Are the Earth's magnetic fields to blame?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Are the Earth's magnetic fields to blame? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Interestingly, my previously (and subsequently) perfect ATS experience a gauntlet of previously reported problems on my 2,000 mile weekend trip ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Are the Earth's magnetic fields to blame?

Interestingly, my previously (and subsequently) perfect ATS experience a gauntlet of previously reported problems on my 2,000 mile weekend trip to Austin a week ago.

Specifically:

The trunk opened itself twice.

It stalled once while coming to a stop with the clutch to the floor.

The voice nav commands said turn right instead of left (or vice versa) 3 times (at least) contrary to the arrows and correct directions.

And there was one other that has slipped my mind at the moment.

Since none of these happened before or since, its seems logical to attribute them to the different magnetic fields that I drove thru for the first time.

Am I on to something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Re: Are the Earth's magnetic fields to blame?

The key point was the trunk opening...so trunk monkeys are to blame, obviously!
    ben.gators and MikeySF like this.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

on a secondary point, how did the odometer do? was it accurate??

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

You've always had those issues, but they were small. Everything gets bigger in Texas...lol
    Hoosier Daddy and Ihuntv8 like this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

did you go for the race? i was there had a blast

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    on a secondary point, how did the odometer do? was it accurate??
    Yeah, the odometer matched what Google maps said it was to the hotel. So it's as accurate as Google.

But I wasn't able to get round trip fuel mileage for my 2.0T. I mean I was able but its of no use. My co-driver drives a 5 speed manual and didn't realize the ATS was a 6 speed and drove his stints in 5th gear. Doh!

I have the paper gas receipts with odometer readings so can calculate for the legs I drove.

And I can report that the collision sensors do NOT respond to giant armadillos at night. Had to use maximum braking from 80 MPH to miss one when it ran into the headlights beams and froze. Good thing there wasn't anyone behind us.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    did you go for the race? i was there had a blast
    Of course. Was all great except the combination of high prices AND poor quality for anything bought at the track. I'm used to high prices but reasonable quality so was not very impressed with the food. Watched the race from turn 11. Didn't expect SV to doughnut there so didn't have camera ready on the cool down lap. Did get a piece of clag from the area while walking the track afterwards which I declare came from the doughnuts.

It was pretty funny how the track owners didn't want anyone to get unpaid advertising. They had a crew out spray painting over adverts that were painted on the runoff areas before the podium ceremonies were over. I guess to keep passing airliners from seeing the ads beyond the paid up time. LoL

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Oh cool, I was up the hill from you on turn 9 love that spot can see half the track this is my second year same grandstand .... Was in the grass to the right of turn 1 next to main grandstand during qualifying.... Love COTA.... My buddy had a gps watch on we walked 6 miles a day there, and I feel ya on the prices I spent $1300 on food, booze and 2 redbull and one mclaren beanies that weekend.... Lol but that's non stop drinking from wheels up on the plane in San Diego to the whole time in Austin and back..... One crazy moment was due to all the private jets in for the race one decided to cross our runway while we were landing caused us to abort landing just as we were seconds from touchdown..... Overall a fantastic time

l.cassar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I've never seen a car with more bugs. It's like a cellphone update without beta testing. I sent directions to onstar in the vehicle 3 times, waited 10 minutes each time while driving. The car received none of them.

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance
    Sorry to hear about the recent barrage of bugs you gents are experiencing on the ATS.... I am punching out gents I tried with this car but far too inconsistent with all of the quirks. It would not be so bad if I actually got a look from "any" service advisor that they both understand and can fix even the most minor of issues.Love the car...truly but had to cut it loose when the power steering failed. Back to my trusty Vette...got my buy back approved and ordered my 2014 Stingray today.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrown450
    Sorry to hear about the recent barrage of bugs you gents are experiencing on the ATS.... I am punching out gents I tried with this car but far too inconsistent with all of the quirks. It would not be so bad if I actually got a look from "any" service advisor that they both understand and can fix even the most minor of issues.Love the car...truly but had to cut it loose when the power steering failed. Back to my trusty Vette...got my buy back approved and ordered my 2014 Stingray today.
    from one first year model to another? New vette is going to be awesome.

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance
    ya think ..I can't tell you the hole I bit in my cheek withe every article I read on the new C7, God parted the sea and I did not stick around to ask "why". I am 55 and live for the now and will likely not get another opportunity to get one. I really wanted the ATS to work, lord knows I tried. I think that Caddie does not fully comprehend what they have in this car and how they have such a little window to get these cars dialed in for those that so hope to have a trouble free experience. I hope it all works out and they get a handle on it.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrown450
    ya think ..I can't tell you the hole I bit in my cheek withe every article I read on the new C7, God parted the sea and I did not stick around to ask "why". I am 55 and live for the now and will likely not get another opportunity to get one. I really wanted the ATS to work, lord knows I tried. I think that Caddie does not fully comprehend what they have in this car and how they have such a little window to get these cars dialed in for those that so hope to have a trouble free experience. I hope it all works out and they get a handle on it.
    I hear ya. They seem to have no desire to fix these things. It's been year now. When ppl ask about my car, it's gone from OMG to "it's good, but..." Not the greatest way to feel about a car I just bought 7 months ago.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

There is a fix issued for the trunk openings I am getting it done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    There is a fix issued for the trunk openings I am getting it done soon.
    Do you know if it involves disabling the electric release or gluing a sandbag to the top of the trunk lid?

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    Do you know if it involves disabling the electric release or gluing a sandbag to the top of the trunk lid?
    It's a mild electric shock delivered from your key fob to let you know to go close the trunk.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.