I have some 0-60 times
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I have some 0-60 times in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Finally had a chance to do some 0-60 runs using a g timer . My 2.0 T is stock with ...
    transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I have some 0-60 times

Finally had a chance to do some 0-60 runs using a g timer . My 2.0 T is stock with 1100 miles on it with m/s tires . Using various techniques I got some good times. 5.6 , 5.57 , 5.4 , 5.32 , 5.27 . I have a phadt intake and tune on the way . I have a bad feeling the m/s tires are not going to have enough grip after the intake install . But I'll try to get some good times . I'm going to get some custom wheels when winter is over .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by transam00 View Post
    Finally had a chance to do some 0-60 runs using a g timer . My 2.0 T is stock with 1100 miles on it with m/s tires . Using various techniques I got some good times. 5.6 , 5.57 , 5.4 , 5.32 , 5.27 . I have a phadt intake and tune on the way . I have a bad feeling the m/s tires are not going to have enough grip after the intake install . But I'll try to get some good times . I'm going to get some custom wheels when winter is over .
    That is some amazing 0-60 times. ..I don't understand. Was it all downhill? How did you get better times than advertised?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    How were the times measured?

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: I have some 0-60 times

In his first sentence he says he used a G Timer which is made by Passport

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Sorry, I was referring to the "various techniques" part. But reading it again, I think he means driving techniques.

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

That is ok I don't think those are as accurate as the ones that actually plug into the DLC anyways.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I have a phadt intake and tune on the way . I have a bad feeling the m/s tires are not going to have enough grip after the intake install.
    Are you skipping the downpipe? Looking forward to hearing your results and impressions of the PFADT tune. They have a black friday deal of 15% off and I'm tempted to buy the P35 kit but I want more miles and time on the car stock to see if any issues are going to pop-up.

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

If I find some time over the 4 day weekend, I'll plug my Trinity into my ATS and see what I get for 0-60 based on OBDII data.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

for the record, with my OBD2 port reading, best i could get without launching was in the upper 6's. one time with a small launch i managed to get it into the 5s but no where near what OP got.

The g timer is very accurate and I think it compensates for slight uphill and downhill not that was my situation . I'm not going to tell my tricks but I'll say if you leave it in auto your loosing a sec. Or more . I have the base car with small 17" wheels and tires . Definitely faster than 18, 19" wheels.

The g timer is very accurate and I think it compensates for slight uphill and downhill not that was my situation . I'm not going to tell my tricks but I'll say if you leave it in auto your loosing a sec. Or more . I have the base car with small 17" wheels and tires . Definitely faster than 18, 19" wheels.
    idk about that. i had the 17 inch base wheels. with those runflats, those wheels alltogether are HEAVY, rims alone are about 24 lbs if i remember corerctly. and the runflats are about that much too. switching those to 18 inch lighter rims, with non-runflats is gonna b better. and i assume u put it in manual mode in that case and hold the brakes and launch. but even with that, i dont see how it could be a better launch than real manual with a clutch. i think the G timer doesnt realize its been moved for a few moments in the initial part of your launches. but idk. ive never even seen this timer or heard of it so i cant say its bad or good. either way, if thats the real times then cadillac measured it all wrong, which is very unlikely

The g timer is the real deal . It gives 0-100 in 10 mile intervals, 60ft times 1/8 and 1/4 times . Lateral g force spike and continuous .it also calibrates before each run. I think you can even plug a laptop into it to compare lap times! Wow your telling me each tire and wheel is 50 lbs. Holy shit.

The g timer is the real deal . It gives 0-100 in 10 mile intervals, 60ft times 1/8 and 1/4 times . Lateral g force spike and continuous .it also calibrates before each run. I think you can even plug a laptop into it to compare lap times! Wow your telling me each tire and wheel is 50 lbs. Holy shit.
    yeah dude its not light at all. i thought it was too but compared to regular non runflats, the runflat tires are 2x heavier if not more. then again, i dont know how much the stock 18s weigh or if those come with runflats too. im only comparing it to my own aftermarket wheels.

If it stops raining here I'll post my best run. 60 ft 1/8 mile and mph.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I prefer a drag strip or going off the ECM data compared to hand held instrumentation. In the past I've seen people post optimistic 1/4 times that were unable to be replicated at the track. The handhelds are ok for confirming improvements from major modifications or improvements in driving skill.

Donavo, a few thoughts here. I agree that runflats are heavier but the difference is more like 4 - 7 lbs depending upon tire size (assuming stock ATS sizes). Often the weight savings is enough to allow for an upsized tire & rim package and still save weight. Given a typical not runflat is going to be 20 - 25lbs for stock ATS sizes, that is less than a 50% increase in weight. For example the stock size 17" Michelin MXM4 weighs 22lbs, while the MxM4 ZP (runflat) weighs 27lbs.

Moving on to the OP, his 17" tires have more sidewall than will someone using an 18" or 19" rim. Smaller wheel size means the aspect ratio is higher and more sidewall provides for better flex at launch. I realize that runflats don't have much flex, but for drag racing I'll start with the smaller rim if I have a choice. If the OP doesn't have them fully inflated (deliberately or simply due to the cold weather) they'll launch better than a fully inflated 18" tire of the same compound. Also remember the OP is in PA. It's not exactly hot this time of year so the OP could be testing in low DA air. Low DA = more power. It's very possible the OP is testing in lower DA than used for reported specs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.