Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I'm really starting to regret my ATS....

11K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  Fraggy 
#1 ·
ATS Issues:

HD radio switching poor quality, echo's.

Voice Prompt length resets to long.

Phone calls do not remember last volume setting.

Pandora frequently has problem syncing with iPhone app.
Workarounds:
- Launch pandora app on phone
- Click to radio for a moment, then back to pandora

USB ports in center console don't always activate, no power, no data transfer

HUD frequently resets to higher position, not last position used.

Broken Glove Box

Not happy!
The dealer seems absolutely unconcerned with my problems as does GM itself. I take in the list above this morning with all the problems I am having with the car and he enters them into the computer, but states that unless GM has a fix for these there is nothing they can do. And on top of it, his entire demeanor is purely unapologetic. He even states that GM may not listen or care as they receive all the problems that are reported and are well aware of any and all issues. He also replied that it may not be financially feasible for GM to address the issues, and stated that he hears these same complaints nearly every day.

Then to ad insult to my growing frustration he tells me that he will need my car for several days, even though he just said there is probably no fix, and yet despite requesting a loaner when I made the appointment, there were no loaners available. At this point, my day is going down hill really fast.

But... He would get me a Hertz rental, and they even have a desk in the dealership. Ok, looking up right? No. Guess what, it took 10 minutes to get the Hertz girl to the desk to help me even after the cashier paged her several times. Then once she came, she had no car to give me, and had to have one delivered. Well that took nearly another hour... I also ended up missing a mtg at work because of this... Not cool at all.

This is NOT the way I've ever been treated by a luxury car brand. I felt like I was in some used economy car dealer herded like cattle, and not at a Cadillac dealership.

This just seems like typical Detroit/American cars all over again. I was dying to have this car, but 9 months in, I'm starting to regret it more with each passing day.

And before the "Its a first year model" comments start, let me say that I can understand that. But the car has been out for over ONE year now! And still NO fixes for basic computer coding issues like memory settings which have been reported by many customers. I have NEVER had a car not remember simple stuff, like radio presets, preferences, and other options. NEVER.

I bought a first year E46 (1999), and the only significant problem was a pesky airbag sensor that took 5-6 visits to diagnose and fix, but it WAS fixed. I also bought a first year E90 2006, and it had NO first year problems. I don't mind if problems come up, just have the parts handy to fix them, and I'm happy.

I could care less about the glove box, it broke, it will be fixed. But I can't say the same for all the other stuff thats wrong with my car. And those things take away so much from the driving pleasure. Twice in this past week, while on my way home, I had to pull over and park, and spend over 5 minutes each time messing with the car just to get Pandora to work. Sometimes it works great, sometimes not, and for no apparent reason. And the work arounds dont always work ether. Crazy.

What I'm unhappy about is the lack of any concern or follow through from GM on this. At this point, I just feel like riding this car out as long as I have to financially until I can get rid of it, then get back to a 335/435.

I'm very unhappy with GM and Cadillac on this.

Thanks for taking a look, now back to your regularly scheduled browsing.

See less See more
#35 ·
USNdfw said:
I want to thank you for this post. I haven't logged in here in quite a while and I received an email with this topic as one of the latest posts. I had a CTS-V years ago and an STS-V that I sold only a year ago. When I sold it, I swore off Cadillac products. Not because it broke down...it was reliable (for the most part)...but because it just wasn't up to the build quality and integration of my previous BMWs. Supposedly GM had spent a ton of engineering that STS platform, but it without a doubt down the chain from what BMW brings out. It was just not quality. I thank you because I was tempted by the new CTS Vsport. Looks great, performs great, "drives better than a beemer", etc. But I was reminded of how when I took the Caddy in to the dealer to let them know of a few issues, like the center console squeaked when you put your arm on it, they just said that is normal. BMW dealers would never say that. They would at least try to remedy the problem. I took for granted how well the BMW dealers treated me. And I was reminded of how the thing sort of felt cheap. And how and why I swore off Caddy's maybe forever. Hey, that CTS might be the Shizzle, but your post reminded of how I felt as a Caddy owner and I want no part of that again! Thanks and good luck.
Glad to know I'm not "crazy". I've been driving BMWs exclusively since 1994, and I guess I took the build quality and support system for granted.

I have to say the cars interior build quality is top notch, on par with anyone as is the suspension and steering. But the drivetrain is years behind.

#38 ·
USNdfw said:
I want to thank you for this post. I haven't logged in here in quite a while and I received an email with this topic as one of the latest posts. I had a CTS-V years ago and an STS-V that I sold only a year ago. When I sold it, I swore off Cadillac products. Not because it broke down...it was reliable (for the most part)...but because it just wasn't up to the build quality and integration of my previous BMWs. Supposedly GM had spent a ton of engineering that STS platform, but it without a doubt down the chain from what BMW brings out. It was just not quality. I thank you because I was tempted by the new CTS Vsport. Looks great, performs great, "drives better than a beemer", etc. But I was reminded of how when I took the Caddy in to the dealer to let them know of a few issues, like the center console squeaked when you put your arm on it, they just said that is normal. BMW dealers would never say that. They would at least try to remedy the problem. I took for granted how well the BMW dealers treated me. And I was reminded of how the thing sort of felt cheap. And how and why I swore off Caddy's maybe forever. Hey, that CTS might be the Shizzle, but your post reminded of how I felt as a Caddy owner and I want no part of that again! Thanks and good luck.
Glad to know I'm not "crazy". I've been driving BMWs exclusively since 1994, and I guess I took the build quality and support system for granted.

I have to say the cars interior build quality is top notch, on par with anyone as is the suspension and steering. But the drivetrain is years behind.

----------

Maxplot said:
Fraggy, most of your issues sound like they might be or could be fixed with a future software update. I hope so.
That's what I've been hoping for a long time, hence my frustration. They released the ATS like 15 months ago and still no help.

#41 ·
Maxplot said:
Ok... how did you break your glove box?
Sadly, I don't know... I just went to open it one day and handle didn't unlatch it.

----------

donavo said:
He doesn't like to talk about it. But from what I picked up so far, things were getting steamy in the back seat and he violently reached for the condoms in the glove box.
Actually… This version sounds a lot better than mine, I'm going with this one!!!

#42 ·
Some cars are gonna have problems, sounds more like a dealership issue. And as for other cars, they have problems as well, I had a lemon and a half, (Audi s4) took car back, and beloved BMW you speak so highly of was compensated nicely, but still didn't make up for time and frustration. Understand your frustration. Cadillac/GM will make sure your happy. I don't see a lemon case for a glove box latch which I don't understand how it broke as was never explained, just to be honest, posting how your upside down in your finance, then screaming lemon in a blog will never help from a legal standpoint.

#43 ·
I owned a couple Audi A4's and would never say that my Caddy felt cheap compared to them. A good friend of mine owned back to back BMW's from 04 to 06 and hated them. He was a CEO and chose the BMW's as his company cars but had nothing but problems one after another. He then went to Audi because he liked my car and swore it was a far better car than either of his Beamers. I personally think the issues he had with the Beamers were not the norm but it still didn't change his opinion of them. The bottom line is you can have problems with any of these cars and a good or bad dealer can be the difference maker.

#44 ·
Jerzeyboy730 said:
Some cars are gonna have problems, sounds more like a dealership issue. And as for other cars, they have problems as well, I had a lemon and a half, (Audi s4) took car back, and beloved BMW you speak so highly of was compensated nicely, but still didn't make up for time and frustration. Understand your frustration. Cadillac/GM will make sure your happy. I don't see a lemon case for a glove box latch which I don't understand how it broke as was never explained, just to be honest, posting how your upside down in your finance, then screaming lemon in a blog will never help from a legal standpoint.
Hello Sir, I take it from your response that diligence escaped you when reading my posts and you instead chose indolence prior to posting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.