ATS Coupe January NAIAS
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CTSCHICK
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS Coupe January NAIAS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; It says here the ATS Coupe will bow in at the January North American International Auto Show. http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-ats-coupe.html#...
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

ATS Coupe January NAIAS

It says here the ATS Coupe will bow in at the January North American International Auto Show.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-ats-coupe.html#
    Ancient Mariner likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HandletheTruth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: ATS Coupe January NAIAS

Was really hoping they would pair the 8-speed, Aisin sourced auto transmission (that is in the new CTS V-Sport V6 twin turbo and the Lexus LS460) with the ATS turbo four. This would provide better acceleration, fuel economy and less engine drone (cruises at lower RPM). GM is missing an opportunity to address one of the relatively few areas that the ATS is not competitive with the the 3 series, etc. They should also consider introducing eAssist to get better fuel economy. GM, this is not the time to stop investing in product.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by HandletheTruth View Post
    Was really hoping they would pair the 8-speed, Aisin sourced auto transmission (that is in the new CTS V-Sport V6 twin turbo and the Lexus LS460) with the ATS turbo four. This would provide better acceleration, fuel economy and less engine drone (cruises at lower RPM). GM is missing an opportunity to address one of the relatively few areas that the ATS is not competitive with the the 3 series, etc. They should also consider introducing eAssist to get better fuel economy. GM, this is not the time to stop investing in product.
    I agree the 8 speed can't come too soon for all engines, but I think the 2.0 is the engine that LEAST needs it because it has the best torque curve by far of the three engines.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I will also be interested to see the different styling cues and interior details as I'm sure they will carry into the 2015 ATS sedan refresh.

jpenn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

ATS Coupe would not be my first choice for a Caddy coupe but seeing that a CTS coupe will be a long way off if at all I'll have to consider an ATS coupe for my next car. Presently own an 09 CTS sedan premium 3.6 and really like it. However, I'm a coupe guy and my next one will be a coupe. Now, with that said, I've test driven a 2014 BMW 428ix and must say it's a very impressive car. Styling, handling and performance are superb, especially for a 4 cyl. I don't care for the type of leather they use and the nav screen appears to be a very bad add on. Someone said it looks like an iPad taped to the dash. I'll wait for the ATS coupe before I make my decision but it has to be a lot more than a 2 door ATS, hopfully it will be longer, lower and wider than the sedan similar to the 4 series compared to the 3 and take some styling cues from the new CTS front end.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

With the next Gen Camaro coming out in a couple years sharing the same platform I do not think they really had a choice with which was first.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    ATS Coupe would not be my first choice for a Caddy coupe but seeing that a CTS coupe will be a long way off if at all I'll have to consider an ATS coupe for my next car. Presently own an 09 CTS sedan premium 3.6 and really like it. However, I'm a coupe guy and my next one will be a coupe. Now, with that said, I've test driven a 2014 BMW 428ix and must say it's a very impressive car. Styling, handling and performance are superb, especially for a 4 cyl. I don't care for the type of leather they use and the nav screen appears to be a very bad add on. Someone said it looks like an iPad taped to the dash. I'll wait for the ATS coupe before I make my decision but it has to be a lot more than a 2 door ATS, hopfully it will be longer, lower and wider than the sedan similar to the 4 series compared to the 3 and take some styling cues from the new CTS front end.
    While all cars are a matter of taste, I must say IMHO, that the new 4-series was a bit underwhelming to me. Granted, I never test drove it, but based on looks alone, it is not just appealing. The MB E-series coupe and definitely the Audi A5/S5 are much better looking than the Bimmer. I would also disagree with a larger coupe. One reason I like my CTS coupe is that it was shorter and lower than the sedan. A coupe should have a sporty appearance which they did incredibly well with the CTS. Now, hopefully with the fully realized ATS coupe it will keep Cadillac in the coupe game since the CTS coupe will be gone.

jpenn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    While all cars are a matter of taste, I must say IMHO, that the new 4-series was a bit underwhelming to me. Granted, I never test drove it, but based on looks alone, it is not just appealing. The MB E-series coupe and definitely the Audi A5/S5 are much better looking than the Bimmer. I would also disagree with a larger coupe. One reason I like my CTS coupe is that it was shorter and lower than the sedan. A coupe should have a sporty appearance which they did incredibly well with the CTS. Now, hopefully with the fully realized ATS coupe it will keep Cadillac in the coupe game since the CTS coupe will be gone.
    Iguess that's why there are different cars, so people can choose what they like. I disagree completely with your choices. Of the 3 Germans I think MB and Audi run a distant second to BMW. But that's OK. While I'm at it. Has anyone seen any new renderings of the ATS coupe since the latest spy pics were published. All the renderings I've seen are with notch backs which is not what the spy pics shows.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.