Thanksgiving trip in our 2.0T
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jagular
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Thanksgiving trip in our 2.0T in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; We recently returned from a long trip from the Bay Area to Phoenix and back and the ATS proved itself ...
    Jagular is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, off-set wheels

Thanksgiving trip in our 2.0T

We recently returned from a long trip from the Bay Area to Phoenix and back and the ATS proved itself to be a wonderful grand touring vehicle, handling all road conditions extremely well and in great comfort. The CUE navigation worked perfectly and, frankly, is the best in-car auto navigation application I've used. I especially like the seamless voice of the woman's navigation and street reading. Well done, Cadillac.

We started out with an average MPG reading of 17.0 (I drive primarily city) and by the time we returned it was 22. I don't really care too much about gas mileage but during one stretch we averaged 27 MPG, not bad considering that I can't say that I'm a slow or timid driver.

Our Caddy is the opulent blue metallic and we had several people comment at how beautiful the car is. At one gas station, we had a couple pull in front of us to tell us how much they liked the lines of the car, the LEDs, and especially the color.

I really like the Caddy around town but the ATS has really proven to be a better touring car.
    investor74 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: Thanksgiving trip in our 2.0T

Happy to hear that ATS has served you well! I have the very same car, same engine, same color, but mine is performance. If yours is RWD, that means your ATS is equipped with MRC suspension. This is another positive review about MRC and its capability in handling different road conditions. My ATS performance can be a little rough on bumpy roads. Adaptive suspension addresses this problem.

And by the way, I like the navigation Lady too! Hope Laura or Greg (Cadillac Customer Service) can give us her digits!

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

I too have the same car in phantom grey, it replaced a '13 in opulent blue, what a sexy color. My wife threatened me not to come home with another blue..... I did...lol (it was my 4th blue car) she fell in live with it and told me she was a little sad to see it go. I got as many (if not more) compliments on the color as I did the car. Alas, I have since fallen in love with the red interior more, and lucky me being on the inside I get to enjoy the color while driving...lol

Congrats to you on the beauty you got on your hands and cheers for the great sounding trip

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Doesn't seem to be a lot of blue ats on the road....I was just about to get black when I saw the blue on the showroom floor and it was mine! I haven't seen another one in my area. I have a 3.6 awd so it doesn't have the magnetic suspension and I notice it's a little jarring in bumpy sections when you get on it. Wish I would've upgraded a model for the suspension and 10 speaker sound system, but otherwise very happy.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

My '13 Bluey was a turbo standard same suspension as yours and it ride nice but a little skittery on bumpy corners, I find the ride quality of that car splits the difference between tour and sport modes on MRC cars, which makes sense you want ride and handling if you can't switch you pick a nice middle ground. My '14 in sport mode gets a little rough and bucks a little on a rippled freeway, it's best used in the mountains

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Blue ATS here. It looks sharp and stands out in the ATS crowd. Unfortunately, parked in the driveway, it is nearly identical to the blue in my wife's Mazda 3 GT.
    The red and grey were my top choices, but I couldn't find one with the right options in my price range at the time I bought.

Jagular is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, off-set wheels

Yes, we've found the MRC to be quite good.

On our trip home, the nav rerouted us twice and both times put us at the tail end of long traffic jams (i.e., we still hit the jam but didn't have to wait too long in it before we were moving). Since the trip, my wife has begun using it over Google maps on her phone - she trusts it more!

glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

I took mine home to toledo - I must say the mileage was craptacular - 22 ish. Filled up the tank before I left - went to moms for T-day - left around 5 to go back to cleveland, stopped to fill up noted gallons and did math on mileage. I did very little in town driving, literally on freeway off to moms (no more than 3 miles off 75) then back home. I drove pretty much at a constant 75 too. really sucks too because my Avalanche LTZ got 19 on the highway...I mean seriously a 2.0L turbo 4 gets 3 mpg better than a 5.3l v8??

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

22 mpg highway is pretty low. Does the AWD hurt mpg?

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I'm averaging 20.9mpg with the p35 tune. Nearly 50-50 city and highway with highway miles having a slight advantage. Prior to the tune the highest I got was 23mpg with an avg of 22.x. I am AWD.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    22 mpg highway is pretty low. Does the AWD hurt mpg?

Estimates show AWD about 1 MPG less.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by glenroebuck View Post
    I took mine home to toledo - I must say the mileage was craptacular - 22 ish. Filled up the tank before I left - went to moms for T-day - left around 5 to go back to cleveland, stopped to fill up noted gallons and did math on mileage. I did very little in town driving, literally on freeway off to moms (no more than 3 miles off 75) then back home. I drove pretty much at a constant 75 too. really sucks too because my Avalanche LTZ got 19 on the highway...I mean seriously a 2.0L turbo 4 gets 3 mpg better than a 5.3l v8??

Don't forget your 5.3l V8 has variable displacement. Not saying 22 ish is good just that your V8 comparison may not be as significant as it sounds.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
    We recently returned from a long trip from the Bay Area to Phoenix and back and the ATS proved itself to be a wonderful grand touring vehicle, handling all road conditions extremely well and in great comfort. The CUE navigation worked perfectly and, frankly, is the best in-car auto navigation application I've used. I especially like the seamless voice of the woman's navigation and street reading. Well done, Cadillac.

We started out with an average MPG reading of 17.0 (I drive primarily city) and by the time we returned it was 22. I don't really care too much about gas mileage but during one stretch we averaged 27 MPG, not bad considering that I can't say that I'm a slow or timid driver.

Our Caddy is the opulent blue metallic and we had several people comment at how beautiful the car is. At one gas station, we had a couple pull in front of us to tell us how much they liked the lines of the car, the LEDs, and especially the color.

I really like the Caddy around town but the ATS has really proven to be a better touring car.
    Hello Jagular,

Glad to hear you had such a positive experience while driving your ATS on your trip. Continue to enjoy your Cadillac! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.