Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by gohawks63 When I traded my CTS Premium coupe for the V-coupe, I was surprised that the V ...
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." !

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    When I traded my CTS Premium coupe for the V-coupe, I was surprised that the V doesn't have a heated steering wheel that my previous CTS had.

The reason is probably because the V has the suede steering wheel and also because they moved the Traction Control button to the steering wheel and they ran out of room for buttons.

I was disappointed for maybe 5 seconds when considering it all in totality.
    rich ppl problems lol
    RippyPartsDept and ben.gators like this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by donavo
    rich ppl problems lol
    Or First world problems.
    GJB likes this.

ATS272 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Premium

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    I honestly think that many people buy vehicles (not just this one) without fully educating themselves on the features that are offered at the trim level they are considering. I mean, how else does one explain the number of posts by persons disappointed (and seemingly surprised) by the lack of a feature on their car? Impulse purchase?
    Good point. I guess it's also a matter of how long does one really test drive a car? I know this time around I actually stayed in the car and tinkered with every single option, read through every brochure and web configurator to the point that I told the dealership I bought my ATS from that the ATS has a safety-alert seat even though they said, "that's only on the XTS." *rolls eyes* I even brought out my iPod and played music in all the sound systems so I didn't get sold on "Oh it's Premium sound." The one dealer had commented, "That's actually a great idea." My anecdotal opinion, based on no facts whatsoever, is that people take a quick drive, tinker quickly and listen to a sales pitch - soon enough they sign on a dotted line.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    When I traded my CTS Premium coupe for the V-coupe, I was surprised that the V doesn't have a heated steering wheel that my previous CTS had.

The reason is probably because the V has the suede steering wheel and also because they moved the Traction Control button to the steering wheel and they ran out of room for buttons.

I was disappointed for maybe 5 seconds when considering it all in totality.
    Solution: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...FStp7AodB0AAyQ

nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Enjoyed this thread! I am 50 years old and the ATS was my return to "American" cars after. 23 years. This car is a delight in every sense - is it perfect - no - is it a joy to drive and own - yes. The panache in driving a cutting edge American sports sedan puts a smile on my face every time I hit the Start button. Where it counts Caddy did it right!!
    wallus13, AirBusPilot and Jakb like this.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

i got a good one....i cant believe LED license plate lights are not included on a 40+k car. BOOM

Felton10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 luxury

Quite possibly-I took my 2008 CTS in for service and went home with a 2013 ATS. Wanted another Cadillac, didn't want a 2013 CTS and had worked out all the
    numbers re ranges of trade-in amount they might give me for my car, possible interest rates and priced the base and luxury models under all within those ranges.
    So having decided on the trim levels I could afford-missing a couple of option which my CTS had, but the ATS didn't was not a deal breaker. But I can still complain that I thought a base model of the ATS should have tthings that the base model CTS had.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by ATS272
    Good point. I guess it's also a matter of how long does one really test drive a car? I know this time around I actually stayed in the car and tinkered with every single option, read through every brochure and web configurator to the point that I told the dealership I bought my ATS from that the ATS has a safety-alert seat even though they said, "that's only on the XTS." *rolls eyes* I even brought out my iPod and played music in all the sound systems so I didn't get sold on "Oh it's Premium sound." The one dealer had commented, "That's actually a great idea." My anecdotal opinion, based on no facts whatsoever, is that people take a quick drive, tinker quickly and listen to a sales pitch - soon enough they sign on a dotted line. ---------- Solution: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...FStp7AodB0AAyQ
    Unfortunately, it takes a long time to really assess a car....they let me take my ats home for a 24 hour test drive but it just so happened to be on a Saturday and they were closed on Sunday so I had the car for almost 2 days (put over 300 miles on it, which quite surprised them!)....anyways, to this day, 6 months later, I'm still finding things I like and don't like about the car.
    RippyPartsDept and 73JPS like this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ATS272
    Almost as expensive as a heated steering wheel.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Super happy with my ATS despite a few on-going issues... But today after 11 months I saw only my second ATS in the wild... and 1 Tesla in the same period. I wonder if Cadillac had included more items/features on the base model would they have sold a lot more units???

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Cut the guy some slack he had a legitimate excuse....He was really, really drunk when he did it. Does Canadian universal health cover rehab?
    He also drives an Escalade.... and he said he was sorry and that we need to move on. ... and yes, his rehab could be paid for by the tax payers although he is very well off and could handle that himself in some facility - like his family home - that would continue to enable him.
    GJB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pever View Post
    Super happy with my ATS despite a few on-going issues... But today after 11 months I saw only my second ATS in the wild... and 1 Tesla in the same period. I wonder if Cadillac had included more items/features on the base model would they have sold a lot more units???
    I think it could be one, or both, of two things a) prying people away from the Germans (worked for me though) and b) still a new model

I've only seen ATS's on dealer lots and my garage....still on the hunt for one in the wild
    17394641-young-man-wearing-safari-shirt-and-pith-helmet-lowering-binoculars-isolated-on-white-ba.jpg

l.cassar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Not having the rear folding seats is ridiculous.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by l.cassar View Post
    Not having the rear folding seats is ridiculous.
    And you selected the trim level that does not have them... because?

artscadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS With Sport Perf Pkg

Heated seats don't come in any level ATS. You must add the Cold weather Pkg.

Heated seats come with the Lux version of CTS + XTS and have always been in Cadillacs. This is the one option that will surprise you not being in the ATS.

Quote Originally Posted by artscadillac View Post
    Heated seats don't come in any level ATS. You must add the Cold weather Pkg.

Heated seats come with the Lux version of CTS + XTS and have always been in Cadillacs. This is the one option that will surprise you not being in the ATS.
    When I was looking for mine, I actually saw a 3.6L Prem. trim w/o heated seats - really????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.