Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! - Page 7
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree59Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a Premium ATS 3.6 with MRC and staggered summer tires. I love the performance in both Touring and ...
    Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Re: Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." !

I have a Premium ATS 3.6 with MRC and staggered summer tires. I love the performance in both Touring and Sport. Sport is almost too much for me. MCR really stiffens up the ride. Very responsive. Touring is plenty stiff and handles well for me. I wish there was a third setting for a softer ride.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Escalade has MRC also ....
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Displaced Hokie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Well, let me add the perspective of a potential owner who has been lurking here for a bit researching...the option packages are turning me away from the car. Specifically, lack of the folding seat as standard equip and the LSD as an option across the board.

The folding seat is an industry standard, thus why all the comments on how could this he missing.

The LSD should be an option in all 2.0T AT cars. It is a competitive advantage on one else offers. Plus, many here apparently see no advantage to having the larger and stronger diff housing and gears in a car quite a few plan to mod at some point.

*Forum Rant*. I think there are different cooling packages as well, but little discussion on that here or what level/option they come with.
    I'm actually surprised at the lack of powertrain tech talk (or knowledge?) on this forum.

The staggered wheels and mandatory run flats are also an issue on some levels.

And in general, the option levels are confusing to many.

And I have to say it...Caddy needs to be luring me in with a very good value proposition. They still have a crap reputation to rebuild, and lower resale values. It's somewhat of a risk to me.
    Thus, YES a $45,000 car with a tiny trunk should have a folding rear seat standard!!!

Rant off, thanks for listening.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Hokie View Post
    Rant off, thanks for listening.
    I'd say you're welcome except that would dis the OP. Well that and I read it rather than heard it, but I digress.

bmcleod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 2.0LT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    I have a Premium ATS 3.6 with MRC and staggered summer tires. I love the performance in both Touring and Sport. Sport is almost too much for me. MCR really stiffens up the ride. Very responsive. Touring is plenty stiff and handles well for me. I wish there was a third setting for a softer ride.
    Maybe the wrong place to ask, but anyone know why the AWD didn't get MRC?

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
    Maybe the wrong place to ask, but anyone know why the AWD didn't get MRC?
    Since I am down on MRC not because of what it does, but just because it could have been more, I could opine that AWD drive buyers are more astute and shared my view so wouldn't want it. LoL

In reality, since it appears that Cadillac picked option packages with a dartboard (no folding seats for Performance, no blind side alert in the driver awareness package, etc, etc), the reason is probably that none of the AWD engineers' darts landed on MRC.

I suspect the official reason is something like: AWD doesn't like staggered wheel widths and they would have to recalibrate something in MRC if narrower rear wheels are used, blah blah blah; you know: BS.

You may be able to find out by climbing that mountain the Tire Rack customer does to ask the guru.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    In reality, since it appears that Cadillac picked option packages with a dartboard (no folding seats for Performance, no blind side alert in the driver awareness package, etc, etc), the reason is probably that none of the AWD engineers' darts landed on MRC.
    I was surprised that blind spot was not in the driver's awareness package and effectively not available on lesser trim models. It's much more useful than LDW and a vibrating seat. I would have spent the money for the package if it had it. I really like on my wife's car.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    I was surprised that blind spot was not in the driver's awareness package and effectively not available on lesser trim models. It's much more useful than LDW and a vibrating seat. I would have spent the money for the package if it had it. I really like on my wife's car.
    My thought is the blind spot was moved into the Assist pkg due to location of common sensors and to make a 3k option more attractive. If it had been a separate option I would have gone for it but also wish it had been part of the Awareness pkg and in spirit of the OP thread intent, NOT Standard . Seems to be more of an awareness feature than assist.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    I would have gone for it but also wish it had been part of the Awareness pkg and in spirit of the OP thread intent, NOT Standard.
    It was not standard on the other cars I was considering, so no gripe there.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.