New possible ATS owner. Need help
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, New possible ATS owner. Need help in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys, I'm looking into buying an ATS within the next month or so. I really want to get a ...
    fullo06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 3.6L CTS w/sports package

New possible ATS owner. Need help

Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying an ATS within the next month or so. I really want to get a CTS-V, but being that I commute quite a bit to work an ATS might be the better option.

I've already test driven a 3.6 performance and I was quite impressed. The only knock I have on the car is the lack of room (compared to my first gen CTS).

Here's one I have been looking at:

http://www.stewartcadillac.com/Vehic...-TX/2050381393

Is this a good deal? Is there more possible haggle room with the dealer to lower the price even more?

Any info/tips on car buying would help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Re: New possible ATS owner. Need help

I think if you go to the dealer and make him an offer with the intent of buying right then and there he will be willing and eager. Remember the 14's have been out for awhile and the 13's need to go.

OCD Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Sedan

I was in your shoes 6 weeks ago difference being I was ordering a 2014. I to was debating a CTS-V and the ATS 3.6 premium. I have always wanted a CTS-V but I to have a decent drive to work and talked myself into the ATS 3.6. So 6 weeks ago I ordered an ATS, at first I was really excited about getting the ATS but as time wore on I started to second guess my decision. Well a week ago today I changed my mind to a CTS-V coupe. I just had a gut feeling if I had bought the
    ATS I wouldve gotten bored with it. This isnt a knock on the ATS I really think its a fantastic car but for me I need just a little more to keep my interest.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD
    Seems like a decent price, but check around at other dealers. As mentioned, if you go in with checkbook in hand, you maybe able to shave some more off the price.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I think if you go to the dealer and make him an offer with the intent of buying right then and there he will be willing and eager. Remember the 14's have been out for awhile and the 13's need to go.
    Know going in that if you buy a 2013, you are basically buying a year old car when it comes to eventual resale value so make sure you negotiate up and not down in the price. Know the dealer cost and then perform a search on similar deals in your area. If you're buying, I believe their is a 0% financing offer for the 2013s so use that as well and don't let the dealer use that against you as an excuse to raise the price as it's a manufacturer-based incentive. The dealer will always try to push both the public and the non-public manufacturer incentives first, however make sure they have some skin in the game as well. Good luck!

Drwilsc is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD Premium White Diamond

You do have to remember that the CTS-V is the previous generation CTS is is basically a 6 year old design. The ATS is a much newer designed car.

fullo06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 3.6L CTS w/sports package

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    Know going in that if you buy a 2013, you are basically buying a year old car when it comes to eventual resale value so make sure you negotiate up and not down in the price. Know the dealer cost and then perform a search on similar deals in your area. If you're buying, I believe their is a 0% financing offer for the 2013s so use that as well and don't let the dealer use that against you as an excuse to raise the price as it's a manufacturer-based incentive. The dealer will always try to push both the public and the non-public manufacturer incentives first, however make sure they have some skin in the game as well. Good luck!
    Yeah the dealer tried pushing onto me that either take the cash off rebates (totaling about 7k off msrp) OR take the 0% APR for 60 months at MSRP. That sounded like BS to me, but I plan on returning in a week with similar deals in the area and all my info straight.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by fullo06 View Post
    Yeah the dealer tried pushing onto me that either take the cash off rebates (totaling about 7k off msrp) OR take the 0% APR for 60 months at MSRP. That sounded like BS to me, but I plan on returning in a week with similar deals in the area and all my info straight.
    Absolutely! Take the 0% and then negotiate the price you're willing to pay for the car. Let the dealer figure out how to reach that number either using non-public manufacturer incentives or other dealer spiffs. Try to close a deal near the end of the month because the salesperson needs to retire quota and the dealership doesn't want to may on their loan in order to keep the car on their lot another month.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.