One Month Since I took delivery
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, One Month Since I took delivery in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; It has been one month since I took delivery of my 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Premium vehicle. There is so ...
    Trailblazer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS AWD 2.0T Premium

One Month Since I took delivery

It has been one month since I took delivery of my 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Premium vehicle. There is so much to like with this car. I just turned 1000 miles today and it has been a joy driving it. I love CUE, with its quirks. It has more feaatures and customizations than I was expecting. The ability to send a destination to the Dash Navigation using my cell phone is really nice. Bluetooth integration with my phone has also worked really well. With 3 fill ups so far, I am averaging 22.5 MPG. Not too bad. I like the HUD and the ability to display the Speed limit on the HUD from the onboard database. So I am able to see the current speed aand the speed limit. The HUD also switches seamlessly from Speed to Next Turn during Navigation. I like how it is all integrated. The heated seats and steering wheel are nice now that winter is settling in.

So far I have changed all the Interior lights, License Plate lights and Reverse lights to LEDs, which has improved the look. Even when idling with the lights on, the car looks impressive.

It also does have its quirks. Here are my 3 main concerns:
    1. Once when I was setting up a destination uning the touch screen, CUE rebooted. I dont like to see my car reboot, even if it was only CUE.
    2. I like to set the center display on the dash to show Audio settings (Radio station, etc.). However, when I start the car, CUE randomly changes that display to show speedometer. There is no rational for when it is doing it. It is not related to which key FOB I use since the second key FOB is in a safe place since I took delivery and has never been used. The left and right displays are unafffected.
    3. I like the ability to remote start the car on cold days, whether it is from the Key FOB or Remote Link. However, yesterday it was 18 degrees. I tried to remote start the car with the FOB, but it did not start. I tried several times with the same result. So then I tried to start it with Remote Link. After a minute, Remote Link reported that I cannot do a remote start when a Key FOB is in the car. However, I had one FOB with me and the other one was upstairs. None was in the car. A little disconcerting.

Even with its faults, the car is fun to drive. I hope Cadillac updates CUE to fix these problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD
    Trailblazer - if you're not seeing a lot of responses it's for two reasons. One, they tucked a CUE forum in another area of the forum, and two, fix-my-cue fatigue. I love the car. Even got used to the touch and slider controls. But they did promise there would be updates and apps, and those of us who have complained have sort of given up.
    I love my ATS and don't regret the purchase. Have even had great help and customer service - on everything but CUE.
    I think his will be my last car where I bother to get high-end NAV or stereo. A good set of speakers with audio input will be fine - I do that now with my ipad.
    And the Navigon, Google and Apple maps are great. I even have traffic with Navigon for a $2 one-time charge.
    Cadillac should be responsive cause they did promise that. But hey are not alone. My wife has Ford Sync and it's okay but they don't provide the updates they suggested when we bought the car. And honestly, I'm not going to pay $199 every one or two years for map updates. I guess the other technology available is going to hurt the auto makers' approach to audio and NAV. My daughter didn't bother and uses her smartphone for everything.

Maxplot is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Re: One Month Since I took delivery

I really like CUE. There was a learning curve, but it is rather intuitive, like an iPad.

That being said, I do want updates to come in a timely manner. New apps would be nice as well. I can't believe that there has only been one update (that I know of) for CUE, back in the spring if I recall. They should be on version 2.0 by now. I would love to see the Nav app improved with higher data resolution that shows more information on the map (town names, street names, streets!). From other posts it looks like if you live in the more populated areas the Nav data is better but for me in the plains it is very lacking once I drive out of town.

Also, I would like CUE to add more voice integration for things like temperature control. But I am happy with CUE overall.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Overall I like the CUE, but there are some quirks that GM could fix. An update would be nice.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I'm am not happy. Too many bugs. The car forgets almost all preferences. Also, it's programmed to require needless touches that could be completed easier by voice as a simultaneous options.

thegabbycat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer
    It has been one month since I took delivery of my 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Premium vehicle. There is so much to like with this car. I just turned 1000 miles today and it has been a joy driving it. I love CUE, with its quirks. It has more feaatures and customizations than I was expecting. The ability to send a destination to the Dash Navigation using my cell phone is really nice. Bluetooth integration with my phone has also worked really well. With 3 fill ups so far, I am averaging 22.5 MPG. Not too bad. I like the HUD and the ability to display the Speed limit on the HUD from the onboard database. So I am able to see the current speed aand the speed limit. The HUD also switches seamlessly from Speed to Next Turn during Navigation. I like how it is all integrated. The heated seats and steering wheel are nice now that winter is settling in.

So far I have changed all the Interior lights, License Plate lights and Reverse lights to LEDs, which has improved the look. Even when idling with the lights on, the car looks impressive.

It also does have its quirks. Here are my 3 main concerns:
    [*][*]Once when I was setting up a destination uning the touch screen, CUE rebooted. I dont like to see my car reboot, even if it was only CUE.[*][*]I like to set the center display on the dash to show Audio settings (Radio station, etc.). However, when I start the car, CUE randomly changes that display to show speedometer. There is no rational for when it is doing it. It is not related to which key FOB I use since the second key FOB is in a safe place since I took delivery and has never been used. The left and right displays are unafffected.[*]I like the ability to remote start the car on cold days, whether it is from the Key FOB or Remote Link. However, yesterday it was 18 degrees. I tried to remote start the car with the FOB, but it did not start. I tried several times with the same result. So then I tried to start it with Remote Link. After a minute, Remote Link reported that I cannot do a remote start when a Key FOB is in the car. However, I had one FOB with me and the other one was upstairs. None was in the car. A little disconcerting.

Even with its faults, the car is fun to drive. I hope Cadillac updates CUE to fix these problems.
    For the second cue problem above, I have it as well. I have a 2013ATS and a 2014 XTS. Both vehicles have the same Driver Information Console. Both cars have the same issue. We keep the center display showing the compass. Sometimes it changes to audio mode or to speedometer mode. I can not reproduce the problem

kadillac75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats 2.0t 6mt

Hi, I took delivery of my 2014 ats 2.0t (rwd) just a week ago and having the same driver info system reset issue. The dealer already tried to reload the software and reprogrammed the keys, no change. Randomly will switch to speedometer, even after I deselected as an available page in the settings. Taking it in again tomorrow as I'm also getting interference with my keys in my area and can't lock or unlock using the remotes (thank onstar for their app else I wouldn't be able to sleep with it unlocked overnight..)
    I will share how it goes.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kadillac75 View Post
    Hi, I took delivery of my 2014 ats 2.0t (rwd) just a week ago and having the same driver info system reset issue. The dealer already tried to reload the software and reprogrammed the keys, no change. Randomly will switch to speedometer, even after I deselected as an available page in the settings. Taking it in again tomorrow as I'm also getting interference with my keys in my area and can't lock or unlock using the remotes (thank onstar for their app else I wouldn't be able to sleep with it unlocked overnight..)
    I will share how it goes.
    Hello kadillac75,

Congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2014 ATS. I hope you are enjoying your Cadillac! I am sorry to hear of the concern you are experiencing with the driver information system. I see you are already working with your dealer to try and resolve this. If you would like to further discuss your situation and have my involvement while working with your dealer, please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, and dealer name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.