Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." !
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just a small rant I would like to make, if you please Folks, when you buy the ATS, you aren't ...
    73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." !

Just a small rant I would like to make, if you please

Folks, when you buy the ATS, you aren't paying the $40K for all the niceties you can get on a fully loaded HyToyKiChev; you are paying the $40K for the right to drive one of the best, if not the best, sport sedans on the road today. The $40K is used to cover the cost of that highly developed suspension, rigid but light structure, and high end materials used to support such a platform.

Please please please stop complaining about how your wife's brother's dog's base model $20K MazHoFo has integrated into it's accelerator pedal a Shoe Bottom Heated Dog Poo Removal System that mists the cabin with the sweet scent of lilacs, and that such a system isn't even offered on the ATS: all that that means is that that car does not have $40K driving dynamics, materials, and structure.

As has been noted elsewhere, many of the niceties on the ATS are only available in the higher trim levels and for greater cost, in order to encourage people to move up a trim level or two; but the fact remains that bare bones, the ATS is still a $40K platform, and that is its starting point.

If you wanted a lesser platform, a lesser automobile, but more Whiz Bang Gew-Gaws, well, then... you bought the wrong car, the wrong trim level, or both.

Thanks! I feel better!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Here...here

mong8se is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium 6M Thunder Gray/Morello Red

Re: Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." !

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    If you wanted a lesser platform, a lesser automobile, but more Whiz Bang Gew-Gaws, well, then... you bought the wrong car, the wrong trim level, or both.
    This is the important bit that people miss. The problem is the value of the platform can be hard to explain to a non auto-enthusiast who would've been just as happy in an understeering FWD. And they're the majority, they buy it for the Cadillac brand and the gee-gaws, thus creating the bulk of the volume that allows the car to be available to the auto-enthusiasts.

So unfortunately, we need them, but they're always going to complain about the gee-gaws.

FYI my 'X' is an ejector seat and smoke screen.
    73JPS likes this.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Very tempted to sticky this thread.
    ben.gators and mikesul like this.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Agree....so tired of "why isn't this standard on the lower models" bs...

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    I tend to think of this as the "Where's mine?" and "Everybody gets a trophy" phenomenon in today's society.
    Jakb likes this.

mong8se is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium 6M Thunder Gray/Morello Red

The surprise is what gets me.

They are surprised they didn't get feature 'X' on a $40k car, and I'm surprised they bought a $40k car without going over the feature list with a fine-toothed comb.
    rustybear3 and wallus13 like this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

not gonna lie, this thread made me giggle

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

OK you make a good point but you would think a car this expensive should come with a trailer hitch like my cheap old pickup did.
    ben.gators likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    Just a small rant I would like to make, if you please

Folks, when you buy the ATS, you aren't paying the $40K for all the niceties you can get on a fully loaded HyToyKiChev; you are paying the $40K for the right to drive one of the best, if not the best, sport sedans on the road today. The $40K is used to cover the cost of that highly developed suspension, rigid but light structure, and high end materials used to support such a platform.

Please please please stop complaining about how your wife's brother's dog's base model $20K MazHoFo has integrated into it's accelerator pedal a Shoe Bottom Heated Dog Poo Removal System that mists the cabin with the sweet scent of lilacs, and that such a system isn't even offered on the ATS: all that that means is that that car does not have $40K driving dynamics, materials, and structure.

As has been noted elsewhere, many of the niceties on the ATS are only available in the higher trim levels and for greater cost, in order to encourage people to move up a trim level or two; but the fact remains that bare bones, the ATS is still a $40K platform, and that is its starting point.

Thanks! I feel better!
    Post of the month!
    Fullmoon909 likes this.

dzar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
    Sorry, but I'll diverge and say the auto industry has your fooled.

You should expect some basic niceties in a $40k vehicle. It was only recently Cadillac even offered auto up windows, for goodness sakes...

I have no compassion for folks who complain after purchasing without ever looking at what they buy, but when basic functionality in most lesser (?) brands/models is not available except on very expensive trim levels, or not at all, then it's our duty to complain and try to get good 'ol GM to compete.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I'm going to bitch just for the fun of it . I just assumed it had folding seats , do you open the hood to check there's an engine in there . No you just assume it's in there .

Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    @73JPS
    Thanks for creating this thread you made my day ever since I've been here on this forum I've tough of doing the same you just beat me to it

@Dzar and Transam
    Not because lesser vehicle try to show value by stuffing the car with options to make you forget how mundane and ordinary they are should caddy do the same.

Personally I went to test drive to the ATS because I could not believe how much value and equipment you where where getting for 40k, after driving the car I was blown away by the chassis and handling and bought one.

And just so you understand where my priorities are when it come to cars , the ATS is my daily driver and my week end car is a Porsche Boxster S,
    The ATS Is my first American cars replacing 15 years of BMW 3 series ( 2x 335xi , 330i, 325i and a couple of M3s) and I can honestly say that the ATS is right there with the best of them in terms of handling

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I agree , this car is amazing and that's why I bought it and not leased . The ats will drive circles around others with all season tires .

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

73JPS

Thanks! I am tired of such things too!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Very tempted to sticky this thread.
    I will keep bumping this thread on a daily basis to keep it on top!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.