Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by donavo are u guys gonna keep preaching about how flawless everything cadillac does is? Wow. I don't ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." !

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    are u guys gonna keep preaching about how flawless everything cadillac does is?
    Wow. I don't see that happening. This thread was a rant about people who don't understand that different people want different things and want to impose their needs on everyone else. As the title says, this is about making things standard. Making something an option doesn't deny or impose anything. Making something standard means people who don't want it get stuck with it. When someone speculates why they think GM makes certain things standard that is completely different than saying they think that's how it should be. I can't speak for the OP but I think in a perfect world everything should be an option and not a damn thing should be standard. Just because you or someone else wants something doesn't mean other people should have it crammed down their throats. By all means complain to GM that they don't offer exactly what you want but don't expect sympathy when you advocate achieving that at the expense of other customers wants. If you want sympathy fight for making what you want optional, not mandatory.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Wow. I don't see that happening. This thread was a rant about people who don't understand that different people want different things and want to impose their needs on everyone else. As the title says, this is about making things standard. Making something an option doesn't deny or impose anything. Making something standard means people who don't want it get stuck with it. When someone speculates why they think GM makes certain things standard that is completely different than saying they think that's how it should be. I can't speak for the OP but I think in a perfect world everything should be an option and not a damn thing should be standard. Just because you or someone else wants something doesn't mean other people should have it crammed down their throats. By all means complain to GM that they don't offer exactly what you want but don't expect sympathy when you advocate achieving that at the expense of other customers wants. If you want sympathy fight for making what you want optional, not mandatory.
    oh no i didnt mean it like i want stuff to b standard. but a few of the posts just sounded GM glorifying. im cool with the way things are. difference between standard and premium should b huge. but lets not all say how amazing and flawless GM is. its probably best not keep patting GM on the back every second. idk thats just how this thread came off to me. like "cadillac is perfect the way it is"

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    oh no i didnt mean it like i want stuff to b standard. but a few of the posts just sounded GM glorifying. im cool with the way things are. difference between standard and premium should b huge. but lets not all say how amazing and flawless GM is. its probably best not keep patting GM on the back every second. idk thats just how this thread came off to me. like "cadillac is perfect the way it is"
    People are going to interpret things differently based on their experiences. So maybe that's happening.

I definitely would prefer for GM to make everything an option where possible. More and more things interact every year but the things that don't should always be an option. I say let a Standard or Luxury buyer have HIDs and LED lights or HomeLink, for examples. I think GM is really messing up by not making some things available to some buyers. Something like HomeLink is free standing and very low cost (I'm sure its less than $25 per car) and probably almost every buyer would want it. Very few people who can only afford a Standard or don't need the expensive features of the other collections would pay thousands more to get HomeLink, but most Standard buyers will be annoyed by its unavailability. And HIDs improve safety and should be available on any collection.
    JavaGirl likes this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

well you guys whining should be happy that you bought the car now as typically launch year is the best value, hell they're already making the Manual an extra cost option now, I also heard down the pipe that they want to charge extra for the Brembo's on the 2.0, remove the standard LSD on the manuals and take away heated seats as standard in the Canadian cars.

Look at the chevy cruze, year 1-2, the Zlink suspension was standard across the board, now its only on the RS.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    well you guys whining should be happy that you bought the car now as typically launch year is the best value, hell they're already making the Manual an extra cost option now, I also heard down the pipe that they want to charge extra for the Brembo's on the 2.0, remove the standard LSD on the manuals and take away heated seats as standard in the Canadian cars.

Look at the chevy cruze, year 1-2, the Zlink suspension was standard across the board, now its only on the RS.
    if thats true then wow. just sucking more and more out of consumers. but who can blame them. thats what they are meant to do.

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by amunderdog View Post

-
    Instead of allowing the American people to choose the cars that best fit their safety, convenience, size, and fuel economy needs, the Obama Administration announced today that the federal government is better equipped to make those choices, and will require that new cars and light trucks get an average of 35.5 miles per gallon by 2016. As a result, each vehicle will cost over $1,100 more and more autoworkers will lose their jobs. The real joke? This policy will have zero impact on carbon emissions or climate change—its purported goal.
    http://www.instituteforenergyresearc...ng-regulation/
    -
    -
    If you're going to cut and paste nonsense like this, at least find more credible sources than right winged, big Oil Koch Brothers funded organizational fronts such as The Institute for Energy Research.....this group is against any or all who interfere with their Corporate oil sponsors.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    well you guys whining should be happy that you bought the car now as typically launch year is the best value, hell they're already making the Manual an extra cost option now...
    I don't think this is correct: I just 'built' a 2.0T Performance on the Canadian website, and it's still a $1600 credit for a manual. I also went to the US Cadillac website and 'built' the same car: choosing a manual transmission does not provide a credit, but it does not add extra cost.

The point I was trying to make in my original post was that the basic price tier a vehicle occupies has little relation to the quantity of standard features the vehicle comes with, particularly at the entry level end of the price tier: this is true of ANY vehicle. The price tier the ATS occupies is more related to its place as a sport sedan and the badge it wears, and like all vehicles, if you want more 'stuff' on it, you have to pay more than the entry level price. Thus, 1) don't expect the base end of a $40K car to have all the super deluxo options any more than you would expect the base end of a $15K car, and 2)please stop bringing up the very weak point that a lesser vehicle has more 'stuff' on it at a lower price, because it doesn't strengthen one's argument, or provide support to one's indignation

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    I don't think this is correct: I just 'built' a 2.0T Performance on the Canadian website, and it's still a $1600 credit for a manual. I also went to the US Cadillac website and 'built' the same car: choosing a manual transmission does not provide a credit, but it does not add extra cost.
    If you are talking 2014 on both sites (The US still has both 2013 and 2014), then that's as bad as the $800 polished 18" wheel rippoff. LoL. Prices always reflect what they think the market will bear. So if you're right, GM just thinks US buyers will put up with paying an extra $1600 while Canadians won't. I love it when they get caught.

Are we going to see Americans start sneaking manual trans cars in from Canada like the prescription drugs?

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

I'd expect a locking fuel door to be standard on a $40,000 car.

Quote Originally Posted by JLGT View Post
    I'd expect a locking fuel door to be standard on a $40,000 car.
    Will you sign my petition to force Tesla to include a locking fuel door?

If you are talking 2014 on both sites (The US still has both 2013 and 2014), then that's as bad as the $800 polished 18" wheel rippoff. LoL. Prices always reflect what they think the market will bear. So if you're right, GM just thinks US buyers will put up with paying an extra $1600 while Canadians won't. I love it when they get caught.

Are we going to see Americans start sneaking manual trans cars in from Canada like the prescription drugs?
    I think you'll find identically spec'ed cars still come out cheaper on your side of the border, even considering the $1600 credit we get. Plus, up here the retail taxes are quite a bit higher... since we have to fund our politicians' crack smoking habits.
    ben.gators, wallus13 and GJB like this.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    I think you'll find identically spec'ed cars still come out cheaper on your side of the border, even considering the $1600 credit we get. Plus, up here the retail taxes are quite a bit higher... since we have to fund our politicians' crack smoking habits.
    Cut the guy some slack he had a legitimate excuse....He was really, really drunk when he did it. Does Canadian universal health cover rehab?
    73JPS likes this.

ATS272 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T Premium

Quote Originally Posted by amunderdog View Post
    ...GM’s engineers will have to get creative and possibly integrate some lightweight (and expensive) materials like aluminum or magnesium, driving costs up even further.
    Kind of like my magnesium paddle shifters

I definitely would prefer for GM to make everything an option where possible.
    Agreed. That's a very BMW way to go and it's proven successful for them.

It's funny when people complain because they could get a Kia Optima with more features for less money, but do they? No. They still get the ATS. Go look and see what you get in a BMW for the same price as our cars....
    73JPS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ATS272 View Post
    It's funny when people complain because they could get a Kia Optima with more features for less money, but do they? No. They still get the ATS. Go look and see what you get in a BMW for the same price as our cars....
    I honestly think that many people buy vehicles (not just this one) without fully educating themselves on the features that are offered at the trim level they are considering. I mean, how else does one explain the number of posts by persons disappointed (and seemingly surprised) by the lack of a feature on their car? Impulse purchase?

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    When I traded my CTS Premium coupe for the V-coupe, I was surprised that the V doesn't have a heated steering wheel that my previous CTS had.

The reason is probably because the V has the suede steering wheel and also because they moved the Traction Control button to the steering wheel and they ran out of room for buttons.

I was disappointed for maybe 5 seconds when considering it all in totality.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.