Ats 2.0 turbo drag strip times
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Ats 2.0 turbo drag strip times in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Well I took car back to track again, bone stock my car ran 14.40@93 mph. Then did cold air intake ...
    Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

Ats 2.0 turbo drag strip times

Well I took car back to track again, bone stock my car ran 14.40@93 mph. Then did cold air intake and evac can and catback exhaust, car ran 14.16@96 mph. Two weeks ago HP TUNERS released there software for computer and I have been learning and dynoing nonstop. Today at track car ran best of 13.20@104 mph. Pretty impressed but was hoping for 12's. still have a lot to learn about trann, when automatic shifts the car has 0 timing from 4800-5600 rpm. Once I get that figured out I'm sure car be real close to 12.90's. I still have stock downpipe on car and not sure if I will be able to get back to track due to weather. All the runs and dynoing I have been doing is on straight 93 octane. No e85 or water injection yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Indyblue98 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V

Re: Ats 2.0 turbo drag strip times

Terrific improvement.
    Last time I took my 1998 Corvette 6 speed manual to the track I only ran 13.5 at 108.

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Nice! Look into the torque management tables for the loss of timing on shifts possibly? These cars are a lot newer than my old LS1 F-body, but it's TQ management system would pull that trick on gear changes.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

You dropped almost a second and added 8 mph from tuning? Holy she-it!
    Any of this due to DA improvements or getting your launch down?

Whose CAI and catback are you running?

I have same observation on timing as the Ancient Marnier. Timing was dialed back to 0* advance on the upshifts on the 4L60's (NA LS1). However it returned to normal timing pretty shortly after the shift. Interestingly, the manual tranny cars have TM too. I had to zero it out on the LS3 vette.

When you're tuning at WOT, what are you using to report the A/F? Can you rely upon the built in sensors? If you are using an aftermarket wideband, where are you plugging it in?

I thought I had all torque management for tranny taken care of but apparently not! There is quite a bit for me to still learn! I will just have to continue on and keep playing and learning! I also had a ls1 camaro, and If I remember right it ran 13.47@105-106mph stock. That was back in 1999. That car eventually ran 12.70's on motor with just bolt ons and went 11.40's @122 with nos! At that time there was only couple LS cars running 11's with nos or blowers! I have a 1963 grand sport corvette i have been slowly building that has lsx twin turbo setup going in it!
    I really am enjoying the ATS, I'm going to continue to learn and build parts for it, everything on car now I have built, and tested with help from Buschur Racing! We do plan on releasing more parts but not until we test and prove performance gains! I'm going to purchase a stock tdo4 turbo from cadillac and send it to Forced Performance and have them upgrade it! With Hyundai genesis turbo they built a stock frame turbo that made 100 more horsepower that stock td04! Same turbo but does have some differences like BOV. I'm pretty sure with full exhaust, intake, turbo upgrade we will have the car running 11's at 120 mph. This will be done with no appearance change to turbo. I will build a header but I don't think with the stock appearing turbo a tubular header will be needed, all the turbos we have had built from FP have had tremendous gains with factory PORTED AND COATED exhaust manifolds! This will keep cost down and have stock appearing look on car. Inter cooler will also come in to play, but I'd like to see gains with stock intercooler before we build one! Typically these stock appearing turbos with ported manifolds cost between 1200-1700 dollars for direct bolt ons and we do a core charge. We also do complete installs at shop, a turbo swap, exhaust, intercooler can be done in one day when scheduled!

----------

Stock the car was getting 1.80-1.90 60ft times! Yesterday my best was 1.70, stock all I had to do was pump brakes couple times, stage car then floor it and car build 15-16 psi, with the tune now, I did same procedure and first pass I made was a little much and I had to let out because car went to 3600rpm and had 23 psi and started pushing through lights. Lol. After that I didn't floor car when foot braking it, I tried to hold it at 2500 rpm and then when lights starting dropping I'd floor it then release brake, looking at logs then it reach 3000 rpm and 18 psi. That seemed to work best and would get minimum tire spin, I ran stock tire pressure in all tires because at this power level there is no need to drop pressure. I actually want a little tire spin to keep boost up in first gear. Car is running 22-23 psi and will only drop a pound at 6800. Car doesn't drop off power after 5800 rpm like it did stock. Power climbs all the way to 6000 and holds power from 6000-7000 rpm. Turbo I believe is just out of wind above 22-23 psi, I can get it to spike higher but falls at higher rpm. I will keep playing with it and try to see if I can get it to hold 25 at 6800 but not sure it will.

----------

I am using factory sensors as of now but when I am running car on dyno I have a wideband o2, I have an extra O2 bung in exhaust and plan on running wideband gauge in car at all times, I have boost gauge in glove box and I'm going to make a plate to mount in glove box to hold boost gauge and afr gauge. That way when someone looks in car there isn't gauges mounted everywhere. I can open glove box and monitor gauges then shut glove box and hide them

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    I thought I had all torque management for tranny taken care of but apparently not! There is quite a bit for me to still learn! I will just have to continue on and keep playing and learning! I also had a ls1 camaro, and If I remember right it ran 13.47@105-106mph stock. That was back in 1999. That car eventually ran 12.70's on motor with just bolt ons and went 11.40's @122 with nos! At that time there was only couple LS cars running 11's with nos or blowers! I have a 1963 grand sport corvette i have been slowly building that has lsx twin turbo setup going in it! ...
    Awww memories , mine was a first year '98 WS6 Formula and these LS1 cars were quite the game changer at the time. I ran a 13.5 at 105 bone stock and with a Hotcam/exhaust got that down to 12.6 at 115 on street tires. I vaguely recall there was another "hidden" function in the timing tables that had to be zeroed to completely eliminate TQ management, but being 10+ years ago and a lot of brain cells pickled along the way, memory fails me as to exactly what that value setting was.

Best of luck with the research!

Ihuntv8 likes this.

This is my 99. I went 12.02 with full bolt-ons in mineshaft DA. IIRC, December 2000. 3500 stall/headers/UD pulley/LS6 intake/FTRA/SLP D/D. Eventually went 11.50s with a cam.
    This is after the rollbars went in.
    back - angle.jpg
    I'm pulling up to stage after the burnout in this photo.
    Burnout.jpg
    The vette I don't take to the track (just once). It reduces the mod bug. Ok, Slightly.
    Ihuntv8 likes this.

Nice! The mod bug has always been my downfall too LOL...can't ever seem to leave well enough alone

I'm same way, no matter how happy I am with something I still try to make it better or want more! It's a disease!!!!!! Lol. Great pictures, I loved my SScamaro, I raced that car twice a week at drag strip, only issue I ever had was the rear end, I couldn't justify putting a 12 bolt in it with all the abs crap for 3000 grand, I did have the automatic rebuilt once but after that the tranny was great! I'd probably still have that car if I wouldn't have raced a guy name David Buschur! He put a beating on my car with his eagle talon, after meeting him and racing him I decided I was going to build one of them 4 bangers! Bought a 91 talon for 1600 bucks and 3 weeks later the car was running low 13's, that winter Buschur racing built motor for me and I put bigger turbo and so on. That car was a great sleeper, ran 10.70's on street tires. That's how I ended up working at buschurs doing all the fab work. Always enjoyed making big power with 4 bangers! My Evo ran 9.70's at 147 mph on race gas, 10,60's on pump gas and still got 26-27 mpg. Mitsubishi 4g63 is probably one of the best motors ever built. I ran that car for 30,000 miles with that built motor before a wrist pin broke! Very impressive making 650 hp from a 122 cubic inch motor revving to 8500rpm and it staying together!
    This winter we might buy a crate motor from caddy and tear it down and build it up and see what kinda power these motors can handle. Only way to learn is to blow stuff up and rebuild. Sucks for the wallet but it sure is fun!

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

^ Sexy WS6

The DSM talon was a hot car in its day. Styling and power were both cutting edge.
    Before the camaro, I had a supercharged MR2 which I really liked. Lack of a back seat was an issue for a guy with 3 kids. I added a pulley/headers/ignition and it was quick, but it could not keep up with a turbo car. There's so much potential with a turbo.

Gotta love boosted motors in general - so easy to get great hp increases out of minimal mods. Or crazy numbers out of more mods, at the risk of blowing stuff up as IhuntV8 mentioned. My previous toy was an '09 Shelby that was ridiculously easy to get an extra 100hp out of; had it running mid 11's at 124 on street tires...then I got greedy for he crazy hp mods and blew it up, couldn't leave well enough alone with that one either

Ihuntv8 likes this.

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

I didn't buy my ATS as a race car, but I do like it to be peppy enough to enjoy and get out of trouble, should the need arise.

So ... how does a stock 3.6 compare to a stock 2.0T in track times? Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I didn't buy my ATS as a race car, but I do like it to be peppy enough to enjoy and get out of trouble, should the need arise.

So ... how does a stock 3.6 compare to a stock 2.0T in track times? Any idea?
    Oh I agree there with the ATS, ours is just a DD and I'm still hunting a new toy for myself. Doesn't mean though that I won't completely leave well enough alone with it LOL. As for the 3.6 vs 2.0 stock to stock, if you can believe the magazine numbers most have the V6 a couple tenths and a couple mph quicker. But the 2.0 is the one to buy if you intend on modding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
    My previous toy was an '09 Shelby that was ridiculously easy to get an extra 100hp out of; had it running mid 11's at 124 on street tires...then I got greedy for he crazy hp mods and blew it up, couldn't leave well enough alone with that one either
    We travel many of the same roads.
    I put a S/C on the white camaro and blew up the #7 cylinder. Unfortunately, I was year or so too early on that car. Much better tuning solutions came out after sold the blower off it to buy a new bottom end.
    Ancient Mariner likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.