here LOL
    Ihuntv8 likes this.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
    After seeing all these problem threads i thought i would post a positive review. I've had no serious issues, i did get a warning to "service theft deterrent system" today but probably just a key fob battery. I've been enjoying the car, i've had a few brand new cars lately and was never happy with them but i don't see a trade anytime in the future on this one. It has it all from looks and luxury to power and handling.

I changed the oil today at 3k miles with Mobil1 and AcDelco PF64 filter, same one was on it from the factory. Oil life was at 56% but i'm not waiting that long for service on a turbocharged engine. The oil was very dark and i noticed an improvement, seems smoother and quieter already. I would change it at 3000-3500 and let them do the free one every other service. I'll be bringing Mobil1 with me though.

I've got the catch can and intake from IHuntv8turbo on the way, will be installing that and having him tune using HP Tuners. After selling the 19" Niche Milans i've decided to back to TSW where i originally started, probably the Sochi when it comes out like i had planned. There is a downpipe and exhaust in development that we are working on too that should be really nice so if you guys can wait i would...

I hope i don't have any of the serious issues like some people are having but i'm also seeing a lot of complaints which seem extremely minor and mostly tech related, glad i didn't get the CUE.
    You probably already thought of this. Don't reset oil life if you want the dealer to change it every other time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
    Good to hear, I'm sure there's at least a few of us fully satisfied owners on here LOL
    Yeah you always hear more from unsatisfied people than the one's that are, i really feel like this car should be doing better. I live in a college town about 30 miles from Little Rock and have only seen one other one here. I saw a new CTS at the dealer yesterday, it had some nice wheels on it i hope we can use their takeoffs cause some VSport wheels would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    You probably already thought of this. Don't reset oil life if you want the dealer to change it every other time.
    Yeah i didn't, used the same filter too so they won't know its been changed.
    GJB likes this.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

I am coming up on my 1st year of ownership of my '13 ATS Premium 3.6 (December 21, 2012 was the delivery date). I, too, love my ATS (and I also like CUE very much); have had only one item serviced (one key fob would not let me set my preferred seating position with the auto seat position recall). It has been a fantastic car; a delight to drive; best car I've ever owned. As many of us have stated before: ANY car, from ANY manufacturer can have
    problems.
    Maxplot and JoeC1982 like this.

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I am coming up on my 1st year of ownership of my '13 ATS Premium 3.6 (December 21, 2012 was the delivery date). I, too, love my ATS (and I also like CUE very much); have had only one item serviced (one key fob would not let me set my preferred seating position with the auto seat position recall). It has been a fantastic car; a delight to drive; best car I've ever owned. As many of us have stated before: ANY car, from ANY manufacturer can have
    problems.
    David, Your delivery date was my build date. Agree no serious problems on my end either.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I'll turn 1k miles on my ride home from work today. No visits to the service dept required. CUE didn't like voice dialing on my Droid Razr, but voice and Pandora work fine on my new LG G2.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeC1982 View Post
    I've got the catch can and intake from IHuntv8turbo on the way, will be installing that and having him tune using HP Tuners. There is a downpipe and exhaust in development that we are working on too that should be really nice so if you guys can wait i would...
    Keep us posted. Maybe the elusive before and after dyno??
    Is IhuntV8's tune different than what is being sold through Buschar Racing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    I'll turn 1k miles on my ride home from work today. No visits to the service dept required. CUE didn't like voice dialing on my Droid Razr, but voice and Pandora work fine on my new LG G2.
    Keep us posted. Maybe the elusive before and after dyno??
    Is IhuntV8's tune different than what is being sold through Buschar Racing?
    should be the same, I do intend to do before and after dyno testing. The before will have the catch can and intake setup already on though but i'll try to put the factory intake back on when I get to the shop.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

Great job on the oil change and being able to tell the difference . I could tell the difference in my old car when I changed it every 3000 miles . Leaving oil in for 5000-8000 .. I just can't comprehend how peeps and car manufactures do this.
    Ihuntv8 likes this.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

I'm not so sure that when using synthetic oil that changing every 3000 miles is necessary, but I really don' t know. From my own experience with a 2002 BMW 325 (65K miles) and a 2005 BMW Z4 (35K miles), both of which had their oil/filter changed (by me) annually (4-6K miles), they are the smoothest running cars with no engine problems whatsoever. Now, I do have a turbo, which may have different needs than the BMWs' straight-line 6, but I will trust the "20% left" criteria set up by Cadillac ATS. For my car that interpolates to about every 6K miles. With the 4 year maintenance plan, I doubt Caddy wants to be rebuilding or swapping engines because of inappropriate oil change maintenance. But, then again, changing oil eraly, certainly won't hurt.

GJB

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    I'm not so sure that when using synthetic oil that changing every 3000 miles is necessary, but I really don' t know. From my own experience with a 2002 BMW 325 (65K miles) and a 2005 BMW Z4 (35K miles), both of which had their oil/filter changed (by me) annually (4-6K miles), they are the smoothest running cars with no engine problems whatsoever. Now, I do have a turbo, which may have different needs than the BMWs' straight-line 6, but I will trust the "20% left" criteria set up by Cadillac ATS. For my car that interpolates to about every 6K miles. With the 4 year maintenance plan, I doubt Caddy wants to be rebuilding or swapping engines because of inappropriate oil change maintenance. But, then again, changing oil eraly, certainly won't hurt.
    Fly I concur with your logic. My biggest concern about the 4 year free maintenance is that after that its our problem not theirs. So is that recommendation based on their liability or us getting 200K or more out of our engines? Most manufacturers that don't provide free oil changes recommend not more than 7500/ 1 yr max between changes, but again is that based on their liability of pwr train warranty? I believe 7.5k to be about the high end of the safe point where viscosity has not broken down. But I'm more concerned about moisture and the cleanliness of the oil. My car is garage kept at home and work so its not spending excessive time in the elements and its not driven excessively hard. My rule of thumb is every 5k because it's easy to remember and around the 6 month mark for me. But as you said more often will not hurt, to each his own I say.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Fly I concur with your logic. My biggest concern about the 4 year free maintenance is that after that its our problem not theirs. So is that recommendation based on their liability or us getting 200K or more out of our engines? Most manufacturers that don't provide free oil changes recommend not more than 7500/ 1 yr max between changes, but again is that based on their liability of pwr train warranty? . I believe 7.5k to be about the high end of the safe point where viscosity has nor broken down. But I'm more concerned about moisture and the cleanliness of the oil. My car is garage kept at home and work so its not spending excessive time in the elements and its not driven excessively hard. My rule of thumb is every 5k because it's easy to remember and around the 6 month mark for me. But as you said more often will not hurt. to each his own I say.
    Agreed, GJB.

Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

I typically change oil 3000-3500, depends on how hard I've been driving, and what conditions! Usually when oil starts getting dark I will change it.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

After oil change I notice slighty better acceleration , smoother and more quiet engine . This was a 2000 5.7 v8 using 5.5 qts. I know some bmws use a lot more than 5 qts.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Let us know how the HT Tuners tune turns out. Lot's of good reviews so far.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.