Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." ! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Someone made a post that was deleted for violating forum guidelines. But it did convey that complaining about complainers is ...
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Please: No More "...I'd expect 'x' to be standard on a $40,000 car..." !

Someone made a post that was deleted for violating forum guidelines.

But it did convey that complaining about complainers is somewhat ironic.

And it goes without saying that if someone doesn't like a thread they are free to ignore it.

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I thought these were $50k Cars with even the base and Lux models refereed to as such
    GJB likes this.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    I thought these were $50k Cars with even the base and Lux models refereed to as such
    Anyone who refers to the cost of their car is just so nouveau riche. If you don't have people to refer to it for you, you should keep quiet.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    $40k sounds like a good average number, and even maybe a little higher than average, especially considering incentives GM gives. The price of my performance ATS with nav, sunroof, and GM accessory grill was very very close to $40k!

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

^ I was being Sarcastic

I already knew the Average transaction price for the ATS was supposedly $39,459 so I had no disagreement with it.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Oh, sorry, I missed the joke! Yes, you are right, in all of those threads, they introduce ATS as a $50k car, even though they own a base or luxury....

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Thank you 73JPS. Bert

pever is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Quote Originally Posted by JSATS
    should come with a trailer hitch like my cheap old pickup did.
    And a gun rack.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by pever View Post
    And a gun rack.
    then you'd complain that it didn't have a set of bull horns on the hood.....lol

JoshuaDav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Turbo Premium Black Raven

I have a heads up display and it looks very sexy and it makes me feel like I'm living in the future so I am happy.

Silvermane is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS AWD 2.0T

I don't understand how someone complains about the car no one forced them to buy. If you wanted a feature, and this car doesn't have it, why did you buy it? Even worse is the "I am surprised it didn't have ____"... I hope you didn't buy the car without knowing all of the features it has/doesn't have...

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Its a well powered, beautifully balanced RWD(if you like) sports sedan, you're paying for the badge and the amazing platform.

ep_83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by dzar View Post
    Sorry, but I'll diverge and say the auto industry has your fooled.

You should expect some basic niceties in a $40k vehicle. It was only recently Cadillac even offered auto up windows, for goodness sakes...

I have no compassion for folks who complain after purchasing without ever looking at what they buy, but when basic functionality in most lesser (?) brands/models is not available except on very expensive trim levels, or not at all, then it's our duty to complain and try to get good 'ol GM to compete.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Compete with who? Let's not forget that the ATS was built specifically to compete with the 3 series, which just like the ATS, is a sports sedan that doesn't have a ton of basic features. The ATS isn't competing with fully loaded Accords and Camrys. GM's Chevrolet division is responsible for competing with Honda and Toyota. You're not going to find a RWD car that handles like an ATS (it took tons of money to develop the Alpha chassis), uses high quality materials for the interior, and has the same standard features as a fully loaded Accord/Camry. If you do, sign me up lol...
    RippyPartsDept and rustybear3 like this.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

are u guys gonna keep preaching about how flawless everything cadillac does is? some of you talk about it like cadillac is a saint. if the CEO of cadillac was reading this thread, hed have a huge grin on his face, telling the vice president if the company "SEE???? i told u we can charge them extra for the basic stuff and theyll think were doing them a favor". dont get me wrong tho lol. i love the car. its awesome and probably my favorite car on the road right now. but lets all pretend like were not happy with it so GM doesnt take a break and take another fall like they did from 80s-2000s. lets keep them on their toes.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

It seems GM messed up again and then advertised it as an advantage.
    So the ATS is a mashup of compromise.
    Cadillac’s reputation of building heavy luxo-boats set to sea a long time ago, but even the 556 hp CTS-V is a heavyweight compared to competitors from Europe.

Especially with hefty gas prices, automakers are revving up their engineering teams to slash weight out of their cars so they can meet fuel economy standards without sapping power as they did in the ‘70s and ‘80s.

A new Cadillac compact, the 2013 ATS, is taking weight reduction and agile performance to new heights with an incredible amount of technology thrown in for good measure.
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2kS92C9R8

-- We will know in about 10 years how well it holds together in the real world.

http://www.lsxtv.com/features/editor...ight-problems/
    To understand fully, you have to go back to the beginning of development of the Alpha platform. The initial plan for the platform was inspired by GM executive sensation Bob Lutz, who envisioned a light-weight premium platform powered by four-cylinder engines. The platform was designed with a very specific suspension setup for 4-bangers, but it seems that Cadillac executives insisted that a V6 powerplant also be an option, adding weight to the platform.

Then Cadillac also demanded the option for all-wheel drive, adding even more heft. On top of that, Cadillac also demanded an expanded version of the platform, called Alpha+, that could accommodate a twin-turbo V6. As a result of all this additional weight, the near-perfect geometry of the original multi-link suspension has to be cast aside. Not only that, but the original weight goals have been exceeded by 500 pounds (total weight is close to two tons now), costs have overrun, and GM has a less-than-ideal platform to go forward with. And if this platform is going to underpin the Camaro, where’s the V8 engine option?

In order to shave that much weight, GM’s engineers will have to get creative and possibly integrate some lightweight (and expensive) materials like aluminum or magnesium, driving costs up even further. Sounds like a hell of a mess GM has on their hands, but hopefully they can get it sorted out before 2013, when the platform nears road-ready production.
    -
    -- Driven by an insane obsession with European cars and EPA mandates.
    -
    Instead of allowing the American people to choose the cars that best fit their safety, convenience, size, and fuel economy needs, the Obama Administration announced today that the federal government is better equipped to make those choices, and will require that new cars and light trucks get an average of 35.5 miles per gallon by 2016. As a result, each vehicle will cost over $1,100 more and more autoworkers will lose their jobs. The real joke? This policy will have zero impact on carbon emissions or climate change—its purported goal.
    http://www.instituteforenergyresearc...ng-regulation/
    -
    -
    I am getting older.........
    Driving a light·weight vehicle (tried it several times)
    Compromised cargo capacity
    Difficult ingress and egress
    Compromised passenger accommodations
    Are unacceptable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.