worst car I ever owned part 2......Thank you Cadillac.....I'm still stunned :-)
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, worst car I ever owned part 2......Thank you Cadillac.....I'm still stunned :-) in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I won't spend the time retyping my issues they can be read here . at some point in the middle ...
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

worst car I ever owned part 2......Thank you Cadillac.....I'm still stunned :-)

I won't spend the time retyping my issues they can be read here. at some point in the middle of these issues Cadillac customer service had been in contact with my dealership and eventually contacted me and after one last hurrah to fix my car during its last oil change the dealership reported they could not fix my car without a factory fix, thus Cadillac decided to take my car back and sell me a new one.

my beautiful 2013 opulent blue turbo standard ATS is no longer mine, I'm now the proud papa of a 2014 phantom gray/ morello red turbo premium. I'm frankly stunned, pleased, proud of the brand, giddy with a new toy, and maybe one or two more emotions I can't ID yet. during this journey I was never upset, frustrated at times, but never upset, I pretty much knew I was throwing caution to the wind buying an early build car 3 months in existence, but I got some great pictures, a lot of subject matter to chat about, and through it all I still had a fun car.

a heartfelt thank you to Cadillac and the great people there, they really do care....too bad bluey was bad, I wanted her to be great otherwise I would not have invested in her, but Cadillac wanted to and succeeded in making me feel that it was not a bad choice, and now on to new experiences and new stories......again thank you Cadillac.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Re: worst car I ever owned part 2......Thank you Cadillac.....I'm still stunned :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    I won't spend the time retyping my issues they can be read here. at some point in the middle of these issues Cadillac customer service had been in contact with my dealership and eventually contacted me and after one last hurrah to fix my car during its last oil change the dealership reported they could not fix my car without a factory fix, thus Cadillac decided to take my car back and sell me a new one.

my beautiful 2013 opulent blue turbo standard ATS is no longer mine, I'm now the proud papa of a 2014 phantom gray/ morello red turbo premium. I'm frankly stunned, pleased, proud of the brand, giddy with a new toy, and maybe one or two more emotions I can't ID yet. during this journey I was never upset, frustrated at times, but never upset, I pretty much knew I was throwing caution to the wind buying an early build car 3 months in existence, but I got some great pictures, a lot of subject matter to chat about, and through it all I still had a fun car.

a heartfelt thank you to Cadillac and the great people there, they really do care....too bad bluey was bad, I wanted her to be great otherwise I would not have invested in her, but Cadillac wanted to and succeeded in making me feel that it was not a bad choice, and now on to new experiences and new stories......again thank you Cadillac.
    Thats awesome to hear! Wheres the pics!?

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: worst car I ever owned part 2......Thank you Cadillac.....I'm still stunned :-)

Wook, What was the factory fix that broke the camels back so to speak? Bluey has had many an ailment but other than CUE and the rattle what could not be fixed?

JSATS is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Great to hear that what Cadillac and GM did for me wasn't a fluke. They treated me great and let me order a brand new replacement. While I was bummed with the problems I had with my 13 I never got upset with the dealer or rep. I never raised my voice or demanded anything from them. I always acted like a gentleman and treated everybody involved with respect and was then treated the same way by them. I was also very surprised when they told me I could order a new 14 if there wasn't a 13 around that I liked. Great job Cadillac and GM for stepping up and doing the right thing.
    rueben44 and Jones atsnh like this.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Hey POW and JSATS, glad to hear that it has all been sorted out and that you are now the papas' of brand new, non-beta, ATSs. I wouldn't mind getting a '14 ATS, gratis, but unfortunately for me, my beta-ATS, although into the dealership for several issues, runs just fine...only sort of kidding...but really could use and updated, faster, CUE (like the one in the '14s).

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by off1c3r View Post
    I agree! I would love to see this color combo! Glad to read that your issue was resolved to your satisfaction.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Glad to see Cadillac stepped up and took car of you. I guess that really is Cadillac Style...
    Like you, I have Opulent Blue and I think I'd like that combo too.

ATS
    ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Performance AWD T

Glad to see CAdillac customer service is doing good work in the US, happy for you OP

Now it'S time for them to take care of Canadian customers as well who even paid 30% more for the car

nothing wrong with a manufacturer having few lemons on the first year of a totally new type of car as long as they take acre of their customers
    JavaGirl likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Wow....

Well done Cadillac!

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Awesome. Enjoy the new car
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Wook, What was the factory fix that broke the camels back so to speak? Bluey has had many an ailment but other than CUE and the rattle what could not be fixed?
    basically the whole audio system, CUE reprogrammed 3 or 4 times, interior torn apart 4 times until they discovered the unfixable seat-belt retractor, but every time Customer service spoke with me they were floored by broken turbo, broken exhaust manifold, bad steering wheel, and power steering failure. but they threw in the towel when the dealer told them they couldn't fix it until the factory came up with a fix.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Great to hear that what Cadillac and GM did for me wasn't a fluke. They treated me great and let me order a brand new replacement. While I was bummed with the problems I had with my 13 I never got upset with the dealer or rep. I never raised my voice or demanded anything from them. I always acted like a gentleman and treated everybody involved with respect and was then treated the same way by them. I was also very surprised when they told me I could order a new 14 if there wasn't a 13 around that I liked. Great job Cadillac and GM for stepping up and doing the right thing.
    Same here, like i said i was never upset, and in good spirits about the whole thing, seems there's truth to "killing them with kindness"
    Jones atsnh and GJB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by off1c3r View Post
    photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    photo 3.JPG

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Beautiful.

Cadzilla8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
    Wow that color is very nice indeed. Little more subdued than opulent blue but is good looking color if you don't want to stand out as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadzilla8 View Post
    Wow that color is very nice indeed. Little more subdued than opulent blue but is good looking color if you don't want to stand out as much.
    ok, so you just struck at the heart of one of my dilemmas selecting this car, the opulent blue is gorgeous, in fact when i bought bluey my wife told me don't you dare come home with a blue one.....and i did..oops....she hates blue cars, but has fallen in love with the opulent blue, and she even said she was a little sad i didn't get another blue one, so by far my favorite ATS color, in fact i probably got more compliments on the color than the car itself, even though you hardly saw any around. Morello red on the other hand is by far my favorite interior, for years i've said to friends and loved ones, if i ever get the opportunity red is the only interior for me, mainly because you rarely see it on anything less than an exotic car, and carbon fiber is also one of my favorite things, from my being an F1 fan, to my bicycles (handlebars, seatposts, frames), to my wallet (HuMn wallet carbon) to even my carbon fiber inlayed tungsten wedding band. and unluckily (luckily more like it a red/blue car would only be missing a white star on the hood)for me Cadillac does not allow them to be together, so what to do? go favorite outside or inside? it came down to Diamond black or phantom gray (actually thunder gray but that is discontinued) as my next favorite colors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.