First significant snow in buffalo!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, First significant snow in buffalo! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I am pleased to report my 3.6 awd with Dunlop winter maxx was flawless. 4-5 inches in the buffalo south ...
    bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

First significant snow in buffalo!

I am pleased to report my 3.6 awd with Dunlop winter maxx was flawless. 4-5 inches in the buffalo south towns of snow/slush mix and grip was awesome...no problems at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Re: First significant snow in buffalo!

been in winter conditions for awhile too now - agree the car is very very capable with the awd+snow tires.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Nice! It is good to hear that AWD system is serving you guys up in the north very well.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Anyone drive on snow with the performance summer tires? I don't get a lot of snow where I live, but we do get some. It would not be worth it for me to buy winter tires for the amount of snow we get. I imagine that I will just leave the car in the garage when it snows and let my wife drop me off at work.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    Anyone drive on snow with the performance summer tires? I don't get a lot of snow where I live, but we do get some. It would not be worth it for me to buy winter tires for the amount of snow we get. I imagine that I will just leave the car in the garage when it snows and let my wife drop me off at work.
    Bad, bad idea. 2 years ago we had that freak October snow storm in the Northeast. I still had my summers on my Legacy, since the AX season wasn't over. I made it home from work, but it was squirrely. There was hardly a coating on the road.

Winter tires are not only for handling frozen precipitation. As the temperature drops, so will the performance of summers. I've ran Star Specs in temps as low as ~37F and they were still relatively grippy, but it was bone dry.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

we had about 6" of snow last night, I'm RWD(manual) with the stock tires and I managed lol

And you'll continue to "manage" fine, until the first time you end up in the ditch...backwards. Hopefully that actual scenario won't happen but if you seriously think the stock, hard as rock, "all season" run-flats are as good as a real winter tire well....

I know winter wheels are obviously best, I had a cobalt with Pirelli Pzeros and those wouldn't even move in the snow, I got blizzaks for that car. I just wanted to see if these all seasons were better, and by manage I mean "didn't really have an issue"

Just sayin'...keep the shiney side up!

heh will do, if I had the 18" wheels with the sport tires I'd be more concerned, but these "all seasons" that it comes with actually aren't bad, just dont be an idiot haha!

mong8se is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium 6M Thunder Gray/Morello Red

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    heh will do, if I had the 18" wheels with the sport tires I'd be more concerned, but these "all seasons" that it comes with actually aren't bad, just dont be an idiot haha!
    I'm that idiot with the 18" staggered wheels and the summer tires in the snow. We just had snow flurries in SE Michigan, a light dusting, like 1/4" accumulation. Traction control came on briefly, maybe twice driving home through it. Was actually surprised at how uneventful it was.

My winter tires finally got to Costco today, and my winter wheels are sitting in my garage. Probably won't get everything installed until Monday due to the holiday.

Anz
    Anz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    We had our first snowfall today up here in Montreal - my RWD 2.0T performed great with the Nokians that she is now running. Very confident driving today, no issues at all, actually pretty fun!

hehe RWD in the snow is a blast

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Glad everyone is having fun in the snow! We had another foot or so in the last few days and man am I happy....gun it in snow and it just goes! Amazing the difference with snow tires. I've religiously run blizzaks for many years, but these dunlops seem just as good! I do a lot of driving south of buffalo in the "snow belt" near several ski resorts where we can get a couple feet of snow in an instant and so far, not an issue.

brucehammond is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS, 2013 ATS 2.5
    I just did my first donuts in years! Lots of fun

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.